2014 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Halved 3 times.

Ie 3 into 1.50. 1.50 into 1.25. 1.25 into 112.5 (thats with him at 3 dollars which he wasnt)

The Kennedy Top 5 payout is confusing me...

I had $241.33 (dont ask) on JPK Top 5 @1.88

I was paid out $226.85. I lost out $14 odd dollars for a winning bet?

He finished 4th, with 3 other players, making 4 players to fill the last two spots of the top 5. As a result the odds are halved (only once KA). You got odds of $0.94 or 1.88/2.

Halved 3 times.

Ie 3 into 1.50. 1.50 into 1.25. 1.25 into 112.5 (thats with him at 3 dollars which he wasnt)

Dude I have no idea where you keep getting this idea from. It's not halved 3 times, it's divided by 3

But either way seeing as he finished =4th with 2 others it will be a 66% payout

Edit: If it was 3 other players then it's a 50% payout

I had Heppell, N.Jones, Harvey, Cotchin, Rockliff, Stevie J (without Selwood) as locks for 2.81 at TAB but I'm having serious doubts now after reading here.

Does TAB let you do 9 leg multis?

Absolutely spewing because I had these as locks and wanted to multi these into every combination of Beams/Pendles, Murphy/Gibbs, Barlow/Mundy

Talked myself out of those locks and the bets and now I see they would have won plus Beams/Pendles tied and Murphy/Gibbs tied so there were 4 winning combinations.

Really gotta follow my gut next time

Dude I have no idea where you keep getting this idea from. It's not halved 3 times, it's divided by 3

But either way seeing as he finished =4th with 2 others it will be a 66% payout

Edit: If it was 3 other players then it's a 50% payout
Not sure why I had that in my head. Swear that happened to my multi 3 years ago. Maybe different?

He finished 4th, with 3 other players, making 4 players to fill the last two spots of the top 5. As a result the odds are halved (only once KA). You got odds of $0.94 or 1.88/2.

I'm struggling to get my head around this haha...

The bet won, but I still lose out. I figured the odds would always stay above 1.00 for a winning bet...

I'm struggling to get my head around this haha...

The bet won, but I still lose out. I figured the odds would always stay above 1.00 for a winning bet...

Well it didn't win it was a dead heat, if there's a seven horse race and they all cross the line first at the same time would you really expect the bookie to pay out all 7 in full? They would lose a fortune.

ok,serious thoughts from any of you guys who DIDNT give Stevie-J 3 votes in rnd 4...lol...
lol.....cool.....rnd 4 Stevie-j 3 votes.....geez I wish they would put that market up!!!!!!!! the people who have watched the gme and the REPLAY would make a killing with that market......after doing very well the last 5 years by WATCHING every game and REPLAY where I have doubts because of other peoples votes I will never do another brownlow count again if stevie j gets votes in front of Selwood here....Stevie-j's 37 possesions the worst game of his career I reckon,like watching an under 12's player......Selwood and Guthrie share the 3-2/2-3 in this game no doubt about it!!!!!
yeah mate...obviously you the man.....the same man who gives Stevie-J 3 votes in rnd 4...lmfao....I think i'll give your opinion a miss,thanks anyway
Hey there.

Well it didn't win it was a dead heat, if there's a seven horse race and they all cross the line first at the same time would you really expect the bookie to pay out all 7 in full? They would lose a fortune.

I guess if you put it that way... Makes a lot of sense...!

I don't really see much value in that market moving forward with odds below $2 then.

For anyone interested, for the first time I pretty well just followed all the Brownlow Genius tips that were sent through which meant outlay of around 48 units ($960 in my case) and got back about 67 units ($1333). Not a bad result given they missed on winner, quinella and quite a few losers involving Dom Tyson.

For anyone interested, for the first time I pretty well just followed all the Brownlow Genius tips that were sent through which meant outlay of around 48 units ($960 in my case) and got back about 67 units ($1333). Not a bad result given they missed on winner, quinella and quite a few losers involving Dom Tyson.
Can you please provide their plays?

Hey there Brownlow genius

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the case, my past posts will probably prove that. Just thought there would be people interested.
Just interesting that they didnt pick the winner, quinella or 2nd and had quite a few other losers? But still won ok. Still not massivily though. Plus what it takes to buy there ahit really aint worth it

Just interesting that they didnt pick the winner, quinella or 2nd and had quite a few other losers? But still won ok. Still not massivily though. Plus what it takes to buy there ahit really aint worth it

Yeah obviously angled at people who are willing to risk more and not worried about the outlay for the service. Head to heads was where they made a lot of the profits, out of the $960ish I spent only about $60 was on the winner and quinella, money was very spread out. It's not for the impatient/time poor with how many bets you need to put on.

I think its safe to say the big dollars being made in the brownlow are gone. The laat 2 years wouldve bee a success for the bookies. Even the renowned brownlow king has lost last 2 years based on what hes told us before the count

Odd results pop in any sport where there is money these days. The more betting money the more they pop up. Not limited to racing like the old days.

george-in-a-tin-foil-hat.jpg

I think its safe to say the big dollars being made in the brownlow are gone. The laat 2 years wouldve bee a success for the bookies. Even the renowned brownlow king has lost last 2 years based on what hes told us before the count
I wholeheartedly disagree. People just get way too caught up in media hype.

I wholeheartedly disagree. People just get way too caught up in media hype.

Likewise, I only made a small profit, but if I was a bit smarter on staking etc would have been a big night. Boak over Gray, Gray under 16.5, Lewis under 15.5, Bontempelli rookies group all very decent odds that were gettable, unfortunately gave it all back in other plays. But it's still there if you hit the right option, as it is with everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back