List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon R Mack is definitely off to Carlton at 28 if he is still available and we don't take him.

If you're flying Virgin, you may be in luck...

I was flying home from Sydney 2 years back and caught the draft live on Fox Footy...

er - not quite. Akita to Tokyo with Japan Airlines. Not convinced the AFL draft has caught on here...... :p

I woke up this morning to what is 'supposed' to be a bit of inside info coming out of the club re our plans for today. I can't say that it's factual, and it's nothing really groundbreaking, but if anyone wants it PM me. I'll do the person who supplied it a favour and not post it all over the internet.

Clem Smith has a penetrating kick, its just very erratic
My concerns would be more about his endurance
Do his combine results seem odd to anyone? Surely if he was that unfit it would have impacted his football & 12 months ago he was being spoken of as a top 10 pick.

Or am I just being too suspicious....?

Do his combine results seem odd to anyone? Surely if he was that unfit it would have impacted his football & 12 months ago he was being spoken of as a top 10 pick.

Or am I just being too suspicious....?
I don't know if it seems odd to anyone, but in the weird questions video
he said he was asked why he was fat for
will be interesting to see where he goes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if it seems odd to anyone, but in the weird questions video
he said he was asked why he was fat for
will be interesting to see where he goes

I think it was Pickett that said in his video he couldn't live without his family and friends. Interesting if GWS take him at 4 as anticipated.....

Yeah but I don't think too many fancy him as a line-breaking midfielder.

Baring that in mind though, I'm surprised he's not rated higher; he's got the speed & athleticism that McCartin doesn't have, and he's no less versatile. Again, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we picked him up at 26/27; I just think we should be taking explosive, high-product players like Menadue, Wigg, Lamb, Boekhorst etc ahead of him.
The problem with Reece is twofold: 1) he doesn't have runs on the board apart from beating up on smaller/weaker opponents; and 2) he doesn't show his athleticism on the football field. I liken him a bit to an alternative sport talent: he has the physical tools but you need to teach him how to use them on the football field, which isn't always easy. I've ebbed and flowed on where he sits but I think it's outside the top 30 now; he just hasn't shown enough on the field. Somebody who thinks they can get him utilising his athleticism on the field will take a punt though - and I agree he could be very, very, very good.

Do they V02 (or whatever it's called) test draftees?
Yes they do. Hunter still holds the U18 year record I believe.

The problem with Reece is twofold: 1) he doesn't have runs on the board apart from beating up on smaller/weaker opponents; and 2) he doesn't show his athleticism on the football field. I liken him a bit to an alternative sport talent: he has the physical tools but you need to teach him how to use them on the football field, which isn't always easy. I've ebbed and flowed on where he sits but I think it's outside the top 30 now; he just hasn't shown enough on the field. Somebody who thinks they can get him utilising his athleticism on the field will take a punt though - and I agree he could be very, very, very good.
I haven't watched the TAC Cup this year, but if his Youtube Video is anything to go by, it doesn't look like he's just monstering the ankle-biters; there's a good balance of marks on the lead, pack marks, & 1v1 contested grabs.

Spencer White went at pick 25! You'd think McKenzie's shown more to warrant selection than that lug.

I haven't watched the TAC Cup this year, but if his Youtube Video is anything to go by, it doesn't look like he's just monstering the ankle-biters; there's a good balance of marks on the lead, pack marks, & 1v1 contested grabs.

Spencer White went at pick 25! You'd think McKenzie's shown more to warrant selection than that lug.
Point taken re: White, it's a similar situation (although I thought 25 was too early). It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

Are Smiths disposal issues technical or just more composure/decision making? Other than that I love what he brings and we'd absolutely love watching him play, maybe he could settle as a defensive forward where his limitations aren't as exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back