Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see that Keitel and Bampton didn't get picked up, nor the bloke who used to tip 150kg. Petrenko, Tappy, Brock also missing out.

A mature ruck or forward never hurts (particularly ruck) but unfortunately none stood out this year to Roos and co.

They wouldn't have delisted Gergiou if they were worried though, plus we have added Sam frost which means garland may well go forward again
He needs to bulk up like lynden Dunn though so he can take the bigger forwards

So bad I like it :)
Thanks, I aim to please.:)

Taylor on Vandenberg:
We feel he is someone who can come in and have an impact
He is a high possession winner, wins plenty of ball inside, has good endurance and hits the scoreboard.

Taylor on White:
A rebounding defender who is a raking left foot kick, he won the Dandenong Stingrays best and fairest and played for Vic Country who can play on the smalls and lock down

Interesting to see that Keitel and Bampton didn't get picked up, nor the bloke who used to tip 150kg. Petrenko, Tappy, Brock also missing out.
Petrenko is s**t, Tappy is perpetually injured and McLean is done (or no better really than a younger mid who has more scope to improve).
Kinda surprised the young talls were overlooked though. As a 6th-in-line KPP I'd have thought Keitel would be worth a look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah guys because drafting an 18 yr old rookie KF will provide us with depth .....

Pedo , Fitzy, Garland , Dunn, Howe could all go forward if needed
I like that we have gone mids again
It's not enough to have 6 good mids, if you look at the talent GWS and GC have going through there's your gonna need serious midfield depth to compete against these guys
Agree. We all said at the start of last season that the midfield was the main problem, as did Roos. Just because we now have two draftees doesn't mean our midfield problems are over. It's only 1 or 2 injuries away from being pretty substandard. What we have now is a start. If we can develop Petrayshaw and players like Salem, and then also trade in one or two experienced mids over the next 4 or 5 years, then we might have something resembling a good midfield.

I don't think we could really have done much better this off season. Given we were shafted by the campaigner and Chip left, I think it's a pretty good outcome for the team to look like it has actually improved quite a bit. Clearly yet to be tested, but I think we've done all we could. It's now down to actually getting our best players on the field at the same time

If we get a few injuries we might have to consider Watts as a tall once again... he is 196cm after all, he just needs to bloody well play like that.
If he keeps playing on the wing he'll no longer be at the club within 2 years. Either we'll move him on or he'll bugger off. He's not that good at it and he's just incredibly out of position. It's not a long term solution.

Would have liked another key forward. Roos really building a big group of mids. There will be some fierce competition in next few years.
Theory might be to draft the mids first and develop them, so we can then pick up key forwards and make their life easy for a change.

Petrenko must have done something in Adelaide that has had him black listed by every club. He was in their best 22 easily 2 years ago.

I think both our RD picks are worthy picks.

Vandenberg offers a ready made big bodied ball winner who can step into the fold if required, while White looks to be an intercept medium sized defender with good kicking skills.

Clearly they also have some deficiencies (otherwise they would have been taken earlier) but they have some things to work with.

I think both our RD picks are worthy picks.

Vandenberg offers a ready made big bodied ball winner who can step into the fold if required, while White looks to be an intercept medium sized defender with good kicking skills.

Clearly they also have some deficiencies (otherwise they would have been taken earlier) but they have some things to work with.
Agree, Vandenberg looks like a massive unit so you would think he could be upgraded to cover Trenners... And white looks very clean with a laser left foot (highlights reel I know).. actually the thing I liked most about what Taylor said about him was that he is very good at locking down on an opponent, which is excellent when you consider he can also be damaging back the other way..

Have really liked our drafting this year, seems very much lets just take the best bloke at our pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back