Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Well you crows are desperate in getting a decent 2nd round pick.....

So what are the crows best 2 picks? 42 and 60? Its not too bad when you look at it.

I remember when Freo traded pick 61 to get Jono Griffin, crows did well to get Lyons. Rory Sloane was pick 44 in the 2008 draft. Freo got Walters for pick 53 in that same year too...

As a Crows fan I wouldnt be worried or disappointed if the crows dont get the 2nd round pick, theres bound to be a decent player or 2 taken after pick 40.

macca23

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Interesting to consider his value. He is contracted and so they must extract him which adds to his value - third rounder if uncontracted. Vince is also contracted - cant see both combined worth 20 alone.

What about Tapscott - I see he gets bagged on here but do we have any kind of objective assessment. Is he just another stalling in that basket case?

Lyons is a young contracted inside mid who is very good at clearances. Has shown plenty IMO in the 10 or so opportunities he's had at AFL level and again IMO should have played more games than he did.

No way he should be traded for anything less than a mid 2nd rounder given his promise and the fact that he is contracted and not surplus to requirements.

If its a 3rd rounder being offered - no way. I don't want us to do trades just for the sake of doing trades. When its for a contracted player it has to be for a bit above fair value or not at all. 2nd rounder or nothing IMO.

As for Vince, while it makes good sense to trade him this year given the free agency aspect at the end of next year. If he was at another club and we wanted him, that club would expect somewhere between pick 16 and 18 IMO, given that he was contracted. If other clubs expect that from us why wouldn't we expect the same when it's our player that's wanted by another club?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
As for Vince, while it makes good sense to trade him this year given the free agency aspect at the end of next year. If he was at another club and we wanted him, that club would expect somewhere between pick 16 and 18 IMO, given that he was contracted. If other clubs expect that from us why wouldn't we expect the same when it's our player that's wanted by another club?
Pick 17?

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Lyons is a young contracted inside mid who is very good at clearances. Has shown plenty IMO in the 10 or so opportunities he's had at AFL level and again IMO should have played more games than he did.

No way he should be traded for anything less than a mid 2nd rounder given his promise and the fact that he is contracted and not surplus to requirements.

If its a 3rd rounder being offered - no way. I don't want us to do trades just for the sake of doing trades. When its for a contracted player it has to be for a bit above fair value or not at all. 2nd rounder or nothing IMO.

I like your way of thinkng.

Also if you guys do get a 2nd rounder for Lyons then thats a win for the crows consdiering he was the pick 61 that you got for Jono Griffin.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Vander's radar is short, he lives in Canberra not Parkes (dish reference).
Totally off topic... did you realise that the events shown in The Dish (Australia receiving the first images of Neil Armstrong walking on the moon) actually occurred at Honeysuckle Creek just outside Canberra, not at Parkes?

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
The Age is reporting

That Gumbleton preferred club is Freo however has spoken to Adelaide and that Freo are currently working through his medical assessment

Additionally the article reports that both Brisbane and Melbourne are interested in Lyons

Draft Bored

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ricciardo, Red Sox
I've FINALLY caught up after flicking through 400 posts that say we have no chance at pick 2.

Apparently we're having a crack at pick 2 so instead of saying X doesn't get us pick 2, perhaps we should be considering what we are offering that does give us a shot a pick 2?

Scares me a little.

Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've FINALLY caught up after flicking through 400 posts that say we have no chance at pick 2.

Apparently we're having a crack at pick 2 so instead of saying X doesn't get us pick 2, perhaps we should be considering what we are offering that does give us a shot a pick 2?

Scares me a little.

Given that who is worth a straight swap of pick 2, across any club.
Just wondering what value people place on it.

I would say our 5 untouchables are worth more than pick 2

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Macca Pakka

Team Captain
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well, wasn't rookie listed. My bad as I was under the impression he was a rookie listed player.

However, he was over looked for the 2000 draft. "Disappointed at being overlooked in the 2000 draft Mitchell joined the Box Hill Hawks. After a couple of games in the Development squad he gained promotion to the seniors and completed the season as the teams number one rover"

He did have to go away and improve his disposal and kicking before getting upgraded to the seniors. .
After being overlooked in the 2000 draft and not being invited to attend the 2011 draft, Mitchell wrote to quite a number of AFL clubs, including Adelaide, asking to train with them over preseason. What could have been :(

Draft Bored

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ricciardo, Red Sox
I love the idea of getting pick #2... ignoring for now the fact that we have 0% chance of getting it.

Someone's going to get it so our percentage would be more like 5%.

Once you factor in that they want experienced midfielders, the depth of our midfield and the fact that they are interested in at least two of our contracted midfielders I'd say our percentage goes up.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Someone's going to get it so our percentage would be more like 5%.

Once you factor in that they want experienced midfielders, the depth of our midfield and the fact that they are interested in at least two of our contracted midfielders I'd say our percentage goes up.
Not to trawl over old ground, but a club giving up Pick 2 hasn't happened too often lately from memory. It finally does in a year where there are South Aussie A-listers around as well, plus we've got players prepared to move... and our hands are tied :mad: A player + our first rounder would have got it done comfortably.

Not to trawl over old ground, but a club giving up Pick 2 hasn't happened too often lately from memory. It finally does in a year where there are South Aussie A-listers around as well, plus we've got players prepared to move... and our hands are tied :mad: A player + our first rounder would have got it done comfortably.

If we were to get pick 2, would it be used on Aish?

Hmmm to think we could have a showdown of Aish V Ebert - Mouth watering.

Who would have thought those names would still be talked about back in the early 80s.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No

This has been pissing me off the last few days but for the sake of my sanity I try to block it out. Thanks Trigga

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
We let Griffin go cheaply, as he requested a trade on compassionate grounds to be closer to his ill father.

Ah ok I didnt know that... I knew along the lines he wanted to com back home. But fair enough.

And then the following year he wanted to be traded to Port

Port wanted to try and get him for free as well.:thumbsdown:

mulz

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
chelsea fc
normally id agree we have very little chance at getting pick 2 in any given trading period with a vince + Henderson type deal , but this year im not so sure, Melbourne are desperate for some decent players, I haven't seen such a basketcase of a club since Fitzroy.

imo I think the pick 2 will be traded, and it will be traded cheap this season. melbourne know they will be probably have a top 2 pick again next season.

rossi

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2007
bigCensor.com
AFL Club
Adelaide
normally id agree we have very little chance at getting pick 2 in any given trading period with a vince + Henderson type deal , but this year im not so sure, Melbourne are desperate for some decent players, I haven't seen such a basketcase of a club since Fitzroy.

imo I think the pick 2 will be traded, and it will be traded cheap this season. melbourne know they will be probably have a top 2 pick again next season.
It's counter intuitive to say that Melbourne want players for a quick improvement but then they expect to have a top 2 pick again next year.

I agree that they want to improve quickly but I doubt they're expecting to be bottom 2 if they make these trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back