2014 Draftees versus 2015 Draftees

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps is better than any mid on your list...

giphy.gif

Curnow over Duggan. Peak objectivity levels from gillo :rolleyes:
The Carlton haters can talk...

Why can't anyone rate Curnow's talent and ceiling higher than Duggan's?

Curnow didn't slide as far as Tom Lamb who has talent, elite endurance, similar frame and more off field problems.

Peak objectivity from the confident Saints fans who overrate their list. Freeman gets a tick compared to Plowman or Sumner who are former top ten picks who have struggled with injuries.

Or the others who discount Boekhorst v Fiorini or other similar players because he's past it at the ripe old age of 22. Didn't do a lot wrong last year compared to other "highly rated" first year players who have similar games, but didn't smash it like Rioli and show they have superior awareness, footskllls, speed and ability to find the pill.

The Carlton haters can talk...

Why can't anyone rate Curnow's talent and ceiling higher than Duggan's?

Curnow didn't slide as far as Tom Lamb who has talent, elite endurance, similar frame and more off field problems.

Peak objectivity from the confident Saints fans who overrate their list. Freeman gets a tick compared to Plowman or Sumner who are former top ten picks who have struggled with injuries.

Or the others who discount Boekhorst v Fiorini or other similar players because he's past it at the ripe old age of 22. Didn't do a lot wrong last year compared to other "highly rated" first year players who have similar games, but didn't smash it like Rioli and show they have superior awareness, footskllls, speed and ability to find the pill.

Right, I remember the time Tom Lamb spent a night at the police station and refused a breath test?

It's hard to think that anyone could've watched Duggan play this year and think a guy who couldn't hold it together long enough to not break the law in the week before the draft is a better prospect.

All the talk of the weak draft but have a look at that list. We won't know until end of 2016 obviously but when we compare in 5-10 years it won't be the worst.

You obviously haven't seen or heard of Cripps

Contested ball freak, that's about it IMO.

You don't watch enough games then. Tackles, Takes marks and kicks goals, He broke his leg in his first year but had very good second season.

Cripps took an average of 3 marks per game and kicked 6 goals 13 for the year...

of course you overrate him Gillo.

His a midfielder. Lets wait to see how he performs next season. He got runner up in Rising star for a reason, obviously he can play

No one said he couldn't play. They were just pointing out you made claims about his marking and goal kicking prowess and your claims were proved to have no substance.

Cripps is better than any mid on your list...
Cripps gets a lot of the ball and is a very promising prospect, but he was ranked 2nd worse disposal efficiency of all the AFL mids. Needs to hit targets to warrant the talk we hear coming out of Carlton. Clint Jones could get the ball as much as Cripps, but his disposal let him down too.

Cripps gets a lot of the ball and is a very promising prospect, but he was ranked 2nd worse disposal efficiency of all the AFL mids. Needs to hit targets to warrant the talk we hear coming out of Carlton. Clint Jones could get the ball as much as Cripps, but his disposal let him down too.

We will have this conversation at end of year to see if he does get better or see if disposal is off. He did get runner up in Rising Star and in a number of games I went to he really did stand out and had very good games. It was always between him and Hogan for Rising Star award and both did play well for their clubs. Like all players he has areas of improvement

Because Curnow hasn't even played an AFL game, unlike Duggan.

Not rocket science.

It's about long term. I expect Charlie to play as early as R1 as he has had a good pre-season. Unless sanctions hold him back which they might I can see him debuting early along with Weitering. Other draftees I don't expect to play early

Charlie was said by some experts to go as high as 3 in this years draft. Did slide but few factors why he did slide. Charlie was linked to a number of clubs and even given a Jake Stringer comparison. After his injury did return to Falcons team and played well, think return game kicked 4 goals. All this combined is why I think he will be a better player than Duggan and Gresham. It's irrelevant if have played senior AFL game or not as all 3 eventually will, true?

