2013 V8 Supercars Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

How many times over the 3 Enduros did Crompton go through Briscoes entire career ?
It seemed to be everytime he mentioned him.
I thought Neil was a good commentator wen he was a motor racing nerd sidekick to Mike Raymond. But now, and since Tony COnckrane has stuck his fugly head in Australian motorsport, he's just a fricken cheerleader...Who was an immensely s**t driver.

Who was an immensely s**t driver.
Compared to ANDREW JONES he's *en Fangio o_O

Tiiiny bit harsh imo to call him " immenesly s**t "

What i will say is he never got near his ( early career ) rating of himself
I can remember being a young fella and thinking " * this guys got tickets on himself "...maybe his lack of success humbled him but i like him more now than i ever did during his Open-wheel / touring car days.

He put on some RIPPING drives in Aussie racers i will say

Loved that the cameraman zoomed in on the mirror. :rolleyes: A mirror would've fallen off at Surfer's paradise on about 50 times this weekend. Reminded me of the camera/editing work on hand when Bowe and Lowndes crashed at Phillip Island in 1996 I think. And also this.

It will be interesting to see which support categories will ask to run at the Gold Coast next year.

I was having a look at Neil's career. He competed in the ATCC/v8sc from 1988 to 2002, but only 6 of thos seasons were the full series. His best c'ship results were 10th in 94 and 95, in the Wayne Gardner Coke Commodores. I supposed he could say he beat Wayne in one of those years. His best race results was a 2nd outright at Waneroo in 93 (GIO Commodore) and in Canberra in 2000 (Ford Tickford Racing). The Canberra result was pretty piss weak, since reverse race results counted equally with "normal" heats, so he benefitted from that (Steve Johnson won it, so that's how much it rewarded mediocrity!). His most significant results though, were two 3rd places at Bathurst (which weren't part of the series) in 92 (Nissan GT-R with Anders Olofsson) and in 95 (with Gardner)

However, he did end up 3rd in the North American Touring Car C'ship, in the only time he participated in it. It was a weak series, but he did end up winning the most races that year and missed out on a couple of races because of funding. He didn't finish far behind the winner and it's fair to say that had he competed in the races he missed out on, even if he didn't win, he probably could've jagged the series. Even if it was a weak series, it would've been good for him to have gotten it. At the very least, just to say you did win it.

I reckon those NATCC race wins would accounted for more than half the wins he's had, in any level of car racing. Over here, his most significant win was the Bathurst 12 Hour, with Gregg Hansford. I remember watching that, he was supposed to do the last stint, but opted not to. I think he chickened out, the RX-7 was under some mild pressure from the Porsche in second. Even as a kid I remember thinking that was weak. But I did find out months ago, I never knew this, he also won the AGP Formula Holden/Brabham support race in 1990. It might not be a huge race, but a medium sized open-wheeler win at an AGP support is a nice one to get.

He might not have had full seasons with strong teams, but overall he was, at best, a bit below mediocre.

Yeah when they announce the 100 greatest drivers in Australian History , he won't get a run.
And beating Gardner ??...well , all you had to do was stay on the track :D

It was when he drove the GIO Commodore that i sort of thought " He's not a total hack ".

iirc , he was solid in the Formula Holden but was in a different stratosphere from this kid named Skaife....
I also remember thinking when he ran in the NATCC , " * didn't even know there WAS a NATCC :eek: "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good race but. Mostern entered save of the century, Whincups gonna be winning more cups after starting ten places behind his 3 rivals and finishing in front of everyone of them.

So do we know HOW Premat came to be out there on the grass ??
I have my suspicions....( IE , his usual hack effort )

As for Winterbottom....well done on ******* the championship for anyone other than Whincup u dickhead.
Plays hardball with Lowndes , then bitches out when Whincup tries to pass

so so typical

873861-c169b50c-5407-11e3-b7b4-89041ea3763d.jpg

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-s...t-phillip-island/story-fn2ms9um-1226766721767

So do we know HOW Premat came to be out there on the grass ??
I have my suspicions....( IE , his usual hack effort )

I think it was Premat all on his own
As for Winterbottom....well done on ******* the championship for anyone other than Whincup u dickhead.
Plays hardball with Lowndes , then bitches out when Whincup tries to pass

so so typical

Er.....no he didn't.He said he had no problem with Whingecups move.
Loved Frostys comment about the whinging Pom from Red Bullshit Racing "He should be at The Ashes not the races" :D

BTW NSWCROW it's spelt The Enforcer,not Teh Enforcer :p

Roland Dane is close to the biggest flog in Australian sport. Every time his cars are involved in something its like "How dare you do that, we are Red Bull Racing"

I think it was Premat all on his own
******* HACK :mad:
Has he not been s**t since he set foot in this country ????

Er.....no he didn't.He said he had no problem with Whingecups move.
Yeah i could tell that by the limp-wristed was he tried to fight
That's not how i meant it anyway.

I like Frosty but he's ****ed it for all of us now

Seem to be more cars than usual limping back to the pits with blown tyres and no damage to the body work that would indicate it was as a result of contact and not product failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back