Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we end up with pick 5 or 6, it wont be nearly as easy to trade out for a player, and still stay in the first round.

Yeah I agree, if the top end talent in this draft are KPP then we might be able to tempt a club that is desperate for either a forward or KPD.

If we hold a pick around the 4 to 6 mark, I'm sure Melbourne would have to entertain the idea of trading our pick for an established player, or perhaps once again from the expansion club talent pool.

Hypothetically:

Melbourne trades - First round draft pick
GWS trade - Jono O’Rourke (former pick number two who's put off contract negotiations) & their end of first round compensation pick (#20)

Not against bring O'Rouke to Melbourne, but he is not worth giving up a pick inside the top 10, GWS made a blunder drafting him at pick 2

If we hold a pick around the 4 to 6 mark, I'm sure Melbourne would have to entertain the idea of trading our pick for an established player, or perhaps once again from the expansion club talent pool.

Hypothetically:

Melbourne trades - First round draft pick
GWS trade - Jono O’Rourke (former pick number two who's put off contract negotiations) & their end of first round compensation pick (#20)

Yes in principle, no to O'Rourke though (especially pushing our pick back to No.20). For Dylan Shiel though…. definitely

Our second rounder (around pick 22) for O'Rourke, and that'd be it. Throw in steak knives if GWS want. Can't see us giving up more than that. If they shoot us down, so be it, but they have to know that there's a good chance he'll walk if they don't organise a trade for him, and no club is going to give up much more than that.

Yes in principle, no to O'Rourke though (especially pushing our pick back to No.20). For Dylan Shiel though…. definitely

GWS are not by any means interested in getting rid of Shiel, they'd probably deny the trade for the 1st pick in the draft. Potentially id be interested in acquiring say: O'Rourke (former pick 2) and Plowman (former pick 3). However both have played 14 games combined, drafting huge potential that can't manage a game at GWS is risky, but given that they've completed multiple AFL pre-seasons, id take their bigger bodied potential.

Heard on the TV this morning that Jeremy Cameron has turned Down a big contract from GWS - We need to do everything we can to get him I reckon. A good replacement for Mitch.

Heard on the TV this morning that Jeremy Cameron has turned Down a big contract from GWS - We need to do everything we can to get him I reckon. A good replacement for Mitch.
Was mentioned in another thread that he had put talks on hold with GWS and was looking at his options. We'd definitely have to make a play for him, but he won't come cheaply. Our first pick alone wouldn't cut it; we'd have to throw in a good player on top of that and then you'd have to debate whether we'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul. We might not have the currency for a trade.

Was mentioned in another thread that he had put talks on hold with GWS and was looking at his options. We'd definitely have to make a play for him, but he won't come cheaply. Our first pick alone wouldn't cut it; we'd have to throw in a good player on top of that and then you'd have to debate whether we'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul. We might not have the currency for a trade.
First round pick and Jack watts

I was wondering how long that would take.

Given their probably looking for backline rather than forwards, Howe?

For the record, I don't want to trade Howe.
As stupid as this may sound - I wouldn't trade Watts yet. He's starting to show he can play again. I'd just give them first and maybe 2nd rounder - maybe throw someone like strauss at them as a "sweetner". (not sure how much sweetness Strauss offers though)

As stupid as this may sound - I wouldn't trade Watts yet. He's starting to show he can play again. I'd just give them first and maybe 2nd rounder - maybe throw someone like strauss at them as a "sweetner". (not sure how much sweetness Strauss offers though)

About as much as a 40 year old lemon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think making a big play for Cameron is a little counter productive... would rather more midfielders.
I agree midfielders should be a priority but Cameron is on a whole new level, you know what your getting, a star forward for the next 10 year, he will be a top 10 player of the comp for most of his career, you aren't going to find a midfielder to trade in or draft that has the guarantees that Cameron has, we have later picks to work on the midfield.

I think making a big play for Cameron is a little counter productive... would rather more midfielders.

I agree , I would love to have him if we could but I can't possibly find a deal that isn't more harm than good

GWS have boyd Patton and Cameron but it doesn't matter if your midfield and defence are garbage and that's what will happen if we give up too much

If I had to throw a bag of cash at one then yes Dangerfield
Look at Geelong, 1 Tom Hawkins is enough ( Hogan ) But imagine Viney, Tyson, Jones and Danger
I'm all for Danger, but I don't think he'll leave Adelaide. He's settled there, owns a house, loves getting out having a fish in his boat, and Adelaide Love him. If we can overcome all that with a great deal, then SWEET!!!!

Apparently Ahmed Saad is eligible for the draft this year and his ASADA ban will expire by round 1 of the 2015 season.
Personally, i thought he was alright but i don't think melbourne should draft him.

Apparently Ahmed Saad is eligible for the draft this year and his ASADA ban will expire by round 1 of the 2015 season.
Personally, i thought he was alright but i don't think melbourne should draft him.

I was thinking the same thing. I always thought he was handy and (apart from JKH, who's actually more of a midfielder) we don't have many good small forward options. I'd be happy to rookie him.

Think we should target Angus Brayshaw (VIC – Mid) with our first pick, and Billy Stretch (Mid/Fwd - FS) with hopefully our 3rd round pick.
With another Midfielder, Jake Lovett (Mid - FS) available in 2015, our other early picks this year should be traded for needs bases.
This will pretty much depend on Frawley decision and progress of our young players for the remainer of this year.
Wish list:- Tex Walker. Dream list:- Fully fit M Clark/L Jarrah.

Hi guys -

The Sandringham Dragons were kind enough to allow my Youtube show - Beyond the Boundary - to interview highly rated inside midfielder and potential top-10 draft pick Angus Brayshaw this week.

We spoke to Angus about the challenges and pressure of being a highly rated youngster, his future goals both in and outside of football, his strengths and weaknesses as a player, and much more.

It's a great watch - I'd love for you to check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back