It's about long term. I expect Charlie to play as early as R1 as he has had a good pre-season. Unless sanctions hold him back which they might I can see him debuting early along with Weitering. Other draftees I don't expect to play early

Charlie was said by some experts to go as high as 3 in this years draft. Did slide but few factors why he did slide. Charlie was linked to a number of clubs and even given a Jake Stringer comparison. After his injury did return to Falcons team and played well, think return game kicked 4 goals. All this combined is why I think he will be a better player than Duggan and Gresham. It's irrelevant if have played senior AFL game or not as all 3 eventually will, true?
Who says Charlie can actually handle the tempo of senior AFL football Gillo??

Duggan can, because we've seen him.

Btw Curnow's junior career isn't as
Distinguished as you think, Gresham & Duggan had very dominant junior careers.

Last edited:
Who says Charlie can actually handle the tempo of senior AFL football Gillo??

Duggan can, because we've seen him.

I'm sure wouldn't been recruited 12 if Carlton wasn't confident he could handle AFL tempo. Just a personal preference he will become a better player than Duggan, I could be wrong. Why so worked up?

Will Jade Gresham be able to handle AFL tempo? Will he be like a Lewis Taylor? I think he handle the tempo but perhaps not as influential as Lewis but just my opinion and again I could be wrong.
Will Jade be better than Charlie? I don't think he will but could be wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure wouldn't been recruited 12 if Carlton wasn't confident he could handle AFL tempo. Just a personal preference he will become a better player than Duggan, I could be wrong. Why so worked up?

Will Jade Gresham be able to handle AFL tempo? Will he be like a Lewis Taylor? I think he handle the tempo but perhaps not as influential as Lewis but just my opinion and again I could be wrong.
Your always wrong Gillo.

Your thread is actually really really stupid, it makes no sense.

Why compare footballers just out of TAC cup to AFL footballers?

Gresham will be better than Curnow, different players though.

Gresh was a ball magnet at underage level, Curnow not so much.

Your always wrong Gillo.

If that's the case then I'll predict
Charlie Curnow will be a dud. He won't poll a single vote in the Rising Star award and won't play a single game next year. Will be the worst player in the 2015 draft

Gresham will win the Rising Star award

If that's the case then I'll predict
Charlie Curnow will be a dud. He won't poll a single vote in the Rising Star award and won't play a single game next year. Will be the worst player in the 2015 draft

Gresham will win the Rising Star award
You feel tough now big boy? :$

Your always wrong Gillo.
Your stupider than I thought, actually no your not.
You're. Stop saying 'your', it's making this thread even more annoying to read than it already was.

On Cripps; he really has only proven himself as a stoppage player. Good at winning the ball, very good at releasing teammates by hand. Terrible kick

You're. Stop saying 'your', it's making this thread even more annoying to read than it already was.

On Cripps; he really has only proven himself as a stoppage player. Good at winning the ball, very good at releasing teammates by hand. Terrible kick
Didn't know it was a grammar comp, sorry precious :$

I did find the comparison exercise interesting. So many have claimed this draft as being weak (or at least not deep) yet have shown preferences for the 2015 draftees in greater numbers than that I would have thought. The premise of this thread is to compare our assessment of a raw recruit to one who has been in the system for a year and consequently may have some disclosed form at AFL level. People do need to wait for KPP's to develop the body to compete against fully developed opponents, one year is definitely not enough - so there is probably a significant error factor there, so disclosed form may actually lower our estimation of a KPP. Taller mids can take a while too. Flashy types like Lewis Taylor can also give a false impression - they get plenty of the ball but can make poor decisions or give poor disposal reducing their actual hurt factor. We see how busy they are out there and remember them, they rise in our estimation (especially if we have them in our fantasy football squads). This comparison thread is more an exercise in the psychology of the posters than true comparisons of the respective players. It is interesting how we make judgements in the absence of actual pertinent data.

Last edited:
You don't watch enough games then. Tackles, Takes marks and kicks goals, He broke his leg in his first year but had very good second season.
You mean he kicks the ball???? Well * me dead... I'm shocked. Thought he only knew where his hands were

Did he go to hand pass it through the sticks before realising he needed to kick it through?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back