Toast 2013 SuperCoach "Nailed it" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's 5 weeks in a row I've selected my highest scoring player as Captain :)
Jack Steven's massive last quarter brought my streak to an end o_O

Although 140 points from Ryan Griffen was respectable :)

That's my point though. At least there is still some skill left in SC as to when to trade and when to hold. A lot of the top 1000 teams have burnt all their trades with six rounds to go (*cough* J_M) will fall by the wayside, whilst those of us who have hung onto trades will leapfrog them in the run home when we turn our benchies into premo's or sideways injured/suspended premo's in the final few rounds, whilst they're copping doughnuts or sub affected benchie/cover scores.

I disagree with what you are saying about my team Gringy. o_O

For starters I have a pretty handy bench depth and its getting tested this weekend with 4 premos on the bench (Hanley, Dangerfield, Naitanui, Bartel) :eek:

Alot of teams would be farked and up s**t creek without a paddle having 4 premos out in one week like me yet I am still fielding a pretty competitive 22 with Vlastuin, Mitchell, Nicholls and Gray filling in this week. And I still have an emergency on each line aswell except ruck. :cool::thumbsu:

Yeah if I get season ending injuries I'll be screwed but so will alot of other people. :rolleyes:

If I can have a fair run of no more season ending injuries though then I can't see my team slipping down the overall rankings that much.

This weekend will be a good test for my team to see how they score with 4 premos on the bench.

Looking forward to the challenge. :D:thumbsu:

I'll be in the same position as you this week JM.. Dangerfield, Bartel, Goodes, Hanley out! And will be using my last trade on Goodes and after this hope to have enough depth to cover for all the rest of my non-season ending injuries.. It is scary though! :eek:
Not sure which position I'd rather be in..

For starters I have a pretty handy bench depth and its getting tested this weekend with 4 premos on the bench (Hanley, Dangerfield, Naitanui, Bartel) :eek:

Alot of teams would be farked and up s**t creek without a paddle having 4 premos out in one week like me yet I am still fielding a pretty competitive 22 with Vlastuin, Mitchell, Nicholls and Gray filling in this week. And I still have an emergency on each line aswell except ruck. :cool::thumbsu:

Yeah if I get season ending injuries I'll be screwed but so will alot of other people. :rolleyes:

If I can have a fair run of no more season ending injuries though then I can't see my team slipping down the overall rankings that much.

This weekend will be a good test for my team to see how they score with 4 premos on the bench.

Yeh but others have handy bench depth as well. Mines pretty good as well. Vlastuin, Swallow, Nicholls, Buddy.

Also Hanley could be out for 4 weeks instead of 2. Two weeks seems optomistic, but who knows. Natanui will most likely be put on ice for the rest of the year, so you are effectively 2 premo's short already for 4-6 weeks. Any more injuries and you'll be playing without any emergencies. The way injures/suspensions have gone this year, I honestly can't see you fielding 22 players in Rd's 22/23. Same thing happened to me last year. I had great bench depth but had 6 premo's on the pine in the last round or two due to season ending injuries/being put on ice etc..

This is the thing JM, a lot of other people will have a trade or 2 or 3 to use in rds 20-23 when those injuries/surgeries/rest/etc. occur,

I'm with Gingy (I think) - hang onto that last trade if you can, you just never know......

Had him last year but avoided him this year. More than compensated by doing extra research (sometimes at the expense of university research :oops:), nearly 3000 points up on last year :thumbsu:

That's my point though. At least there is still some skill left in SC as to when to trade and when to hold. A lot of the top 1000 teams have burnt all their trades with six rounds to go (*cough* J_M) will fall by the wayside, whilst those of us who have hung onto trades will leapfrog them in the run home when we turn our benchies into premo's or sideways injured/suspended premo's in the final few rounds, whilst they're copping doughnuts or sub affected benchie/cover scores.
Correct. Lesson learned. No trades & I'm paying for it now. Dropped from 1100-5200 and I'm still copping injuries/suspensions with little to no cover.
This week ill be copping a donut, maybe two.

Had him last year but avoided him this year. More than compensated by doing extra research (sometimes at the expense of university research :oops:), nearly 3000 points up on last year :thumbsu:
Are you saying your team is better without Gaz :eek:

Yeh but others have handy bench depth as well. Mines pretty good as well. Vlastuin, Swallow, Nicholls, Buddy.

Also Hanley could be out for 4 weeks instead of 2. Two weeks seems optomistic, but who knows. Natanui will most likely be put on ice for the rest of the year, so you are effectively 2 premo's short already for 4-6 weeks. Any more injuries and you'll be playing without any emergencies. The way injures/suspensions have gone this year, I honestly can't see you fielding 22 players in Rd's 22/23. Same thing happened to me last year. I had great bench depth but had 6 premo's on the pine in the last round or two due to season ending injuries/being put on ice etc..

Not that optomistic, Watson has only been out, for 4 weeks now hasnt he and they said he is in contention for next week. thats 5 weeks for a broken collarbone... and broken hand is much easier to play through when it's nearly healed than collarbone

Not that optomistic, Watson has only been out, for 4 weeks now hasnt he and they said he is in contention for next week. thats 5 weeks for a broken collarbone... and broken hand is much easier to play through when it's nearly healed than collarbone

not everyone is soft with a broken collarbone - real men return to FULL duties in 4-5 weeks

not everyone is soft with a broken collarbone - real men return to FULL duties in 4-5 weeks

4-5 weeks with surgery is a quick recovery mate, and I'll tell you what. It'll be much quicker than your recovery after you get demolished this week HAHA.
Or 2-3 weeks if you're Marc Murphy. :cool:
he fractured his face not his collarbone... lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that optimistic, Watson has only been out, for 4 weeks now hasn't he and they said he is in contention for next week. that's 5 weeks for a broken collarbone... and broken hand is much easier to play through when it's nearly healed than collarbone

Depends on the player. Leuey and Kreuz missed only 2 and 3 weeks receptively with similar injuries.

4-5 weeks with surgery is a quick recovery mate, and I'll tell you what. It'll be much quicker than your recovery after you get demolished this week HAHA.
he fractured his face not his collarbone... lol

Broken cheekbone = broken collarbone as far as (usual) recovery goes. Broken cheekbone used to be a 4-6 week injury. Murph probably came back a couple of games earlier than he should have. Speaks volumes about his intestinal fortitude and dinky helmet. ;)

And he still hasn't been the same player so far, a 54 a 75 and a 103. I'll pay that he is getting better but this is at the 4-6 week range that he should've actually come back at

And he still hasn't been the same player so far, a 54 a 75 and a 103. I'll pay that he is getting better but this is at the 4-6 week range that he should've actually come back at

Expect similar numbers from Hanley on his return.

I've got Hanley as well, but will most likely be trading him out to Ibbo, Cannon or Enright this week. Can't/won't take the chance on it being a 4 week injury + 2 (return from injury) spud scores in the final 2 rounds. Those are points lost you will never get back...unless of course you have confidence in your cover pumping out premo scores whilst he's recuperating? ...just sayin'

Expect similar numbers from Hanley on his return.

That is a good point and if he isn't back in by the first week of finals I will be trading him, but he has the ability to pump out 110+ scores eg. rds 2,3,7,8,9,15,16 and 17

Holding Hanley.
Going Priddis>Fyfe.

Almost dropped Rockliff after his 5 game patch of poor form averaging 75, but luckily I kept the faith. He has averaged 130 in his last 5 games and captained my team this week :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back