2014 Foxtel Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, Falcons actually going alright so far.

lol, I'm 99% sure that Guadagin was the little bloodnut kid that played for Southern Cross against us in colts like almost 20 years ago. How time flies..
He is from out that way Kram so it could well be him!

Great win Falcons!

Vics will probably blame the Burley footy :cool:
They are blaming the umpiring quite a bit. Haven't seen them mention the Burley yet.:D

How about blaming their kicking for goal?
They've also gone from " Pretty strong side on paper" to " You field a weak side, you lose " :rolleyes:

Great to see West Perth play and even better to see a win.

Maybe a repeat of last years GF in the WAFL is on the cards for the Foxtel Cup.

The Hawthorn board has lots of posters moaning about the umpiring. Personally I thought it was pretty fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Great to see West Perth play and even better to see a win.

Maybe a repeat of last years GF in the WAFL is on the cards for the Foxtel Cup.

The Hawthorn board has lots of posters moaning about the umpiring. Personally I thought it was pretty fair.
The umpires had a knack of paying questionable frees whenever box hill got a run on, and even paid a trip when the falcon fell over his own feet

Wasn't a complaint
Just a note
The umpires had a knack of paying questionable frees whenever box hill got a run on, and even paid a trip when the falcon fell over his own feet

Just get a feeling of sour grapes from the Box Hill supporters.

West Perth had
  • 18 more possessions
  • 4 more marks
  • 2 more clearances
  • 2 more free kicks
  • 4 more inside 50's
  • 2 more scoring shots
  • 63% efficiency
Box Hill had / made
  • 13 more clangers
  • 15 more tackles
  • 62% efficiency
We dominated the 1st half, you guys belted us in the 3rd and we were good enough to keep our noses in front during the last.

That's what I saw.

Last edited:
Well done to the Garlics.

Thought the commentary was a bit so so. The Garlics led most of the time, but the commentators were talking as if Box Hill was the superior team, but this wasn't reflected on the scoreboard.

They regularly either mis pronounced the visiting players names and even struggled to identify a player taking a set shot for goals.

I thought the commentary was ok despite being a bit pro Box Hill, it's not going to be easy getting all the players names right when they've probably never seen most of them before.

Best part of the commentary last night was when one of them called Bartholomew, Strijk. Purely because he was wearing number 3.

I know WAFL commentators are prone to cockups like that as well, Mark Readings would have known the difference. Maybe.

Best part of the commentary last night was when one of them called Bartholomew, Strijk. Purely because he was wearing number 3.

I know WAFL commentators are prone to cockups like that as well, Mark Readings would have known the difference. Maybe.

Yeah, I think they had they still had Strijk on the team list since his number is 3. I would have thought Mark Readings would be in the telecast given a Western Australia team was participating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back