Pick 74- St Kilda- Alex Pearce

Knightmare says:

Alex Pearce (TAS – KPP)
Height: 197cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 09/06/1995
Recruited from: Devonport
Style: Justin Westhoff (less skilled)
Player comparison:
Range: 30-rookie
Profile: Pearce is a versatile, athletic tall who has shown some development this season. He has the range to play forward, back or midfield. Pearce is a high motor guy and really covers the ground well for a guy at his size. He will need to put more size onto his frame and improve his skills to take that next step.

Chris says:

He has enough AFL attributes to warrant selection, despite never truly dominating performances in game. He is definitely a project and a long one at that, only last year was playing in the U16s as an overaged player. But he reminds me of Marco Paparone, who ended up as a second round selection last season, and Justin Westhoff who is having a great season as a utility. Despite being 197cm, he isn't a true KPP. He is more an oversized flanker, capable of playing in pretty much any position - midfield, wing and at either end of the ground. He'll take a good few years before his body is ready to play as a genuine tall, but until then you'd draft him purely on the back of his height and athleticism.

Mofra

Pick #74 (it's ours!) - Bulldogs - Daniel McStay

193cm, 84kgs

Talent tall who can play at either end.

Knightmare description:

Daniel McStay (VIC – KPP)
Height: 193cm, Weight: 86kg, DOB: 24/06/1995
Recruited from: Eastern Ranges
Style: Jarrad Waite
Player comparison:
Range: 20-60
Profile: McStay is a tall who still seems to be growing into his body having grown significantly in recent seasons. Still a project player and still not a particularly physical or aggressive player by key position standards and is still developing that strength and ability 1v1 but in saying all this he has some real talent. McStay stands out with his versatility and small man skill set at his height. McStay is an excellent athlete and has some real linebreaking ability for a tall and isn’t afraid to take on the game. He’s also got a real leap on him which allows him to fly for some strong contested marks. He’s also an excellent kick at his height and hits his targets around the field and can convert from his set shot opportunities up forward. It’s unclear which end he settles into but given his strong improvement in recent seasons there is potential for him to continue his strong development at either end.

Chris:
36. Melbourne - Daniel McStay (194cm, 88kg defender - Eastern Ranges)

I've been talking up Daniel McStay for some time now, and he'd be one of my favourite KPPs in the draft - I'm still not entirely sure where he goes, particularly whether others rate him as highly as I do. But he did receive a Draft Combine invite, so that's a good sign to suggest I'm not completely wrong about him. His development as a player has been quite good to watch over the last couple of seasons, with a growth spurt taking him from tall midfielder to genuine key position player. That time spent in the midfield has certainly helped his running game, which is always nice in a tall. He has spent time up forward, and has done reasonably well with his strong marking. But, he is definitely a more natural defender. He reads the play quite well, rebounds nicely and has clean skills. Unfortunately he didn't get a lot of game time in the U18 Championships, and still does need to develop the physical side of his game. But what I like is that he has an air of confidence about him, and always seems to back himself in against his opponent. Always a good sign in a young tall, and should be able to back that up with performances once he gets stronger.

Mike__

One question: are people passing to make it realistic or they don't know who to pick?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

One question: are people passing to make it realistic or they don't know who to pick?

It's a bit of a combination of both of them.

cross#4

Pick 79? - Michael Apeness - North Melbourne

Not having the deepest of ruck stocks, with Goldstein, Mabon and Daw the only ones around (off the top of my head), North can have Apeness.
Big, tough ruckman. May lack a bit of athleticism, but overall, seems a decent enough prospect to use a late pick on.

_M_16_

Pick 80 - Essendon

Alex Spencer (VIC – KPD)
Height: 193cm, Weight: 83kg, DOB: 19/04/1995
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons
Range: 30-rookie

(From Knightmare)
Profile: Spencer is an athletic key defender with some versatility to his game. Behind the play he reads the ball well and has a natural feel for when he can go and take an intercept mark. He also has the ability to play either a shutdown or rebounding role as required. He also isn’t afraid to take the game on with his run and carry or use it by foot as one of the better kicks at his size. He just needs to start dominating his matchups and become a more dominant 1v1 player and improve his work rate.

Could be a player to develop and work with, for the post Fletcher area.

Didn't get the notification for this, sorry.

Pick 82 - Richmond - Pass
Richmond's list doesn't need a huge influx of random young players - especially late in a shallow draft. I think I've successfully built their midfield depth as well as given a few more options around goal which puts them in good stead for the future.

Texdog is up next.

Pick 83- Carlton- Jake Kolo(however you spell it :p)
Most underrated player in this draft IMO
Don't know who's next

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 84 (Rookie Elevation) Kane Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back