News 2014 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
2014 Membership is now available from the Fitzroy Football Club.

Download a form from here, or from the Fitzroy Football Club website.

Become a member for 2014 and help Fitzroy on its journey to once again become one of the top football clubs in Victorian football.

Attachments

• FFC Member Form 2014.pdf
    249.4 KB · Views: 56
I have already signed up again as a Gold Lion member.

Fitzroy need all of the help they can get at the moment - so all old / current Fitzroy fans should get on board and buy a membership. I think the Club is struggling a bit with the increased costs of playing in the VAFA Premier B division. Obviously the ultimate goal would be to see Fitzroy make it to the Premier division and be competitive, which will no doubt take a lot of financial support to achieve.

I have always thought that our club has not tapped into its past anywhere near as much as it should have. I personally don't think having home match luncheons is enough, I think the club would be better served also having things like the old Smoke nights that were around at clubs years ago. Hire out the Bowls club on a Friday night, charge $10 bucks at the door and hire a comedian and 2 or 3 old Roys to talk about days gone by, I know I would go and surely we could make $$$ out of it.

If there is one criticism I have & and that is in many ways the FFC as it is a tad cliquey, but still you get that at most footy clubs

I got the 2013 FFC Annual Report in the mail today after paying for my Gold Lion membership about a month ago.

Anyway, Fitzroy lost just over $9,000 this year, after a loss of over $14,000 the year before. So they could really do with support - members and volunteers.

Apparently the Club had just 342 members last year. Surely we can do a fair bit better than that.

Hi guys,

As someone that still feels sorrow about Fitzroy no longer being in the AFL I have a couple of questions and hope you don't mind me intruding...

Out of those membership numbers how many are players? What does the club charge for a social membership?

I'm from a VAFA club but in a much lower division. We make our players pay membership (upwards of $300 per year) as well as charge for them to purchase their own shorts, jumpers, socks, training singlets etc. There's also match day payments made by players to cover the costs of having trainers.

With some knowledge of how clubs in premier divisions operate I would expect that players at Fitzroy aren't made to pay any of these costs leaving the social members to cover the costs? Might be something worth mentioning at the AGM(next year?).

Our club operates at a profit which is put towards televisions for the clubrooms, gym equipment etc. We also charge an entry fee, even for players, to all social functions throughout the year.

At the same time we don't have a sponsor so I suppose it evens out slightly.

Look forward to your reply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back