Mega Thread 2013 TRADE PERIOD discussion thread - Aidan Riley (Crows) added as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow that came out of nowhere.

Jetta on very shaky ground coming up to List Lodgement 2.
Shows how much the bored journos actually know when their not leaked generic information. They know as much (probably less) than we do most of the time

Seriously, such a Roos pick-up. Young inside midfielder not getting a game at his club.
Definitely. Hopefully it pays off (along with Michie)... I know it's his style but we have taken a decent risk picking up two young, injury-prone kids who really haven't played much midfield. If it pays off he will look like a genius, otherwise we will scratch our heads just like we have with Neeld's additions.

Mahoney said:
He will add depth to our midfield, which has been strengthened throughout the recent trade and now delisted free agency period. Aidan also has attributes which could see him playing at both ends of the ground

Interesting point here. He sounds versatile. Would be nice to have a pummelling machine up forward to help lay the pressure on opposition defensive players.

RILEY%20Aidan.png

We'll they seem pretty sore about losing him over on the Crows board so that's a good sign.

Sounds like a blue collar mid but injury has held him back.

Has a yard of pace as we'll by the sounds of it so that's a good trait to add to our midfield.

He was delisted by the crows though, so how can they be sore? :confused:

Because there's two other guys that should have gone before him.

Garry Lyon loves him, and he is HARD. Should thrive under Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a blue collar mid but injury has held him back.

Has a yard of pace as we'll by the sounds of it so that's a good trait to add to our midfield.
I wouldn't go as far as saying a blue collar mid, but he's a fighter who should be able to add to your inside midfield if given the chance.

Crows supporters overrate the living s**t out of most of their players, wouldnt read anything into that.

But if he is a hard at it type, yes, agree with RandB, would like to see him used in a Max Rooke type role for us up forward. Cant be any worse than Bail can he?

Definitely. Hopefully it pays off (along with Michie)... I know it's his style but we have taken a decent risk picking up two young, injury-prone kids who really haven't played much midfield. If it pays off he will look like a genius, otherwise we will scratch our heads just like we have with Neeld's additions.

Not much to lose with either pick though - it's not like we traded away Jordie Gysberts and downgraded picks as well. Plus they're young, so you wouldn't be too vexed if it took them more than three or four years to fire.

He's genuinely hard at the ball and at the man, it's easy to like him. I hope he's able to have success with Melbourne

Didn't see that coming!

Does he have good pace does anyone know? I don't think we can carry any more slow mids..

Neither did Brad Ottens at 0:55 of that highlights package!

Wish Pigdog all the best with you guys, hoping he can overcome the broken leg and establish himself in the 22. Not super quick but he's a wrecking ball.

Unfortunately was out of contract and broke his ankle in the second half of bathe year.......I've always been a massive fan of his. Week in week out I'd want him in the 22. Best work is underneath a ruckman, has great hands, as hard at the ball as anyone you'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back