Keeper Lg. 2014 List Management Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know anyone else in this league, and not sure i'd want to. You are all a bunch of footy stats nerds! ... ok i am too.
Same here, also probably all of you are significantly older than me as well.

Talking best 22, I will post a writer analysis later.

My backline will be Clos to te worst in the Comp.

Midfield will be serviceable but will still get beaten. Guys like petracca, Brashaw, degoey, Blakey, Freeman will improve this just not in 2015.

The forward line isn't so bad, big teX holding down a spot, stringer and Taylo Adams wil improve, JKH could slide in along with ambrose and Ceglar. Reece Mckenzie may have a future and hopefully Petracca can hold forward status for a long while.

Such a long way to go.

Of and rucks I think I would have some of the bet rucks combinations going around pike and Naismith, to be replace by Lobb and downie in years coming, plus leuy and ceglar

Midfield will be serviceable but will still get beaten. Guys like petracca, Brashaw, degoey, Blakey, Freeman will improve this just not in 2015.

The forward line isn't so bad, big teX holding down a spot, stringer and Taylo Adams wil improve, JKH could slide in along with ambrose and Ceglar. Reece Mckenzie may have a future and hopefully Petracca can hold forward status for a long while.

Such a long way to go.

Of and rucks I think I would have some of the bet rucks combinations going around pike and Naismith, to be replace by Lobb and downie in years coming, plus leuy and ceglar
No reason why petracca shouldnt hold f status in 2016 lol

No reason why petracca shouldnt hold f status in 2016 lol

Fair call actually. Unless in his rehab they change him (for whatever reason). Poor kid though. Would be pretty tough to be 2 months in to your career and you're already setback. Melbourne have the worst luck it seems. The gods are putting them through hell with all their young kids basically serving a 1 year suspension before they play.

Such a long way to go.

OK something maybe a little but more in depth analysis.

Defence

S.Frost, C. Pearce, N.Haynes, N.Grima, L.McPharlin, D.Gardiner (T.Cutler)

OK so this is a bunch or hacks, Haynes has some potential as does my emergency in Cutler but apart from that it is THE worst back line in the comp. Mcpharlin can offer a bit but really is getting on and is just as injured as he is useful. I got rid of Mzungu and Gubson who were both great defensive options although both 30 and useless for my future plans.

Midfield

B.Crouch, F.Ray, J.Aish, N.Van Berlo, N. Foley

This is pretty self explanatory, i am starting Foley and Ray in the midfield, both will pick up 20 touches but they are not class at all and really will be replaced next season. The positives is that i Could be playing Taylor Adams here but pushed him forward while i can, then i have Petracca who will replace Adams next year, but also Brayshaw and Degoey, Freeman, Blakely, Hallahan and Josh Thomas for the future. Although not flash now i think it would be looking very handy in 2 years time. Also how could i forget Brad Crouch is just a star, he wont be moving any time soon i imagine.

Forward

T. Walker, T/ Adams J. Stringer, J. Ceglar, P. Ambrose, D. Stanley

This is a bit of a mix, i have my star and two halves Walker, Adams and Stinger, then Ambrose who i really like and a resting Ruck in Ceglar, Stanley is a trier but really is just filling a gap atm. I also have Josh Thomas, Kent, Kennedy Harris, Paparone, Paine and Petracca and maybe Mckenzie (2016) to play forward so i have a good base and alot of options to come on here, pretty happy.

Ruck

Leunberger, Pyke (Naismith) (Lobb, Downie)

These guys are a good mix, Luey has it all if fit so happy here , Pyke will fill gaps for 1-2 years then i have his replacement in Naismith. Also have Lobb and Downie so my rucks wont need much work over the next 5 or so years at this point.

tenderWARRIOR 2015 best 22 & squad analysis

best 22
backs:
Carlilse, McGovern, Mayes, Savage, Langdon, Macmillan
They say attack starts in defence, and with two potential high quality KPF in Carlisle and McGovern down back, along with two players in Mayes and Savage who have shown an ability to win plenty of possessions and hit the scoreboard, the WARRIORS will be off to a good start. Langdon and Macmillan round out the starting back 6, with both have the potential to be consistently high production defenders.

centres: Swallow, Gaff, Tyson, Cunnington, Coniglio
A very promising collection of young inside/outside centres. Hoping for natural improvement and some more consistency across the board, especially for some extra scoreboard impact in 2015.

rucks: Lobbe, Hickey
Lot’s of flexibility here with Bellchambers able to replace Hickey depending on match-ups. Lobbe will lose some hitouts to Ryder, so the question will be can he be more useful around the ground/ up forward. Hoping for both Lobbe and Hickey to improve in this way.

