2014 Grand final upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Kudos to the club, they could have easily gotten greedy and fleeced the members during the post-GF glow period.

I was expecting a $100 rise too, I'm very impressed.
I heard there will only be 6,000 (trying to confirm). I thought there were 9,000 last year and over 7,000 registered for GF tickets

I heard there will only be 6,000 (trying to confirm). I thought there were 9,000 last year and over 7,000 registered for GF tickets

I seem to remember 6,000 being the figure mentioned last year as well.

I seem to remember 6,000 being the figure mentioned last year as well.
The West reported that there were 7129 category 1 (ie GFupgrade) registrations and I am pretty sure before registration that they said of 14000 tickets available, 9000 could go to priority 1 with the balance going to the ballot. Also appears that GF upgrade might only be available to those that had GF upgrade in 2013.

The West reported that there were 7129 category 1 (ie GFupgrade) registrations and I am pretty sure before registration that they said of 14000 tickets available, 9000 could go to priority 1 with the balance going to the ballot. Also appears that GF upgrade might only be available to those that had GF upgrade in 2013.

I was going to ask that.....for anyone that didn't have the upgrade last year, can they add it to their membership during the renewal process?

Would have been pissed if it had gone $100+ ..... though still paid it but was definitely expecting ~ $50. All thoughts of possibly not renewing ours are long long long gone and we'll be booking flights after about three wins :)

Would have been pissed if it had gone $100+ ..... though still paid it but was definitely expecting ~ $50. All thoughts of possibly not renewing ours are long long long gone and we'll be booking flights after about three wins :)
I didn't purchase it this year and there wasn't an option to do I it for the 2014 renewal. I suppose that means that those who already have it will be allowed to renew it before others can purchase it. Do people think that's reasonable ? I was hoping it would be first come, first serve this year.

I didn't purchase it this year and there wasn't an option to do I it for the 2014 renewal. I suppose that means that those who already have it will be allowed to renew it before others can purchase it. Do people think that's reasonable ? I was hoping it would be first come, first serve this year.
noticed that too. I think it's ironical they will do that for the GF upgrade but did nothing to recognised Quay Club members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is really the fairest way to go.
I know some people who have been taking the upgrade option since they started.
I seem to recall they started at $15.00.

Yeah its kind of six of one half a dozen of the other imo maybe it's fairer to start fresh every year but still plenty of people were paying it when Fremantle were finishing at the bottom of the ladder and even finals was a pipe dream.

Possibly, but now anyone different will be locked out. Does that mean the same 5000 people will always get the upgrade every year if they choose to renew ? Not sure that's completely reasonable.

Yeah, I've been paying it since the start and would be a little bit dirty to be bumped due to people only being keen now we are a good chance of making it. Wouldn't be a big issue tho as there will always be a way to source tickets if you are keen enough. Pay monthly these days, so my membership just rolls over every year and don't even need to renew.

How times have changed though!!.....people used to laugh at me for getting it :p

Possibly, but now anyone different will be locked out. Does that mean the same 5000 people will always get the upgrade every year if they choose to renew ? Not sure that's completely reasonable.

What is a fairer way ?
Some have been paying it for 10 plus years.
Whatever policy they adopt somebody is going to feel aggrieved.

I confirmed my 3 memberships plus the GF guarantee today
The membership office said that those with the upgrades would keep them and there would be no more available.The cost is now $35 and the only way to get one now is to hope that some of last years holders dont renew and to go on the waiting list . Doesnt sound to promising for those who havent got the upgrade.

What is a fairer way ?
Some have been paying it for 10 plus years.
Whatever policy they adopt somebody is going to feel aggrieved.

I agree with Fred. I've never paid it but I don't begrudge those that have getting first dibs

Probably also why they keep half for the ballet, its hard to not know for sure till the last week but particularly as a WA team you've still got a decent chance as a member without the upgrade to get a ticket.

Kudos to the club for keeping it reasonable after this year. Everyone had an option this year to buy it so think those who have paid should have first right of refusal like those who pay for their seat each year have first right to that. I'm sure members who have paid for years wouldn't want to give up their seat at subi for someone who decides to jump on now.

I do think they should give long term members a higher chance in the ballot though o reward those who have stuck through the bad times as well.

Kudos to the club for keeping it reasonable after this year. Everyone had an option this year to buy it so think those who have paid should have first right of refusal like those who pay for their seat each year have first right to that. I'm sure members who have paid for years wouldn't want to give up their seat at subi for someone who decides to jump on now.

I do think they should give long term members a higher chance in the ballot though o reward those who have stuck through the bad times as well.

I agree with this but I can understand why they don't ; It could possibly discourage new members .
Also, I would be reasonably confident the grand final upgrade $ is set by the AFL and applies to all clubs. The price of $35.00 would be the same at all clubs.

Andrew Demetriou .... " A study of Avarice " .

Also, I would be reasonably confident the grand final upgrade $ is set by the AFL and applies to all clubs. The price of $35.00 would be the same at all clubs.

Andrew Demetriou .... " A study of Avarice " .

The Geelong one was $100 at one stage. I know ours certainly never hit that level (thankfully)!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back