2013 Western Bulldogs Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 22 - Jono Marsh
Height: 191cm, Weight: 89kg, DOB: 17/10/1995
Recruited from: East Fremantle
Real line ball pick between Marsh and Zac Jones. Went with Marsh as I know we're interested in him. The kid has super, super speed for his height and has played a HF role this year after being played as a midfielder in the past.
If we have pick 22 it's likely we've missed out on that established mid-sized forward and rebounder we're chasing. Pick 4 (Scharenberg) can play a rebounding role, Marsh will hopefully become the type that can play as a high forward, double back towards goal and beat his opponent with pace, or become part of the second midfield rotation.
Unique types tend to be a little higher risk/higher reward and I actually like that. Marsh has decent footskills and is relatively well developed already. In the real draft we'd be very happy to snare him here.

Mike__

Surprised that Hartung was still available..

Gold Coast - Billy Hartung pick 23

Picked as another midfielder to help bolster the centre line with Ablett. A small pacey player Hartungs quick on his feet and has a good tank for his small stature. Partnering with Billing, these 2 will improve potency delivering the ball inside the GC forward line

Dogs_r_barking

Pick 25, Patrick Cripps.

Pick 26 - James Sicily - North Melbourne

Tough pick. Pretty much everyone I like is gone :p.
Sicily is a nice player though. Had a good year for the Jets in the TAC Cup, kicking 20 odd goals as a mid/forward. Probably shown more as a forward, really, but i'm picking him as a mid. He's a great mark, and uses his body well in contests.

timtamWB

Pick 27 - Mitch Harvey - Collingwood

He's a KPF. Collingwood need KPF's. Plus he's the nephew of Pies recruiter Matt Rendell. He has good foot skills, and can read the play well. He is fairly agile and a good rover for his size, as well as being good on the lead and in contested marking situations. Can play in partner with Travis Cloke and hopefully give the Pies that 1-2 forward punch that they love and that has worked well for them previously. It will also help to free Ben Reid up to play as a backman that can pinch hit forward, rather than having to play forward out of necessity.

Dannnnnnnnnn

You're a bastard, timtamWB. :p

Pick 28 - Richmond - Alex Spina​
Alex-Spina.jpg
Height: 181cm​
Weight: 74 kg​
Alex is a high-production small forward who looks dangerous both around the ball and with it in his possession. For his age he possesses a rare ability to find space where there is none, and uses this to his advantage brilliantly. His agility is superb, often allowing him to get himself into a position where his very high-level skills are able to be used to perfection. He's not overly fast for his height, however, he makes up for it by being exceptionally difficult to tackle and pressure. In addition, he chases and tackles quite well, ensuring that he's not only an offensive weapon but a defensive one as well.​
Spina adds a developing small forward who can push into the midfield eventually. Long-term he'll replace a player like Jake King, but short term provides added depth that can come in and play a role.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 20- Carlton-Cameron Conlon
On talent and potential alone Conlon is top 10. This year has been riddled with injuries so he's gonna slip and this could be a reach looking back on this after draft day but I see him as a replacement for Waite up forward. Conlon is 199cm(I think) and has all the right traits to become a kpp in the future as I think he could be a swing man, forward, back and pinch hitting in the ruck. He's a good contested mark, set shot, quick off the mark and has footy smarts.
Can someone tag who is next as I am on my phone, thanks

Port Adelaide : Pick 30
Darcy Hourigan (SA – KPF/KPD)
Height: 190cm, Weight: 92kg, DOB: 18/09/1995
Recruited from: South Adelaide
e5yga7u6.jpg

Knightmare's Bio

Profile: Strong bodied key position player who most stands out with his ability on the lead. On the lead Hourigan has some power with the ability to push his man off easily and pace to create separation on the lead and understands leading patterns and where to lead to be dangerous making him a threat. Hourigan is also strong in the air reading it superbly. He also has some real strength to him and can win 1v1 contests and crash packs. Very capable down back also having spent time down back in previous years so he gives you options. Will need to work on endurance to find that next level to his play but that will come with time in the system.

GoDoggies Your Up

Sydney Swans - Pick 31

imageuploadedbytapatalk1353759351-141087-jpg.7555

Dayle Garlett
Height: 181cm, Weight: 77kg, DOB: 09/01/1994
Recruited from: Swan Districts Football Club

Yep I'll bite the bullet and recruit this guy. Rated top 10 on talent alone and has apparently matured a bit and wants to get out of WA. Him and Jetta on the wings would tear teams up and also bring huge excitement to games. Goodsey will be his mentor and maybe the "bloods" culture can get the best out of him.

100action

Sydney Swans - Pick 31

imageuploadedbytapatalk1353759351-141087-jpg.7555

Dayle Garlett
Height: 181cm, Weight: 77kg, DOB: 09/01/1994
Recruited from: Swan Districts Football Club

Yep I'll bite the bullet and recruit this guy. Rated top 10 on talent alone and has apparently matured a bit and wants to get out of WA. Him and Jetta on the wings would tear teams up and also bring huge excitement to games. Goodsey will be his mentor and maybe the "bloods" culture can get the best out of him.

100action

Made me Lol so much(the photo)

Port Adelaide : Pick 30
Darcy Hourigan (SA – KPF/KPD)
Height: 190cm, Weight: 92kg, DOB: 18/09/1995
Recruited from: South Adelaide
e5yga7u6.jpg

Knightmare's Bio

Profile: Strong bodied key position player who most stands out with his ability on the lead. On the lead Hourigan has some power with the ability to push his man off easily and pace to create separation on the lead and understands leading patterns and where to lead to be dangerous making him a threat. Hourigan is also strong in the air reading it superbly. He also has some real strength to him and can win 1v1 contests and crash packs. Very capable down back also having spent time down back in previous years so he gives you options. Will need to work on endurance to find that next level to his play but that will come with time in the system.

GoDoggies Your Up
I hope we get himm

Pick 33 - Fremantle - Zak Jones
181cm, 74kg (Dandenong Stingrays, VIC)
Position: Half back/Inside mid
Plays like: Brandon Ellis

Underrated player and one of the very few players around this mark I'm confident will make it. I expect him to go earlier then this.

Zak really made a name for himself at this year's champs playing across half back where he was awarded the MVP award for Vic Country and was All Australian. Very much a team player. He's very accountable across half back but also comes across to help out his team mates to make a spoil or take an intercepting mark. Whilst only listed at 181cm he can plays much taller then that as he is very, very good in the air for someone his size. He also has good closing speed and agility so he should match up well on the small quick forwards or medium forwards. His rebound work is also quite good. His skills I rate as good, decision making very good and runs and carry's the football reasonably well. He can also play as an inside mid where he has shown some potential. He's tough in the clinches and his clearance work is also good. I don't ever see him being a starting midfielder, but will still be a very good team orientated half back that can switch in the midfield if required.

Pick 35 GWS:
Rory Lobb (ruckman)
Profile: Lobb is a young ruckman from a basketball background on the improve and has improved not only as a ruck technician but also in other aspects of his game. He has elite endurance for a ruckman and also has the ability to take some contested marks and use the ball well by but hand and foot and seems to have more time than most others at his height so there are some positive traits to work with at his height but he will need a few years in the system to develop his body and get his game up to an AFL standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back