Keeper Lg. 2014 List Management Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My depth (and the Doggies depth) looks like it'll be tested this season. Lost one of my best players (and potentially the Doggies best) in Liberatore for what looks like the season and then Hrovat with a suspected punctured lung :/ Really feel for MacKenzie and Liberatore, all the work they must put in, in their prime, and then season potentially over because of a stupid pre-season comp.

My depth (and the Doggies depth) looks like it'll be tested this season. Lost one of my best players (and potentially the Doggies best) in Liberatore for what looks like the season and then Hrovat with a suspected punctured lung :/ Really feel for MacKenzie and Liberatore, all the work they must put in, in their prime, and then season potentially over because of a stupid pre-season comp.
Unrelated league, but i have Liba ine the BFFL and really want to push for a flag this year, i hope this serious injuries stop soon, 2 ACL's in the first 4 NAb games plus Petracca 2 weeks ago doing one :(

Looking at your list Rockford you have Libba covered. Langford, Taylor and Martin sitting on your bench.

Mitch Hallahan doing more than I could have hoped, most promising part onmy preseason so far. Crouch and Adams doing as expected, DeGoey looked good also.

Mitch Hallahan doing more than I could have hoped, most promising part onmy preseason so far. Crouch and Adams doing as expected, DeGoey looked good also.
I was going to post on Hallahan. Great preseason. Could be a premium midfield. Great signs from your squad. Going to be an interesting year. Our league has never been so even, it is great!

I was going to post on Hallahan. Great preseason. Could be a premium midfield. Great signs from your squad. Going to be an interesting year. Our league has never been so even, it is great!
He needs to be an accumulator though because he is behind, Ablett, omeara, Prestia, Bennell and swallow ect

Have made my first FA selection for 2015. Adam Saad welcome to the Warriors!

I might have jumped the gun, but I really liked the look of Adam Saad on the weekend. Saad has apparently already put on several kg's this pre-season and has shown at VFL level that he can win plenty of possessions, and he seems to use it well. His pace and ability to use it is the thing that stood out most though, and I thought he deserved to be named in the 'bests'. He is only a rookie though and GCS have plenty of talent in that area, so he has plenty of work to do. I think he is off to a good start though.

I rate Johnson, so was hard to let him go, but in the end I have plenty of other forward depth, so happy to add another defender to my squad.

Have made my first FA selection for 2015. Adam Saad welcome to the Warriors!

I might have jumped the gun, but I really liked the look of Adam Saad on the weekend. Saad has apparently already put on several kg's this pre-season and has shown at VFL level that he can win plenty of possessions, and he seems to use it well. His pace and ability to use it is the thing that stood out most though, and I thought he deserved to be named in the 'bests'. He is only a rookie though and GCS have plenty of talent in that area, so he has plenty of work to do. He is off to a good start though!

I rate Johnson, so was hard to let him go, but in the end I have plenty of other forward depth, so happy to add another defender to my squad.

I noticed you took him when I logged on to take him :)

lol

That's just it! I wanted to wait to have some more information to go off, but thought that if he is on my radar he is likely to be on somebody else's too!

I take that as a vote of confidence in my selection :p
He played a great game yesterday, don't know how much he ended up with but I only tuned in and out and noticed him a handful of times, ran and carried the ball took the game on. Could be a super pick up.

He played a great game yesterday, don't know how much he ended up with but I only tuned in and out and noticed him a handful of times, ran and carried the ball took the game on. Could be a super pick up.
13 touches (8 kicks, 5 handballs, 2 tackles) in 67% game time, with most of those I am guessing coming in he second half. Not a hugely impressive effort stats wise, but you have to be quick around here to grab a good prospect as a FA!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but you have to be quick around here to grab a good prospect as a FA!
This is too true. With only 5 FAs for the whole season, i like to take my time, think over a player, maybe even sleep on it before i select someone. But you people are animals. The minute someone shows a glimpse of form, bam! Taken!

This is too true. With only 5 FAs for the whole season, i like to take my time, think over a player, maybe even sleep on it before i select someone. But you people are animals. The minute someone shows a glimpse of form, bam! Taken!
I slept on it ;)
Good selection. There's a few I'm keeping my eye on and he was on my shortlist.
Who else is on your short list? :p

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't more tearing out of hair and lamenting of everyone's women that I snagged Amon.

In terms of the decision to pick him up now, I feel like I was correcting a decision made during the draft (and I was pretty sure he'd go during our draft). He was actually top of my list with my last pick but I went with Finlayson as he's likely to keep B/F status as he develops. I'd kept an eye on Amon in the SANFL last year and his last 5-7 games were pretty damn good. He'd had the occasional impact throughout the season but seemed to pull things together as the season reached it's end and became a lot more consistent which is a good sign IMO. All the reports on his character are that he trains hard and wants to challenge himself (another good sign). Then all the bloody preseason press got me really nervous, had been hoping to leave him sitting in FA until I saw him named during the regular season.

His NAB game made the difference. I just expected someone to make the move eventually and I didn't want to miss out like I did with Brad Hill (and I think they could develop in very similar ways). His 15 disposals, 3 marks and a goal are fairly decent stats on their own. That was with 53% time on ground which suggests he's at least capable already of the ocassional 20 touch, 5 mark and 1 goal a game sweet spot (would like some tackles too). More than that though, he looked from what I saw of the game like he belonged at AFL level. His goal was really good I thought. Anyway, just wanted you lot to know it wasn't a decision that hadn't been planned ahead of time, or made because of the pre-season hype. The pre-season hype forced my hand so as to stop him going to a different team, which I probably didn't need to worry about based on no one noticing he's unavailable now :)

Vandenberg is the one that could come back and bite. He could be a premium Centre. Don't see Amon as a premium Centre.

