F: Green, Brown, Staker
HF: Rockliff, Lisle, Zorko
C: Black, Raines, Hanley
HB: Harwood, Maguire, Drummond
B: Patfull, Merrett, Golby
R: Leuenberger, Redden, Rich
I: Longer, Adcock, Polec, Yeo

Thoughts?

I think your username should be Van Nostradamus!

Assuming no retirements, I wouldn't be surprised if we played both Hudson and Leuey, similar to round 1 this year.

Even with the positive recent news re: Staker's recovery, I'm refusing to lock him in for round 1. I'd probably go with Lester in that role - given Lester has played round 1 for the past two years, I reckon you can assume that he is someone who impresses during the off/pre-season.

Banfield/Polks get regular games now - not sure what is going to change on that front.

Would love to see Karnezis named on a wing.

McGrath for a forward role, possibly instead of Lisle with Brown going to CHF and Leuey to full forward replicating Sauce's role this year.

I really hope next year Hudson won't be in the best 22. If Leuenberger can regain his fitness I hope he can ruck 80-85% of the game and Lisle can ruck the rest of the time.

I'm starting to wonder if we might not get a better return from playing Merrett up forward permanently and looking for another option as a key defender. Unfortunately, key defenders of Merrett's size and capability don't grow on trees. Mind you, Merrett's pace, marking ability and, strength and capacity to put on defensive pressure are good attributes to have a key forward and something that we've been lacking for many a year. Merrett would also make an ideal replacement for when J.Brown pulls the pin as well, particularly with Merrett having been in the team and knowing the structures for a few years.

My thoughts are this is probably the earliest I've ever seen this thread. That's not a good thing.

People shoudl wait until at least the trade week and preferably until the list is finalised to even think about this.

A few years ago there were plenty of these teams throwing around "pick 4" and "pick 22" in the best 22. That's much much worse than this. :)

Edit: Must've been in 2006, looking back at the draft orders.

This is my starting team for 2013.

F: Green, Brown, Staker
HF: Rockliff, Lisle, Zorko
C: Black, Raines, Hanley
HB: Harwood, Maguire, Drummond
B: Patfull, Merrett, Golby
R: Leuenberger, Redden, Rich
I: Longer, Adcock, Polec, Yeo

Thoughts?

You from SA? Green back pocket... Brown FB... I wonder why they do it this way?

Agree with others far too early and also agree with dylan12, draft pick 8 [a resting ruckman] will be perfect for the forward pocket.

Needs more 'ND Pick 8' in the forward pocket or bench for mine.

No McGrath named?:confused:

I can see quite a few guys like green overtaking mcgrath next year. Getting on a bit and doesnt have the same impact he once did

I think your username should be Van Nostradamus!

Assuming no retirements, I wouldn't be surprised if we played both Hudson and Leuey, similar to round 1 this year.

Even with the positive recent news re: Staker's recovery, I'm refusing to lock him in for round 1. I'd probably go with Lester in that role - given Lester has played round 1 for the past two years, I reckon you can assume that he is someone who impresses during the off/pre-season.

Banfield/Polks get regular games now - not sure what is going to change on that front.

Would love to see Karnezis named on a wing.

McGrath for a forward role, possibly instead of Lisle with Brown going to CHF and Leuey to full forward replicating Sauce's role this year.

Agree with you on karnezis. Hope he starts to achieve his full potential next year.
Disagree on polks and banfield though. Dont know why their mediocrity has been tolerated this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see quite a few guys like green overtaking mcgrath next year. Getting on a bit and doesnt have the same impact he once did

I don't agree at all. IMO, McGrath's absence from the team has been very noticeable since he went down at both end's of the ground and highlighted what a cog he is to our team.

I'm all for youth, but don't underestimate the importance of our 150+ game players. Ash will be very motivated considering he is 12 games off his 200th.

i think brown and black should retire at the end of the year

would hate to see them go on to long and its not like brisbane will be contenders any time soon

and all those posts bagging having "pick 8" on the bench it obviously depends on the type of player but if its a midfielder and has nothing wrong with them they would have to be straight in

I'm not so sure Polks and Banners will be certain starters next year, POBT. Yes, this year it has seemed that they are doing what is required of them by the coaches and staying in the side, but the same could've been said about Stiller and Sheldon in previous years, and they only really found themselves displaced in the senior side permanently at the start of a new season when they just weren't named for round one and never properly returned. I think it would be much more likely that they (Polkinghorne and Banfield) aren't in the senior side for round one next year than any time this year - a whole more re-assessing happens in the pre-season than the season proper.

Near certainties at this stage would be:

Defenders:
tall (3) - Maguire, Patfull
small (3) - Adcock, Golby

Forwards:
tall (3) - Brown
small (3) - Zorko, McGrath

Ruckmen (2) - Leuenberger

Mifielders (8) - Rich, Redden, Rockliff, Raines, Hanley

Position unknown - Merrett

and all those posts bagging having "pick 8" on the bench it obviously depends on the type of player but if its a midfielder and has nothing wrong with them they would have to be straight in

I think you missed the sarcasm in those posts borrat in a pointer to similar threads over the years where that has occurred.

Near certainties at this stage would be:

Defenders:
tall (3) - Maguire, Patfull
small (3) - Adcock, Golby

Forwards:
tall (3) - Brown
small (3) - Zorko, McGrath

Ruckmen (2) - Leuenberger

Mifielders (8) - Rich, Redden, Rockliff, Raines, Hanley

Position unknown - Merrett

If Staker's name was added that that list (as I would do) it would show that one third (5 of 15) of the near certainties were recruited or elevated in 2009...what a year.

i think brown and black should retire at the end of the year

would hate to see them go on to long and its not like brisbane will be contenders any time soon

Don't like this way of thinking. People seem to say play the youth non-stop, but if we've developed and played fantastic players like Black and Brown for years then why would we not continue to get as much as we can out of them while their bodies allow? Black is still an outstanding player and Brown is a great leader. Both will play next year and will play close to a full season if there are no injuries imo.

I just don't get people (not having a go at you necessarily Borrat) wanting to move on/drop older players to play unproven blokes who may not deserve it. The mindset baffles me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back