mrpez

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Walsh indicating that Reilly O'Brien is a chance to debut in round 1. I'll believe it when i see it, still its not a bad sign!

Daysy_12

Team Captain
Mar 11, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very true. I've kept a much closer eye on the FA list since I missed out on Hill though. I see a lot of similarities between Hill and Amon, not just in terms of the way they play or their physical size etc.. but also where Hawthorn's list was in 2012 and where Port's list is now. If Amon plays 5 games this season and goes on to play every game next season then I'd consider that massive overs for a FA list pick up (as I'm sure you have with Hill) ;) It is against the odds, FA selections are long-shot lottery picks but other than Ashby who I picked up last season (and Blicavs before that, and how I would've felt about Whiley except I missed out on him) I haven't had a FA selection that I've felt this good about. As always, I'll wait and see :)
Yep if you can get a full season out of him you've definitely done well! I don't have a full list of all my FA's, but if I took Hill out I suspect I'd be lucky to get a full season out of all of them together! Our league is just soooooo deep that it really does have to be a complete surprise packet (Hill wasn't rated highly pre-draft, wasn't expected to play early and somewhat of a surprise selection in his first game) and you have to be quick.

It would be interesting to hear everyones thoughts on their best FA pickup! Mine would be Hill and then daylight. The ones I can find are Andrjis Everitt (I think, could have been a trade), Max Duffy, Petrenko, Mitch Brown, Alex Woodward & James Sicily. I've also picked up Corey Gault, Nathan Krakouer and Josh Prudden this year. There are probably a couple more that I've dropped and can't find.

I think of that lot the only one that I'd consider playing right now is Hill and then maybe Everitt!

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Elliott was a great get!

I can't remember them all properly, so someone will have to speak up if I've put one in here incorrectly. I picked up Charlie Cameron and then dropped him back to the FA list where UC picked him up. I believe Charlie Dixon was a FA selection? Blicavs, Ashby, Mitch Grigg and Mark Hutchings were all FA selections for me. Was Ben Brown a FA selection?

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
I picked up Aaron Young, Zac Williams, Angus Litherland and George Burbury at different times from the FA list, all of who I traded in the off-season just gone. I traded Jackson Merrett the previous off-season too after picking up as a FA.

Brad Hill wins the prize for the moment though, especially as he is still with his original team.

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Rampe, Sinclair (who I may delist) and Armstrong (who I may delist) are my only FA that I got that are still on my list. Might have traded others.

Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets
Cunningham, Crisp, Trengove and Ambrose are the ones I can remember.

Cunningham was originally on my list, I delisted and signed him again the season later. Ambrose was used in a trade deal.

Newnes was mine and I traded him for Armstrong :-(

And Rockford set him my way for Luke Brown.

Finally, A trade I clearly won!!!

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Mitch Clark dominated, didn't expect much less, he was a gun in a terrible Melbourne side, now he could win a Coleman he is good enough

mrpez

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
There are many adjectives that i'd love to use to describe Mitch Clark, but i'll hold off given the slight chance that he did genuinely have clinical depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back