List Mgmt. 2014 List Management Resource Thread - now with friendly poll!

Are you happy with our list changes this post season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs like StKilda and Brisbane making strong list profiling decisions which reflect strategy. Geelong the same last year

As always we might be challenging, or maybe we're rebuilding. Not quite sure so we figure its best to roll along and see what happens

It's a fine distinction but an important one I reckon. It's not like they've got to 38 on their list and said "oh s**t we've run out of cap space" and didn't get anyone else.

They have a deliberate strategy to pay more to their better players and sacrifice 2 spots on their list to do it.

That's about 5% of a list that they're not paying. It's crude maths/logic but add that to the COLA and they effectively get a bonus 15% to spend on players. Is it any wonder they're so strong.

I'd like to see us do the same.

Great Post! You too Sanders. Didn't realise this was being done by Sydney.

Its this type of progressive thinking that we need to copy at Adelaide.

Why have we not cut any players yet?
The club normally waits until the end of trade week before announcing the delistings. The theory is that other clubs would be more willing to trade for our dead wood if they didn't know they could pick them up for free as Delisted FA. Whether there's any validity to that theory is another matter.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter when the delistings are announced - as long as it happens by the relevant List Lodgement dates.

Great Post! You too Sanders. Didn't realise this was being done by Sydney.

Its this type of progressive thinking that we need to copy at Adelaide.

Very quick way to get 2 likes!

Does anyone know whether any clubs have confirmed any rookie upgrades for this off-season? I know we have confirmed CHARLIE!!! Bacon8?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very quick way to get 2 likes!

Does anyone know whether any clubs have confirmed any rookie upgrades for this off-season? I know we have confirmed CHARLIE!!! Bacon8?

He's the only one so far.

A lot will depend on who we cut, I believe. Lose some deadwood, and Batters/Kelly could be promoted. If not, they can easily remain on the RL for another year, with an instant upgrade spot available with Otten's LTI.

Edit: you meant comp wide. there are a couple... give me 2.

Joel Tippett
Neville Jetta
Anthony Miles
Xavier Richards
Callum Sinclair

9 have been delisted/retired.

Back