Mega Thread 2014 Dream Team and Supercoach Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Griffin and Clarke would split the load, but Griffin would probably get bigger SC and DT points if the 2 played together. Moot point as Sandi is running fine and no sign of injury.
2. No chance soon, maybe in 3-4 weeks time with lack of WAFL games to push selection. May get called upon if the injury gods send us a plague.
Thanks Seppo

Ibbotson is cooked for the year isn't he? I saw on one of your threads someone said that they spoke to his family who said he wasn't getting any better.

I have him in a draft league and need Freo to either play him or put him into surgery so I know either way!

Ibbotson is cooked for the year isn't he? I saw on one of your threads someone said that they spoke to his family who said he wasn't getting any better.

I have him in a draft league and need Freo to either play him or put him into surgery so I know either way!
Aye?? News to us?

He's been playing almost every week in either the main team of the WAFL. He's been coming from a long way back so he needs to work his way back into the side, tight for spots etc. His shoulder doesn't seem to be troubling him too much atm.

Aye?? News to us?

He's been playing almost every week in either the main team of the WAFL. He's been coming from a long way back so he needs to work his way back into the side, tight for spots etc. His shoulder doesn't seem to be troubling him too much atm.

Just going off this quote in the dogs pre game thread:

Spoke to one of his family members at the Geelong game in which he was an emergency. He told Ross not to pick him as he is not getting better. Hopefully this injury isn't escalating.

Hey guys,

Drafted Chris Mayne fairly early this year, was wondering if there was any reason for his downturn in form and has he been playing poorly from a footy perspective also?

Reckon he's a chance to improve after the bye or do I move on with him?

Hey guys,

Drafted Chris Mayne fairly early this year, was wondering if there was any reason for his downturn in form and has he been playing poorly from a footy perspective also?

Reckon he's a chance to improve after the bye or do I move on with him?

He injured his ankle early in the year, and he probably came back a week early. Plus his goal kicking has been poor in comparison to last year.

This has probably cost him 10-15 points a week, so if he is able to get back on the score board a bit more his output should improve.

FYI - We play the bottom 9 sides over the next 9 weeks, so his scoring could improve because of that. I would say he is good chance to average 65-75 the rest of year but unlikely to reach his 85 average for the rest of the year.

Hey guys, just wondering if Mundy has any injury/fitness concerns atm? He looked absolutely cooked from 3QT onwards yesterday. Maybe it was just because of how free-flowing the game was. Anyway, congrats on the win, the Dogs played well.

Fyfe was injured during the game so maybe he carried a large work load, no injury concerns although his score was down compared to usual.

I would expect him to bounce back next week against Adelaide.

Hi Guys,

Whats going on with Pav? his DT scoring has been pretty poor recently. Watching your games it appears he is getting to contests but looks out of gas and doesnt get the small separation to take the mark on the lead.

Did he have a poor pre-season and is still working into the season?

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea on how far off Morabito is from returning to the seniors? Is he playing as a mid or still off the half back? Is there even a spot for him at the moment? I've had a look at his stats on the WAFL website and it looks as if he's been a bit hot and cold, guess he's still with his tank which is completely understandable.

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

Whats going on with Pav? his DT scoring has been pretty poor recently. Watching your games it appears he is getting to contests but looks out of gas and doesnt get the small separation to take the mark on the lead.

Did he have a poor pre-season and is still working into the season?

Cheers

Is being double teamed a lot, he is getting older and has struggled to get separation this year, perhaps he has lost 1/2 a yard of pace.

I would trade him to Bird or Zorko when you get the chance, he is also a decent chance of having a rest one week.

Any idea on how far off Morabito is from returning to the seniors? Is he playing as a mid or still off the half back? Is there even a spot for him at the moment? I've had a look at his stats on the WAFL website and it looks as if he's been a bit hot and cold, guess he's still with his tank which is completely understandable.

Cheers.

As you said he is still build his tank, Ross said he does not have the fitness to play midfield.

Could play in 1-2 weeks or could be 6-7, probably needs a couple big games in the WAFL to really push for selection.

Last edited:
So I have Watson in Supercoach, can't decide whether to trade him to Stevie J or Fyfe. I would go Fyfe, yet my biggest fear is Lyon resting him like he did last year in round 23 with about half your side, which f***** everyone over as it was fantasy grand final week. Will Lyon do it again this year, and will he rest Fyfe if you have an easy opposition?
P.S is Fyfe good at breaking tags?

So I have Watson in Supercoach, can't decide whether to trade him to Stevie J or Fyfe. I would go Fyfe, yet my biggest fear is Lyon resting him like he did last year in round 23 with about half your side, which f***** everyone over as it was fantasy grand final week. Will Lyon do it again this year, and will he rest Fyfe if you have an easy opposition?
P.S is Fyfe good at breaking tags?
based on dream team, I would go Barlow over both of them. Stevie j has a very high break even, and dude has been sitting forwatd recently. fyfe handles taggs very well, but can be pushed forward sometimes which affects his scores e.g. he played forward on the weekend. if you want Stevie j get bartel or zorko this week and wait for his break even to drop and then swap batel into the backline could work

based on dream team, I would go Barlow over both of them. Stevie j has a very high break even, and dude has been sitting forwatd recently. fyfe handles taggs very well, but can be pushed forward sometimes which affects his scores e.g. he played forward on the weekend
Yeah im on supercoach though. Both are mids who rest up forward, both are (normally) tagged, Fyfe more consistency, SJ ability to score bigger. Tough call

Hey all, sorry to intrude but i come to seek some advice (we all know you guys are going to give us a royal thumping this week). With Johnson going down, i want to bring in Ibbo as he should slot straight into MJs role loose in defence for you guys. My question is, with Macfarlane injured too, even with Silvagni coming in, do you guys think Ibbo will get a lockdown role? Or be kept loose? thanks.

Hey all, sorry to intrude but i come to seek some advice (we all know you guys are going to give us a royal thumping this week). With Johnson going down, i want to bring in Ibbo as he should slot straight into MJs role loose in defence for you guys. My question is, with Macfarlane injured too, even with Silvagni coming in, do you guys think Ibbo will get a lockdown role? Or be kept loose? thanks.
Ibbo will actually go down in price this week as he was the sub two weeks ago. If you're in a position to wait, then I'd wait another week before picking him up. If not, I think Ibbo will score pretty well.

Witht he quality of your talls (or lack thereof beyond Jack) I think he'll take the third tall/zone off role and should score reasonably well. Beyond that, we have some fixtures that are a bit tougher (WC in a few weeks) so his scores might be a bit up and down.

If you are talking DT - I'd look elsewhere Jaensch, Birchall
SC - Hanley or Hurn seem better picks if they fit.

Witht he quality of your talls (or lack thereof beyond Jack) I think he'll take the third tall/zone off role and should score reasonably well. Beyond that, we have some fixtures that are a bit tougher (WC in a few weeks) so his scores might be a bit up and down.

If you are talking DT - I'd look elsewhere Jaensch, Birchall
SC - Hanley or Hurn seem better picks if they fit.

Thanks, and to the other guy too. Talking DT Fantasy.. this trade would be for last spot in my def (Suckling > Ibbo). Jaensch + Birchall are more solid yes but I think Iboo has the potential to average in the 90's aswell and he's much cheaper at 350k. With the lack of rooks coming through i need that 70k to help me getting Tex > Harvey next week. Here is my team if you guys are feeling generous enough to help with some broader advice. Need all i can get as I'm in a cash league and also aiming on closing in on the top 100. Thanks

dy3vq8.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back