forwards: Bellchambers, T.Lynch (GC), Daniher, Watts, T.Lynch (AD), J.Murdoch
With Bellchambers having the potential to play as the third Ruck in the forward line, the WARRIORS should win the Hitouts more often than not. Lynch (GC) and Daniher are two of the most exciting KPF in the competition, and along with the KPP in the backline should make the WARRIORS very competitive in the categories of Marks and Score. Watts and Lynch (AD) are two very good half forward types who can hit the scoreboard and can score well across most UF categories. Murdoch wins the last spot in the best 22, but will have to become more consistent to hold his place.

utilities: Ellis, Polec, Whitfield
Utility spots will be used to try and add extra kicks and scoreboard impact into the team, with all three having great potential to be high production outside/ goal kicking players.

squad
backs:
Sutcliffe, Yeo, Thurlow, Gleeson, Jaksch, Lever
Sutcliffe and Yeo could easily find themselves inside the best 22 by the end of season, both very promising young backs with the potential to push up into the midfield. Thurlow and Gleeson are two of the most promising young players at their respective teams, and should have plenty of opportunity in 2015. Jaksch hopefully will have the opportunity to develop into a KPF at Carlton but the backline seems his best bet at the moment. Lever might see some games this year, and has the potential to become a high production defender at some point.

centres: O’Rourke, Stretch, Dawson
O’Rourke will have a hard time getting a game at Hawthorn, but is a quality youngster who should develop into a high production mid. Stretch and Dawson are well rated, with Stretch an outside type and Dawson a utility type who could play straight away if required, most likely across half back.

rucks: Longer, Redden, Gorringe, McKernan
Longer and Redden offer cover for Hickey and Lobbe, while McKernan offers cover for Bellchambers/Carlisle/Daniher. Gorringe is a promising mobile type, who should continue to develop in 2015.

forwards: S.Reid, Lloyd, Broomhead, Crozier, Cameron, Kersten, Kennedy, Garner, Johnson, Shaw
Plenty of options for the future with Reid and Lloyd ready to play now if needed due to match-ups or injuries, with Broomhead, Crozier and Cameron due for breakout seasons on 2015 as half-forward/mids. Hopefully Kersten, Kennedy, Garner and Johnson get more opportunities to play in 2015, and Shaw continues to develop into a future KPF prospect.

~tender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving the article in the Sun saying Kelly looked a class above the rest of the team in their intra club. Shield, Treloar, Ward and Co have got nothing on him.:thumbsu::cool: Last year's top few picks were so strong.

some players have more value in fantasy than in real life, Greene is one of those. If Whitfield and Kelly can reach their potential, wowsers, what a great set of wingers they will have for the next 10 years!

Anyone taken anything of note away from the pre-season games so far? Seems a lot like business as usual for me so far, no one really breaking the mould.

Nothing really unexpected, though I was hoping to see some evidence of players improving/ being internally rated, which has happened, most notably the training reports on Crozier and Macmillan being added to the leadership group at North.

It is all pie in the sky stuff at the moment, but the only 'non-positive' thing that I am aware of currently is an elbow injury to Lloyd, and of course the ASADA issue with Bellchambers and Carlisle..

If you are referring to only the NAB Challenge, nothing really to report. Gaff seemed to be one of the best for WCE yesterday, while apparently Langdon and Kennedy played well for Collingwood on Thursday. Broomhead, Yeo and McGovern all seemed to show a few glimpses, while I was just happy to see Jaksch play after his injury issues. Johnson for Carlton was a sub and didn't see much action.. disappointed that O'Rourke missed his game due to a injury, really keen to see how he goes in 2015.

Nothing really unexpected, though I was hoping to see some evidence of players improving/ being internally rated, which has happened, most notably the training reports on Crozier and Macmillan being added to the leadership group at North.

It is all pie in the sky stuff at the moment, but the only 'non-positive' thing that I am aware of currently is an elbow injury to Lloyd, and of course the ASADA issue with Bellchambers and Carlisle..

If you are referring to only the NAB Challenge, nothing really to report. Gaff seemed to be one of the best for WCE yesterday, while apparently Langdon and Kennedy played well for Collingwood on Thursday. Broomhead, Yeo and McGovern all seemed to show a few glimpses, while I was just happy to see Jaksch play after his injury issues. Johnson for Carlton was a sub and didn't see much action.. disappointed that O'Rourke missed his game due to a injury, really keen to see how he goes in 2015.
Gaff's game would be a really positive for you Tender!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back