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't more tearing out of hair and lamenting of everyone's women that I snagged Amon.

In terms of the decision to pick him up now, I feel like I was correcting a decision made during the draft (and I was pretty sure he'd go during our draft). He was actually top of my list with my last pick but I went with Finlayson as he's likely to keep B/F status as he develops. I'd kept an eye on Amon in the SANFL last year and his last 5-7 games were pretty damn good. He'd had the occasional impact throughout the season but seemed to pull things together as the season reached it's end and became a lot more consistent which is a good sign IMO. All the reports on his character are that he trains hard and wants to challenge himself (another good sign). Then all the bloody preseason press got me really nervous, had been hoping to leave him sitting in FA until I saw him named during the regular season.

His NAB game made the difference. I just expected someone to make the move eventually and I didn't want to miss out like I did with Brad Hill (and I think they could develop in very similar ways). His 15 disposals, 3 marks and a goal are fairly decent stats on their own. That was with 53% time on ground which suggests he's at least capable already of the ocassional 20 touch, 5 mark and 1 goal a game sweet spot (would like some tackles too). More than that though, he looked from what I saw of the game like he belonged at AFL level. His goal was really good I thought. Anyway, just wanted you lot to know it wasn't a decision that hadn't been planned ahead of time, or made because of the pre-season hype. The pre-season hype forced my hand so as to stop him going to a different team, which I probably didn't need to worry about based on no one noticing he's unavailable now :)

Lol, most of us probably haven't realised that you snagged him. I didn't see the game, had I done so I might have beat you to the punch, but my dilemma is I am not sure who I would delist for another Centre. My 5 'lowest' ranked players (in my opinion) are Garner, Redden, Mckernan, Gorringe and Shaw.

Garner is a highly touted youngster who has missed a year with a very bad hamstring injury, well worth a spot on anybody's list.

Redden is valuable backup to Lobbe, and once fully fit could even challenge for best 22. Like Garner though, missed all of last year with a knee injury.

Mckernan is a bit more iffy, but with ASADA still hanging around worth holding on to. Behind Giles as backup to Bellchambers, but he could also play as a KPF too, as backup for Daniher and Carlisle, so worthy of a list spot - for now.

Gorringe needs to do something soon, has the ability, just needs to get more involved one way or another. Has plenty of talent, and time on his side, so not really a 'delist' option.

That leaves Shaw potentially the most likely delist option for now, but he is tracking okay for a developing KPF entering his 3rd year. Has had a few injuries, and is rumoured to be in Fremantle's sights for next season, where he would certainly have more opportunity to be 'fast-tracked'. Another reason to hang in to him is that I like my tall players with forward potential! But with Lynch, Carlisle, Daniher, Bellchambers, McGovern, Watts, Reid, Jaksch, Gorringe and Mckernan already on my list, could Shaw be considered umm, er, 'excessive'?

Ha its like the perennial "I can't believe he was available at my pick" post. We all build these FA guys up and probably get a little blinded by our hope but the reality is very few actually pay off. Given we all get 5 per year, that's around 70 FA that get picked up and I'd imagine only around 10-20 actually become starters, with maybe 5 becoming really good players (Brad Hill for me springs to mind :) ). Not saying he won't become good for you but he's against the odds which is why I suspect no-one was that disappointed on missing out!

In saying that, Amon was definitely on my radar and I was tossing up between him and Prudden. At the end of the day, I just can't see Amon breaking into that Port side (at least with any decent kind of role), whereas Prudden has been touted as one to step into Libba's midfield role. Will be fun to watch throughout the year but as I said, I'd be surprised if either of them made a big difference for us!

Ha its like the perennial "I can't believe he was available at my pick" post. We all build these FA guys up and probably get a little blinded by our hope but the reality is very few actually pay off. Given we all get 5 per year, that's around 70 FA that get picked up and I'd imagine only around 10-20 actually become starters, with maybe 5 becoming really good players (Brad Hill for me springs to mind :) ). Not saying he won't become good for you but he's against the odds which is why I suspect no-one was that disappointed on missing out!

In saying that, Amon was definitely on my radar and I was tossing up between him and Prudden. At the end of the day, I just can't see Amon breaking into that Port side (at least with any decent kind of role), whereas Prudden has been touted as one to step into Libba's midfield role. Will be fun to watch throughout the year but as I said, I'd be surprised if either of them made a big difference for us!

Very true. I've kept a much closer eye on the FA list since I missed out on Hill though. I see a lot of similarities between Hill and Amon, not just in terms of the way they play or their physical size etc.. but also where Hawthorn's list was in 2012 and where Port's list is now. If Amon plays 5 games this season and goes on to play every game next season then I'd consider that massive overs for a FA list pick up (as I'm sure you have with Hill) ;) It is against the odds, FA selections are long-shot lottery picks but other than Ashby who I picked up last season (and Blicavs before that, and how I would've felt about Whiley except I missed out on him) I haven't had a FA selection that I've felt this good about. As always, I'll wait and see :)

Nicholls was a good FA for me, though injuries have hit hard, which I don’t mind since I traded him to Rockford ;-)

McGovern was my FA pick from last year I am most excited about, in factor think he is the only FA pick up since the start of the league I still have on my list (apart from Saad) which I guess proves Daysy_12 point.

I have traded a few out though, but most have been delisted in order to select other FA choices :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back