List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised you didn't use the word "spud". Isn't that the favoured word used by people who have never played AFL or even VFL football in their lives?
Not sure and you don't know who I am so I guess that means I could have played at either level

Not that keen on EVW but happy to back our recruiters in, but if we get him we really need to target a skilled and fast type at 27. Menadue + EVW would be great.

Fogarty wouldn't even be in footscrays best ten players so he is no chance , jong right at this moment at afl level would still be a dud
Fogarty wouldn't even be in footscrays best ten players so he is no chance , jong right at this moment at afl level would still be a dud

The disrespect Jong gets from a few on this board is staggering. I get it you don't think he is not up to it , but
you label him a dud right now ?

Am actually thinking we pass on McDonald. Bev did say he likes good ball movement out of the back half. So, McD doesn't fit that. He might be a great 1v1 defender but disposal isn't clean.

What does McDonald have over Kietel?
Right now, a better defender and a bit of height

EVW seems a real classy kid but playing style wise is he that great a fit for us?
You mean his current defensive game style? If he players in the backline, I guess it depends who we put around him
his game style could also change through coaching

he definitely looks solidly built & with his good endurance you would expect he would play some games next year

I am curious if we'll be looking at any players that are outside of Victoria this draft; not long to go now

In loosing Griff, Coons, Higgins ... we've taken a big hit in the polish and outside run department. Only the highlight reel, but this bloke provides outside carry, can kick, loves a goal and is very evasive. Worth at look at 26, 27 or 39? The claim is he'll be gone T30.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-21/matureage-draft-bolter
How much have you seen of him Bazza? I watched him on a number of occasions in 2013 and was really keen to rookie him or at least encourage him to move down for the VFL side.

Geez that WA mature ager seems alright. A couple of mature agers always get talked up close to the draft, don't think he will go top 30. Would hold out and try and get him with one of our 3rd rounders, a little bit older and in a position of need, would be handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only what's on the reel. The fact you have, is encouraging. He looks like he is exactly what we need. Next Isaac Smith perhaps?
I don't think BB is the type of player to ever bulk up more than his current shape (like a Ryan Hargrave - tone, but not extensive muscle gain). With Tutt gone he's got traits that we need on the list (the good traits i mean). Smith is a bit more compact in his shape than BB, but BB would be quicker.

Inside the top 30 would be a massive rise for someone who last year didn't get drafted at all. I'd be surprised if he went inside that range, although i did miss his 2014 season.

Only what's on the reel. The fact you have, is encouraging. He looks like he is exactly what we need. Next Isaac Smith perhaps?
How about Jermaine Miller-Lewis? Should cost a lot less then a 2nd round pick, perhaps even a rookie option

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-machine

spent the championships out injured for WA

Bailey Dale also has some eye catching highlights

I admit, I've sat through them all...:drunk:

I'm wary of the outside mids from the sa and wa state leagues. So much space in those games. The guys can look quicker and more skilled than they are IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, but the basic fact is you have to pick them up from somewhere.
I was a Toumpas fan his highlights were fantastic dodged a bullet there.

What we need to remember when assessing the Fogarty rumour is just where he's going to be taken. It's likely a third rookie pick - pick #41. Given the picks likely to be used in the main draft, that means our third rookie will be the player tipped to be approximately the 121st best player in the draft. That's obscene and most players at this range have limited upside. Saying there are better options than him is a bit obscene unless you have a draft board going that far down.

Anyone think dan Connors gets another crack?? Man that guy is smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every time I saw him play this year (admittedly only about four times) I was thinking, "Surely somebody has to give him another go." So talented.

Also upon further thinking if we do go EVW and we think he's got a chance as a mid, we should be hitting up a skilful or running type for the back half with one of our other picks inside 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back