List Mgmt. 2014 list discussion - drafts, free agents, trades, retirees, delistings and more

Remove this Banner Ad

With both incumbent rookies likely to play some senior footy in 2014, unless there's a very compelling reason, I'd prefer to use the remaining rookie list spots on genuine rookies (<20s and perhaps a convert from another sport).

I don't really see anything from that group of delisted players that interests me. The fact that Hawthorn got rid of Boseley, when Gibson (30 by Round 1, 2014) and Lake (32 by Round 1) clearly only have a couple of years left in them - at best - tells me pretty definitively that he's not up to it.

I'd consider Gysberts as a rookie pick. Apparently we were keen last year when Melbourne put him up for trade. Not sure what happened with him at North but something must have gone wrong for him to have only got 1 season.

I'm the resident optimist ... 2nd - 1st if Menzel comes back and we have the two rucks available all year. But ... in that optimism I'm being optimistic about at least 6 of the 12 'developing 21 year olds' standing up to be really counted!

I know I sound a bit pessimistic, but that's just the defensive mechanisms kicking in since all the exports in trade week, as well as Joel Corey who was getting 28 poss in some games.
With all the upbeat talk lets remember we just don't know if they're really any good at the highest level, but I am hopeful.
As for Hawthorn,.....can't see how we can be competitive with them.

Boseley is a MUST have,

being a ranga
I know you put the ranga bit in, but there was a lot of talk here around the 2011 draft about Boseley.

In fact PO wanted him drafted at pick 34!
Not only did he not go in the first 90 picks of the main draft but he slipped all the way to pick 52 in the rookie draft.

And that was after us getting him to train with us. We took Eardley and Sheringham instead.

I wish them all well for 2014, but big task ahead, my mind is saying about 7-8th next home and away.

I think that is about where I see it ending.

vardy is class?

We are about to find out in 2014.
First and foremost he needs an uninterrupted preseason , then he will need time and patience because there will be games when he doesn't get near it - all young KP"s go through that.
He looks to have all the attributes but potential and success are never easy bedfellows, hope like hell he makes it though ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent Dumont profiled on AFL.com today,....our pick can do it Mr Wells. :)

Keen on this guy aren't ya?! :)

He does sound good - I know jack s about him but the write up sounds ok.

One thing for sure - they'll be paying attention to what sort of kid he is first and foremost. Think that's why Wellsy comes out with so many left fielders

poor baby ... I go and grab some cheese to have with that whine :p

bunk-the-wire.gif

not cool.

Keen on this guy aren't ya?! :)

He does sound good - I know jack s about him but the write up sounds ok.

One thing for sure - they'll be paying attention to what sort of kid he is first and foremost. Think that's why Wellsy comes out with so many left fielders

Yeah I am, watched him play in the SANFL Grand final for Norwood, which they won incidently, the kids as hard as, Selwood?..I know it's a big call but at seventeen already played and won the senior state premiership, been playing for them all year and they'd been the top team all year.

Had 20 poss in the GF in a tough contest for 3/4's till they ran away with it by 41pts, Michael Aish also plays for same team, so I'd say they're pretty much even and equal in ability to adapt to senior level.
I think he's in advance of many fancied before him and so is Aish of course.

They reckon Selwood was ready to go when he walked through the doors, this guy might be similar, they liken him to Ollie Wines.
At least no waiting for years with this bloke.

Yeah I am, watched him play in the SANFL Grand final for Norwood, which they won incidently, the kids as hard as, Selwood?..I know it's a big call but at seventeen already played and won the senior state premiership, been playing for them all year and they'd been the top team all year.

Had 20 poss in the GF in a tough contest for 3/4's till they ran away with it by 41pts, Michael Aish also plays for same team, so I'd say they're pretty much even and equal in ability to adapt to senior level.

They reckon Selwood was ready to go when he walked through the doors, this guy might be similar, they liken him to Ollie Wines.

Big call - if you're right, I hope we get him. Of course if you're right there could be 14 other recruiters lined up before us. We got Sels with one of our rare top ten picks

After watching a heap of footage and reading on this kid I am torn between Dumont and Crouch... Would be rapt with either.. Just want the draft to hurry up so the speculation will stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back