Player Sponsorship 2013 Travis Varcoe Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah mate wasn't there wish I was, Mitch Duncan posted that to his Twitter during the day;)
ahhh i see

I haven't been on twitter much today, thought I had better behave at work considering i wandered in 4 hours late :D

I'm not going to lie as a footy nut who enjoys sitting up the top deck at the G and watching the play unfold and how the players move I could have sat watching and listening to the analysis break downs for hours.. I would love to share what we saw, but given the players were shown it as well and it does mention tactics I figure that its best I don't

Great write up Shaneo! Pretty much covered everything, all I've got to add are some of my own personal experiences.

Yes, the analysis meeting was awesome and I too could have enjoyed it for hours, and the areas they covered were extremely detailed in how they planned to beat the Tigers. Keeping that in mind, a public forum not ideal to discuss the tactics! Troy Selwood ran the meeting (with Steve Nicholls), his delivery and footy knowledge was impressive, it would not surprise me if he went into a coaching career when he retires from VFL.

After the meeting we saw 2 drills out on the ground designed to combat some of Richmond's weaknesses they had talked about in the meeting. Would love to go into more detail as it was so interesting to watch (but shouldn't). Can't wait to see the game on Saturday and see if they implement the things they were practicing. We watched them train from up in the new Premiership stand - very good viewing from up there (glad I have reserved seating there ;)!!)!

During the meet and greet session in the players warm up area Big Dawson was brought across to meet us. He is a mountain of a man. I'm 6ft, and he made me feel like a midget! He said he's feeling good and he'll be ready for VFL very soon. I started getting neck cramps so I moved on to Chappy! I asked him how he pulled up with the week off and how he felt after today's session. He said he felt good and was all right to go if he gets through Thursdays main training sesh. He posed for a pic with me and asked me a lot of questions about myself. Seemed a ripping bloke!! Joel Selwood then came over and told me Trav's rehab was on track and the cracking start to the season (5-0) will hopefully make him a great inclusion towards the business end.

Then had a quick chat to Mack about how fatherhood's going! Followed by a good catch up with Smithy (who I attended TAFE with many years ago). He is now completing his management degree and would like to stay in footy in an admin role when he retires.

All in all a fantastic experience. A great insight into the day to day operation of our first class footy club!

Hopefully the other lads can add more :cool::thumbsu:
Firstly the locker name wasn't a mixup, that was a bit of a surprise for you.

Yep, the tactics at the start was probably the highlight for me. I was amazed at how much info they were willing to say about the tiges and how they would counteract it. I feel compelled to keep schtum about it, but I will say watch out for the tigers wings being a bit active. Rahilly may not have been much chop as a player but he is quite adept at opposition analysis. I just wish the camera views that the coaches have are available to us as well, better than channel 7. The little cinema with HD screen they have was really quite nifty - I wonder if they hire it out for birthdays?

The actual training session itself was more of a light session, Thursday will be heavier. Plus it tended to be on the far side of the ground from us. It was structured to begin with but towards the end developed into a bit of a vague shot at goal thing, a bit like you get in under 9's. Good to see the boys enjoying themselves. The most notable thing is that Simpson was quite lively. Also Josh Hunt played door man and didn't take part in the session, so he will be still be a few weeks away before he is match fit.

Then there was the meet and greet with the player. Due to Travis being unavailable, on a personal note it ended in a less-than-great note, but really that shouldn't diminish from the terrific work that that the cat's staff put on.

Hopefully it made sense, have a habit of waffling :D

One other thing I meant to add is that I was surprised how lean the players were, I was expecting big monsters but they weren't that at all, also when we were in the locker room big Blitz ducked back in to grab something, said a very friendly 'g'day fellas' to me and my mate, also had no shirt on and christ there was not an ounce of fat on him, if i had a couple of sticks on me I could have played his abs like a xylophone... was very impressive..... prick... lol

Murda also mentioned to us that the 'academy boys' (guessing this is rookies and 1/2 year players) were in a loading phase, doing a lot of leg and core work aimed at increasing speed and explosiveness later in the year.
Awesome feedback mate and I'd gladly pay some cash to enjoy that.
I'm assuming the bolded bit means Dank has been employed.

Firstly the locker name wasn't a mixup, that was a bit of a surprise for you.

Yep, the tactics at the start was probably the highlight for me. I was amazed at how much info they were willing to say about the tiges and how they would counteract it. I feel compelled to keep schtum about it, but I will say watch out for the tigers wings being a bit active. Rahilly may not have been much chop as a player but he is quite adept at opposition analysis. I just wish the camera views that the coaches have are available to us as well, better than channel 7. The little cinema with HD screen they have was really quite nifty - I wonder if they hire it out for birthdays?

The actual training session itself was more of a light session, Thursday will be heavier. Plus it tended to be on the far side of the ground from us. It was structured to begin with but towards the end developed into a bit of a vague shot at goal thing, a bit like you get in under 9's. Good to see the boys enjoying themselves. The most notable thing is that Simpson was quite lively. Also Josh Hunt played door man and didn't take part in the session, so he will be still be a few weeks away before he is match fit.

Then there was the meet and greet with the player. Due to Travis being unavailable, on a personal note it ended in a less-than-great note, but really that shouldn't diminish from the terrific work that that the cat's staff put on.

well not sure why i got the surprise, but very very appreciative of it, thanks :):thumbsu:
which i had taken a bloody photo with it now!

Awesome feedback mate and I'd gladly pay some cash to enjoy that.
I'm assuming the bolded bit means Dank has been employed.

I did some research when I got back to work.... for a small fee of $1600 it could all be yours!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That looked effen awesome. A very special event to gain that kind of access. Very, very cool and im uber jealous that im stuck on the s**t side of the pond for such activities.

Glad to be a part of it at least in the viewing sense. Thanks for sharing. And looks like Stringer, Burbs and Daws are all mixing it up out there.

Great to see.

Go Catters

Loving the fact DS is nearly ready. Pretty much a forgotten option in most discussions. Hope and pray he is now done with back issues- he has an amazing long spine.

Red gem badge under your avatar to the person who gets the best photo of the big screen when the Varcoe/BigFooty slide is up when the Cats run out today!
well it wont be me but luv the idea!

Go Catters

Red gem badge under your avatar to the person who gets the best photo of the big screen when the Varcoe/BigFooty slide is up when the Cats run out today!
Top stuff but but I cant do it from here. Not for lack of trying but the blonde and blue eyed females are monopolizing my camera atm..
Enjoy. :thumbsu:

Top stuff but but I cant do it from here. Not for lack of trying but the blonde and blue eyed females are monopolizing my camera atm..
Enjoy. :thumbsu:

Pics or it aint true!!!

Go Catters

Top form that!

She's a stunner!

Go Catters
I'll be sure to let her know. These Swedish chicks need all the confidence boosters they can get. :rolleyes:

LOL

I'll be sure to let her know. These Swedish chicks need all the confidence boosters they can get. :rolleyes:

LOL
she got a sister?!?! LOL

Just dont tell my wife!!:confused:

only kidding..

Go Catters

she got a sister?!?! LOL

Just dont tell my wife!!:confused:

only kidding..

Go Catters
haha, she's got two sisters but both are pretty solidly involved with Swedish blokes already.
But if an opening appears you'll be the first know. ;):thumbsu:

Wish I'd seen this before the game on Saturday. Then again, my phone shat itself pretty early on, so I may not have had a chance anyway. Did anyone end up getting a shot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back