List Mgmt. 2014 List Management thread - 10 changes to the senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackas87 said:
This is what I reckon the problem is, we want to target free agents next year but players like Dawes and Lumumba and who knows who else are getting paid way overs, now we probably don't have the cap space to fit everyone in.

Good sign is though Jones is keen to stay, already wanting to sign which i can't say the same about other free agent captains at the moment, reckon a deal will be done before the season starts
I really hope a deal gets done before next season. i'm very happy that he wants to stay at the club. unfortunately this good luck come with bad with the club not quick to sign him up. months earlier it seemed the other way around, a assume to clubs keen, but money is the issue.

But at least Jones has put his hand up to negotiate his contract. Howe i hear has put his contract talks on hold

This is what I reckon the problem is, we want to target free agents next year but players like Dawes and Lumumba and who knows who else are getting paid way overs, now we probably don't have the cap space to fit everyone in.

Good sign is though Jones is keen to stay, already wanting to sign which i can't say the same about other free agent captains at the moment, reckon a deal will be done before the season starts

Dawes an lumumba are being paid so that we can reach the minimum pay

Dawes would also probably be front loaded and we lost frawley and Clark

We are probably paying Garlett 350-400 just to make minimum payments

Dawes an lumumba are being paid so that we can reach the minimum pay

Dawes would also probably be front loaded and we lost frawley and Clark

We are probably paying Garlett 350-400 just to make minimum payments
Probably but if that's the case we shouldn't have a problem paying Jones anything under $2mil to just make the minimum

Probably but if that's the case we shouldn't have a problem paying Jones anything under $2mil to just make the minimum

Everyone's just guessing though ...

I have no reason to doubt , Jackson, Roos, Mahoney and Viney when it comes to list management especially when it's the club captain in question

So Evans' final year salary goes in the 2015 TPP. I thought we could include it in 2014 if it's a payout but it makes sense.

I honestly would have thought we'd have more than enough cap space to accomodate Jones as well as go after FAs despite some of the contracts of Dawes et al. Maybe we have a few FAs in the cross-hair.

We had 10 senior players go from the primary list this year with 5 draftees to take up part of the slack. Cross will likely retire next year and we'll have other delistees (possibly including Trengove) who will free up cap space.

Also the salary cap is increasing again isn't it?

We should be in a good spot.

So Evans' final year salary goes in the 2015 TPP. I thought we could include it in 2014 if it's a payout but it makes sense.

I honestly would have thought we'd have more than enough cap space to accomodate Jones as well as go after FAs despite some of the contracts of Dawes et al. Maybe we have a few FAs in the cross-hair.

We had 10 senior players go from the primary list this year with 5 draftees to take up part of the slack. Cross will likely retire next year and we'll have other delistees (possibly including Trengove) who will free up cap space.

Also the salary cap is increasing again isn't it?

We should be in a good spot.

I suspect we are just trying to save as much as possible to throw at Danger or Sloane.

Good luck to Evans, would be an asset to a number of WAFL teams and deserves some recognition from Dees fans for his contribution in the last term against GWS in Rd 4 last year, which was one bright spot in the s**t sandwich that was 2013.

Good luck to Evans, would be an asset to a number of WAFL teams and deserves some recognition from Dees fans for his contribution in the last term against GWS in Rd 4 last year, which was one bright spot in the s**t sandwich that was 2013.

Yes, well done for a good quarter in a four year career. If only half the players listed by AFL clubs can have one good quarter they should be lauded as a star :rolleyes:

Don't know why people are laying into Evans. Is one of few midfielders on our list who has actually had a crack and looked at all competitive since 2011. Limited in talent sure, but that's hardly a crime. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do I say. Will remember how I remember any MFC player who isn't a campaigner.

Don't know why people are laying into Evans. Is one of few midfielders on our list who has actually had a crack and looked at all competitive since 2011. Limited in talent sure, but that's hardly a crime. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do I say. Will remember how I remember any MFC player who isn't a campaigner.

Think I'm disappointing that he got cut and walked away. Him now v Jetta this time last year are even; however, Evans is contracted and wouldn't lose any pay to try and work his way back into the side, Jetta was out of contracted, took the rookie chance and would have got a little more that minimum wage. Jetta worked his ass off this year and is now or is becoming the player many hoped he may be.

I do wish him the best, and he was servicable for the most part; definitely not a campaigner that was pushed out such as Magner, Morton, Blease and Nicholson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't understand why he would retire now? Why not just play that last year from the rookie list that you are going to get paid regardless? For all we know he could what Neville Jetta did this year.

I mean I'm happy we've got the extra pick but this just sums up how f***ing stupid that bloke is.

I still don't understand why he would retire now? Why not just play that last year from the rookie list that you are going to get paid regardless? For all we know he could what Neville Jetta did this year.

I mean I'm happy we've got the extra pick but this just sums up how f***ing stupid that bloke is.
Eh, realistically guys 'doing a Jetta' is pretty rare (and even in Nev's case, one good season does not make a career). He still got paid out, and now doesn't have to try and juggle AFL footy with other commitments. He can focus on something else (uni/trade/job) a year early. Not really that dumb when you look at it pragmatically as he was unlikely to break into, and stay in, the side. Probably the best for both parties in the end.

Yeah Jetta always had the talent to make it, was only lacking the drive. Evans is completely different - he's a D grade midfielder and well below the standard even for us. No point in him waiting around.

Yeah Jetta always had the talent to make it, was only lacking the drive. Evans is completely different - he's a D grade midfielder and well below the standard even for us. No point in him waiting around.

Bullshit, people barely gave him any chance of anything before 2014.

It makes no sense (unless you're an idiot, which Evans has proven by this that he is) not to just give the last year one last massive crack and see what happens.

It's not going make a difference if he "enters the real world" a year later when the rewards of succeeding next year are far greater than just retiring.

I j

It makes no sense (unless you're an idiot, which Evans has proven by this that he is) not to just give the last year one last massive crack and see what happens.

It's not going make a difference if he "enters the real world" a year later when the rewards of succeeding next year are far greater than just retiring.

I used to cop a fair bit on here for thinking Jetta could turn it around - likewise, I think Evans is taking the soft option, law degree or not.

I j

I used to cop a fair bit on here for thinking Jetta could turn it around - likewise, I think Evans is taking the soft option, law degree or not.

I can also say I've been a Jetta fan before 2014, the moment he went head on with Aaron Sandilands and wrapped his arms around his waist and took him down I was a fan forever.

Go little Nev!

Maybe he just doesn't want it?

Just because we all assume that being an AFL player would be great doesn't mean it is.

I don't have any inside knowledge on this, but the way it panned out, I presume we offered him a pay rise to walk away.

His option were probably along the lines of;

A) be demoted to the rookie list next year and be told that you're not wanted around the place and won't get any more games.

B) Retire now, so that we can use an extra pick, and we'll up your salary (which sits in next seasons salary cap no matter what) by 75%.

I don't have a problem with him leaving if this was indeed the case. No problem at all - particularly if he has a law degree to fall back on.

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if we got one of the Collins St members to offer him a law interniship at one of the big firms, if he walked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back