2014 Membership tallies - Final AFL 2014 Tally in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

im sure they would have, as the AFl negotiated both of them.
it will be interesting how the WCE and freo go at the new stadium in WA. they have great stadium deals as Subiaco ATM.
the crows and PA from what we hear just pretty much signed what was put in front of them for the Adelaide oval

It's more that they're both government trusts without other intermediaries.

For those doing the membership ladders, Brisbane's total is now on 24,013, just over 100 behind last year's final figure.

Although, the Lions figures (and I am sure those of other clubs) don't show what percentage of the tally now consists of 3 game memberships. I have a feeling there has been a much bigger decline in full memberships in Brisbane than we really know publicly because of the inclusion of all membership categories in the tally over the last few years.

Are those figures fudged from "one game" memberships? If I go to maybe one game a year if the Dogs come to Perth I wouldn't class that as a membership even if I could, why can people do it when they live in the same damned state??!!

Are those figures fudged from "one game" memberships? If I go to maybe one game a year if the Dogs come to Perth I wouldn't class that as a membership even if I could, why can people do it when they live in the same damned state??!!

There are 98,252 non-access members, and 193,810 reduced access members, so I'd say yes. So long as it's $50 or more, has contact details and a membership pack, it counts.

Must admit, $50 for no access seems odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably to feel like you are supporting and part of the club particularly if live interstate or overseas and can't attend any games.

Sure, but are there really ~100,000 people like that?

Why?

I mean really, on an average weekend, capacity across all games would be maybe 600K. What's the benefit of having 2 members per seat?
In Victoria, the bulk would be home game membership so club members only go to 11 out of the 22 H/A matches. So it's not really 2 members per seat per se.

I think the AFL would be counting on something like this to reach a million members:
Coll 100k
Rich 80k
Ess 80k
Haw 80k
WC 70k (with new stadium)
Adel 70k
Port 60k
Carl 60k
Freo 60k (with new stadium)
Geel 50k
Syd 50k (Buddy factor)
North 50k (Carey-era young fans now adults having families)
Melb 40k (once outside their doldrums)
St K 40k (post-rebuild)
WB 40k (post-rebuild)
Bris 30k (post-rebuild)
GC 20k
GWS 20k

There are a lot of MCC members who buy club non access memberships to support their club. Melbourne has thousands of them and I see your club sells them as well.
im sure Essendon has the most non access members in the league. i assume it is because of playing the 11 games at ethiad and 7 at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back