Sport 2014 betting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking Carlton +45.5 for $133.10 @ $1.10 against Richmond tonight. Was going to leave this game alone but the Tigers loosing Rance and with the rain coming i doubt if the Blues could loose by 46 points or more.

Starting Bank $100.00
Current Bank $133.10

Tonight i'm taking Essendon +54.5 points for $146.41 @ $1.10

Hawks have owned the Bombers in the last few years and dished out a few decent hidings but i think this will be a lot closer. For starters this meeting is early in the season when the Bombers are at their best, last time they met Watson and Fletcher were both out and the Hawks are missing Lake, Franklin and Sewell to name a few.

Hawks seemed a little scrappy last week against the Lions and the height of Brown was a worry for them, they have Daniher and Carlisle to contend with tonight and seeing they lack tall defenders they could be a worry, i'm also pretty sure Sam Mitchel will be a late withdrawal.

Even though i think the Hawks will win i just don't see them winning by more than 9 Goals.

Starting Bank $100.00
Current Bank $146.41

Taking Fremantle against Gold Coast to win head to head for $161.05 @ $1.09

Just can’t see Gold Coast beating Freo at home. Normally I take $1.10 but the way betting exchanges had it set up, you had to take Freo to win by at least 8 points to get the $1.10, i think they will cover the 8 points but it is safer to drop 1c and take the $1.09 head to head.

Starting Bank $100.00
Current Bank $161.05

Think Ricmond should be able to win straight up but will take them +22.5 for $175.55 @ $1.10.

Starting Bank $100.00

Current Bank $175.55

good luck carl, hope Richmond come back for you. I actually took the +18 last night but forgot to post it in here so I'm nervous but much prefer to be leading at the half than otherwise.
Been in this situation so often in the past when betting that I wouldn't be surprised to see Richmond come out and boot 10 goals to 1 in the 3rd quarter.

Updated record 6-0-6

Trying to stay away from betting my own team but like them tonight and reckon they quite easily cover the line of 10.5 points. Waiting on the Dogs Richmond game so I can hopefully put $100 on my boys.

good luck carl, hope Richmond come back for you. I actually took the +18 last night but forgot to post it in here so I'm nervous but much prefer to be leading at the half than otherwise.
Been in this situation so often in the past when betting that I wouldn't be surprised to see Richmond come out and boot 10 goals to 1 in the 3rd quarter.

Updated record 6-0-6

Trying to stay away from betting my own team but like them tonight and reckon they quite easily cover the line of 10.5 points. Waiting on the Dogs Richmond game so I can hopefully put $100 on my boys.
You need to update how many dollars you are down Bobby.
But I do also like the number of bets for wins/losses.

With regards to backing geelong tonight.

If we don't beat the Pies by 11 I don't think we are good enough for top 4.
And I reckon we are a top 4 team.

Think we'll win by about 7 goals.

Tonight we find out if I over estimate the cats.
Only really missing Motlop, Christensen, and probably Enright.

I just don't punt on footy anymore.
No real reason. I've never lost a stack or something that turned me off.

But I just don't watch enough footy anymore. Same goes for horse racing. Don't follow it, can't bet on it.

I would have thought that whoever leads the North / Port game mid way through the 2nd will run away with it.
My gut feel is that both are downhill skiers, but it's too early in the year to tell really.

I wouldn't be surprised if they finished right next to each other on the ladder at the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated record 6-0-6

Thanks Bobby, looked a little shaky for a while but it ended up being a good result for both of us..

ha ha. Bloody hell Bobby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back