List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you rate, who may fall outside the first round? (other then Blakely)
Marchbank is the one I want to fall, but can't see it happening. Same with Blakely.

Menadue and McDonald would be alright if those two are gone. But as I said, don't know much about Webb.

I would be stoked if we got Mackenzie (tall version) and McDonald at our first two picks. Would strength our kpp stocks a lot. Then go for pacey mids for the rest of our picks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really just want Menadue or Garlett at our first, we get one of those two with extreme pace and then I'm happy with whoever for the rest of our picks tbh.

Oh look, it said he may have to tidy up his kicking action :p

interesting with the comparison to Morris

I wouldn't be upset if we got him but he might be a bit of surplus to our needs, I'm hoping Norf, GWS or St kilda take him earlier so that we can get a slider/more chance of a pacey outside mid. I rate him around 20 - 28 so a team like GWS might snare him.

EVW does seem very much like a dalrymple pick. High character, tough, versatile guy.

Do you think we could accommodate all these talls:

Wood Roberts Talia
JJ McDonald EVW

I'm hoping Talia improves his disposal to the point where we can use him as more of an attaching defender, with potentially McDonald and Roberts holding the key posts. With this line up I have roughead up forward.

Wood Roberts Talia
JJ McDonald EVW

I'm hoping Talia improves his disposal to the point where we can use him as more of an attaching defender, with potentially McDonald and Roberts holding the key posts. With this line up I have roughead up forward.
I think we would be more likely to use him as a tall semi-run with mid. Someone to match up on the Macrae/Bontempelli/Stringer types.

Oh wait they all play for us...

I really want Menadue & D McKenzie at 26 & 27. Keitel, Gore (Neil Bullen if he's there) & Cunico/Drummond/DVR later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wood Roberts Talia
JJ McDonald EVW

Is the JJ your referring to Jason Johannisen? If so, the guy is only 180cm so not a tall in any sense of the word.

Wood Roberts Talia
JJ McDonald EVW

I've never seen vickers-Willis or Mcdonald play sorry man.

Obviously I'm not saying that he is one of the talls. Just asking if we can fit McDonald, talia Roberts EVW and roughead in the same starting 22.
The question is having options for position pressure, injuries and ability. Fitting them in isn't the issue. Not having available options to replace the incumbents is.

The question is having options for position pressure, injuries and ability. Fitting them in isn't the issue. Not having available options to replace the incumbents is.

Yes it's great to have options. But the question for that is do we want to use pick 26, 27 so we have more options to rotate in the starting 22 depending on injuries/match ups.. Or should we select a player who will be known as a key component of the side every week.

Yes it's great to have options. But the question for that is do we want to use pick 26, 27 so we have more options to rotate in the starting 22 depending on injuries/match ups.. Or should we select a player who will be known as a key component of the side every week.
don't think we would get that sort of guarantee of a player that is outside the first round

even draft or not, could be a while before we see most of the draftees this year play any senior games

don't think we would get that sort of guarantee of a player that is outside the first round

even draft or not, could be a while before we see most of the draftees this year play any senior games[/QUOTE

Yep. Well I think it does make sense to load up on defense. When you look at our recent draft selections there hasn't been much focused on bringing talent to the back half of the field.

even draft or not, could be a while before we see most of the draftees this year play any senior games

Lions got a lot of their 2013 draftees a huge number of games in 2014. Taylor, McStay, Gairdney and Cutler all inside the 20's. I agree its unlikely but in a stronger draft it could hopefully happen for us too.

i think it is one too many talls. So we get only one of McDonald or EVW, unless we don't rate Roberts to come on.
McDonald & Roberts are the only genuine talls in that back six (Talia is slightly shorter with short arms for his height).

Posted in wrong thread before but can some of you folks in the know tell me your thoughts on Cavka polease?
We'd have to take him with 26. Qnd even then he may not make it past Essendon's pick in the 20s.

He's a hard running, fairly explosive outside mid. A bit slight and needs to work on his decision making and inside game. Could be a very good footballer when all is said and done. Well at least I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back