Keeper Lg. 2014 List Management Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warriors have made their second Free Agent selection for the seaso.

Delist- Mason Shaw
Select- Tom McDonald

Shaw has been injured over the NAB Challege, which unfortunately did not allow him to cement his place in the Warriors squad. With the arrival of Ryder and Redden now seemingly over his injuries, it was felt that Shaw would have limited opportunities this year and potentially next. Making the decision easier was the addition of talls Daniher, Watts, Reid and McKernan to the Warriors squad over the off-season, giving plenty of options for now and the future.

This leaves space for the Warriors to welcome Tom McDonald to the club. The Warriors have been keeping a close watch on McDonald for several seasons, and it was met with some surprise when he was delisted from mrpez. With off season reports mentioning a potentially more attacking role for McDonald this season, a solid showing in the NAB Challenge was enough to pull the trigger. It is hoped that the Warriors will benefit from his stability in selection and his relatively high possession average for a tall back. His greatest asset will be his potential marking stats, putting McDonald in strong contention for round 1 selection.

Delist: Ben Sinclair
Select: Kamdyn MacIntosh

After watching Ben Sinclair play live tonight I pulled the pin on him. Not a ball winning player and dead set spud. Geez Collingwood were bad tonight, Dogs are not a great team and they were dominated. He won't be in their round one line up.

Macintosh well he is a 192 cm defender/wingman. I had not even considered him last year was injured nearly the entire year, then all of a sudden people on the Richmond boards have been talking him up how well he has gone over the preseason. Come the NAB Cup he has played well in all games and is a selection chance for round 1. I personally hope we do not play him round 1 as still needs a bit of development in the seconds to improve composure. But he has really impressed me. If he plays 50/50 through the back and midfield that would be fantastic. Great disposal of the ball. Was pick 31 in the 2012 draft.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...o-rookie-problem/story-fni5f3gz-1227272764737

Last edited:
Jordie_tackles, good get with Oxley, I think he is a very likely type and I can see him leap-frogging a few of his challengers for a permanent role across halfback.
Yeah I think he is an ok get, Terlich is potatoe, hasn't played a game this year and should be delisted by Roos for te second time. Oxley has been ok for the pies, can kick whic is what they need but isn't fast, fighting it out in a position the pies have a few in though Langdon, Williams, Ramsey, Toovey, scharenberg, Maynard the list is long.

Let's see

Delist: Ben Sinclair
Select: Kamdyn MacIntosh

When I selected McDonald yesterday I debated on whether to go either him or Macintosh, but decided that I was better going somebody who was best 22 for their club as I already have a good selection of youngsters (Saad, Jaksch, Thurlow, Gleeson, Yeo, Sutcliffe etc).

Macintosh looks pretty good, so I was expecting either yourself or flaps to pull the trigger last night :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugger was just about to come online and nab goodes after sleeping on it to see that uc already had....could be good this year in the guts with eligibility as a backman
I gave him strong thought last night as well. Went long term though, could back fire.

What are all your top 3 positives & negatives from the NAB CUP?

Positives:

1. No real injuries to starting 22 (Stewart and Webster sustained injuries but they are more long term prospects anyway)
2. Development of Cripps into what could be a premium player as early as this year. Now a starting centre for Carlton got 32 possessions and a goal yesterday.
3. Improvements in positions of Houli, Suckling and Rampe. In particular Houli and Suckling. Both clubs were running a lot of their plays through them. Of course I watch Houli close, as soon as we are on the rebound he sprints of as quick as he possibly can. I think Rampe also could average 20 possessions. Getting better each year since starting late.

Negatives:

1. Darley didn't really get game time and after being talked up all preseason bit disappointed.
2. Dumont not in best 22 yet. I am not too worried though as to be amongst it he has some stiff competition. Long term prospect.
3. O'Shea is not guaranteed starting 22 spot yet.

A great idea richcogs, here is mine.

Tenderwarriors Top 3

Positives:
Scraping the bottom of the barrel to find any of note, which is not a good start..
1: Unexpected return of Redden for Port Adelaide. A handy depth player, one who I thought may have been finished due to injury
2: The rise of Saad for Gold Coast. Appears likely to be upgraded early on, but if not has shown some promising signs for the future.
3: Um, apart from a serious kidney injury to Thurlow, no major long-term injuries..

Negatives:
1: The putrid form of potential Forward options Reid, Murdoch and Kersten. I needed at least one of them to demand selection, all have failed dismally.
2: The unknown immediate playing future for Bellchambers and Carlisle. Not the best Essendon players facing bans, but very important to my structure and strategy.
3: A few good signs from the likes of youngsters Crozier and Gleeson, but no obvious 'break-out' contenders. A concern, as it is something you would expect from a squad with my demographics.

Positives

Hallahan - looks like he will play, and ontop of tht he could be a future accumulator in a good side.

Frost - shoul play for Melbourne, is a defender and could be dual forward soon too.

Degoey - wanted a tall in the draft, looks like I won't miss out to much with This guy instead.

Special mentions to - Adams, Aish, ceglar, paparone, Sheridan

Negative

My backline - is the worst in the comp and grima got injured

Petracca and Brayshaw, not a big issue but one got injured and the other didn't play a game for Melbourne.....

Freeman and Thomas being 50/50 prospects when I need more from them

Good way to waste a free agency pick!

Had the trigger ready to pull on Jonas from Port, decide i want to drop another player instead and then accidentally select LOGAN instead :(

I've been umming and ahhing over my positives and negatives from the pre-season. This list isn't comprehensive and I'm probably missing something but, in no particular order, here goes:

Positives:
1. Jack Martin probably. Has shown he'll be fantasy relevant and looks to continue with his last round of last season form. Always nice when a former #1 pick produces.
2. Lycett. Has ticked every box and is every part of the Eagles best 22.
3. A few to choose from here. I've had a few of my more marginalised players step up but I'd say the third thing I'm most positive about is the form of Jeremy Cameron. He was a high profile recruit for the Raiders and constant injury saw him well below his expected output. If he goes injury free this year and produces as his preseason form suggests then I think he'll be hard to stop for the Coleman.

Negatives:
1. Liberatore.
2. Mullett. Just recruited him and then he goes and gets a longish term injury.
3. Rookies. It's not too big a negative as I wasn't drafting this season for immediate impact but none of them have done particularly much (Laverde due to injury) during the pre-season. Really, a rookies best chance of playing in his first season is getting a shot during the preseason and showing something that the coaches can consider. I don't think my rookies have done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back