2013 Western Bulldogs Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Going through my previous mock draft attempts after this years attempt.

Pick 3 - Josh Kelly (classic St Kilda passing on Bontempelli) - 118* games (went #2)
Pick 21 - Trent Dumont - 82* games (went #30)
Pick 37 - Cameron Giles - 0 games (went #39)
Pick 55 - Dwayne Wilson - 0 games (undrafted)
Pick 74 - Alex Pearce - 53* games (went #37)

Better attempt this time around. At least there is still a couple of them on AFL lists. Imagine passing on the Bont though.

Melbourne Pick 2 - James Aish

Easily the best midfielder in this years draft and a class above most midfielders of last couple of years except Martin and O'Meara. It's hard to pick a fault really, exquisite skills on both sides of the body, excellent vision and awareness, fasntastic decision maker, good pace and endurance, wins it on inside and outside, and has already been playing senior footy with the big boys for a couple of years. I suppose only downside is his lightish build, but a few preseasons will fix that and no doubt he will become one of the stars of competition over next 10 years.

Snarling Bulldog

this write-up makes me chuckle.

We passed on Fyfe and Franklin among others. In fact Fyfe went second round IIRC so pretty much everybody passed on him.

Any given instance can be embarrassing but every club has them. The real test is your hit rate with about 25 picks over 5 years.

The experts can't get it right, so there's certainly no shame in posters having a crack and seeing the results a few years down the track.

e.g. everyone expected Aish to be a star.

Nice work from Super Hans here, got Matt Crouch at #7, Patrick Cripps at #25, then finished off with Honeychurch at #41.

Super Hans = Dalrymple's burner?

Hate to do this to ya Dannnn but these comments made me chuckle;
what u reckon bout bontempelli? like the sound of him.
Think he's quite overrated, personally. Really needs to play a big game well, which he hasn't done so far. Would be surprised if he goes top ten.
Will be staggered if Lennon drops to 9 come draft time, would be an absolute steal there. Personally hope we take him over Scharenberg at 4, should we keep that pick.

Nice work from Super Hans here, got Matt Crouch at #7, Patrick Cripps at #25, then finished off with Honeychurch at #41.

Super Hans = Dalrymple's burner?

Hate to do this to ya Dannnn but these comments made me chuckle;
I was a masssssive Bonti fan and was so happy when we drafted him.

Port Adelaide: Pick 48
Ben Cavarra (VIC – Mid)
Height: 173cm, Weight: 69kg, DOB: 20/12/1995
Recruited from: Eastern Ranges
Ben-Cavarra.jpg

Profile: One of the best performed midfielders in this draft and has been dominant for some time now. Cavarra is one of the elite runners in the TAC and he never seems to run out of energy as one of those little energiser bunnies who seems to be at it all game long just running and running. Cavarra wins a combination of inside and outside ball and is an on field general barking out instructions and leading his team through his actions and words which is impressive for a young draft prospect.

GoDoggies Your Up!
Ayyy Cav!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back