Injury 2014 Injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The injury list (as of 16/01/2014) offically consists of:

Clay Smith (ACL)

Christian Howard (Hip)

Shaun Higgins (Foot)

Their return dates are unknown. It is also possible that Josh Prudden's ankle injury has not yet healed, but is being kept secret to avoid panic amongst the Bulldog faithful :eek:

The injury list (as of 16/01/2014) offically consists of:

Clay Smith (ACL)

Christian Howard (Hip)

Shaun Higgins (Foot)

Their return dates are unknown. It is also possible that Josh Prudden's ankle injury has not yet healed, but is being kept secret to avoid panic amongst the Bulldog faithful :eek:
Thanks Werewolf.
What's with Howard's Hip ...did he have another op? He had a hip op a few years back. Maybe he's had the other one done. If so, is that him finally fixed? Perhaps he has been given another chance on the strength of finally being 100% fit?

Thanks Werewolf.
What's with Howard's Hip ...did he have another op? He had a hip op a few years back. Maybe he's had the other one done. If so, is that him finally fixed? Perhaps he has been given another chance on the strength of finally being 100% fit?

I think it was mentioned that he had surgery on both hips in the off season.

Question has to be asked why Howard didn't have his surgery a month before the vfl season ended. Surely pre-season is more important than playing more vfl footy with dodgy hips, particularly for a guy fighting for his footy life in 2014.

I think he was at that time having hipnosis, by some hippy, but they thought having surgery was not hip. I think it was hipocritical.

Question has to be asked why Howard didn't have his surgery a month before the vfl season ended. Surely pre-season is more important than playing more vfl footy with dodgy hips, particularly for a guy fighting for his footy life in 2014.

And a great question at that, the only thing I think of is we weren't sure if we were going to keep him on the list??

I think he was at that time having hipnosis, by some hippy, but they thought having surgery was not hip. I think it was hipocritical.
And apparently when they eventually wheeled him into surgery he was listening to hip op music.

Jarrad Grant to Miss Start of Season with Foot Fracture
Forward Jarrad Grant will miss the start of the 2014 premiership season after sustaining a foot fracture at training on Friday.

Medical Services Manager Andrew McKenzie said scans revealed a fracture to Grant’s foot, which required surgery to stabilise the area.

“Jarrad got landed on in a tackle on Friday, and subsequently sustained a fracture to his left foot, which scans later confirmed,” McKenzie said.

“Jarrad underwent surgery yesterday and is expected to remain in a boot for the next six weeks.

“He will have a review with the surgeon to determine when he will return to play after that time.”

General Manager of Football Graham Lowe said Grant was positive despite the injury and has turned his attention to a swift recovery.

“Jarrad is in relatively good spirits, and is now looking forward to diligently rehabilitating his injury,” Lowe said.

“It’s an unfortunate occurrence, but we’re confident Jarrad will bounce back from this set-back.”

Grant has played 58 games for the Bulldogs since being drafted in 2007.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A knee injury is likely to keep Keras off the field during 2014, however, Maple said he had already left a positive influence on the team during the pre-season.
“Unfortunately Jordan Keras hurt a knee, he was training the house down and he is recovering well but we probably won’t see him play at all this year,” he said.
“He is recovering really quickly and he would have been a good asset as well.”
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-01-21/fort-joins-footscray

I reckon we should have VFL reports in here as well.

Damn just as he was looking to become regular best 22. On the positive side, it will be a good test of his mental strength. Always have to look for the positives :D

So he'll be in a boot for six weeks and then will have to go through subsequent rehab.

Realistically it sounds like end of March at the earliest before he plays again at any level.

Bad luck for spindleshanks there, but as others said it provides an opportunity for Stringer to step up.

With Cramma there it may not be as big of an impact as we think/thought

Remove this Banner Ad

Back