2014 Moto GP

Remove this Banner Ad

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
MotoGP will retain a 24-bike field for the first year of its revised Factory/Open rules structure in 2014.

The division between prototype and CRT has been abandoned for next season, with 'Factory' or 'Open' status instead decided by whether a team uses its own ECU or the standard version.

Standard ECU equipped Open bikes get 24 litres of fuel per race compared to 20 for Factory teams, and can use 12 engines per season while the Factory bikes are limited to five.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111475

Good luck to Broc, he's a good rider but in the mould of Bryan Staring being a good rider. Racing against the elite and on the worst machinery means he'll unfortunately be tail end charlie.

Almost feel sorry for Broc. Very good rider for a long period and probably sees this as his only way to get to the big time.

Casey should sign with Ducati again and win his second title with them,something Rossi couldn't do once:D

Rossi Out?
Stoner gunning to do something Rossi couldnt. Win the title on 3 different bikes.

Rossi out and Stoner in, Lorenzo off to Honda alongside Marquez replaced by Pol Espargaro, Pedrosa to Suzuki. I've got it all planned out. :thumbsu:
Also, I think I'm right saying that no-one has won the top class with 3 different marques?

Rossi out and Stoner in, Lorenzo off to Honda alongside Marquez replaced by Pol Espargaro, Pedrosa to Suzuki. I've got it all planned out. :thumbsu:
Also, I think I'm right saying that no-one has won the top class with 3 different marques?

Lorenzo and Marquez on the team. Not sure if thatll work.

I think you are right. Thats what i thought when i wrote just Rossi but wasnt sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So keen for this, very hopefully the Duc this season is a good bike, would love to see how Crutchlow goes on a bike he doesn't have to ride to the limit to keep up with the leader Hondas

Not really sure where to post this and thought here was as gooder place as any.

Are any of you familiar with the show Motor Mate on 7Mate??

Today they had one called simply French GP.
I watched it and it was actually "Best Bike Battles" French Gp. They showed the full coverage of the 1988 French Grand Prix. Lawson Gardner Rainey Schwantz Mamola etc all featuring. Was great to re live some of those guys.

Had a quick look through and it looks as if similar will be on over the coming days, Hungarian Dutch and a couple of others being shown. Its usually on 7Mate somewhere between 12pm and 2pm depending on the day.

Looking forward to seeing how testing kicks off in Sepang tomorrow! Should be a much more competitive year now with CRT scrapped and the introduction of the open class category. Always fun to see how the rookies go! Scott Reddings first run on his new prod Honda bike in 100% fitness so should be interesting to see what type of lap times he can produce and Pol was already pretty quick in the first test in Valencia. Super pumped for Moto3 this year as well with Miller on arguably the best bike and should be right in the hunt for the title with Rins, Marquez and Kent. My dark horses for Moto3 are Fenati and Antonelli.

Yeah saw that! Strange decision. As much as we all loved him and were devastated by his death i'm not so sure about Marco being inducted as a legend. Although he did win the 250cc title in 2008 so he is a World Champion!
So does that mean every 250cc Champ should be inducted ?
Heaps of Moto GP Champs aren't in it.

So does that mean every 250cc Champ should be inducted ?
Heaps of Moto GP Champs aren't in it.
No it doesn't. I don't think we will see Moto2 champ Toni Elias inducted anytime soon. Was just trying to come up with some form of reasoning but it doesn't really stick. I'm a bit confused as to why they are doing it.

I dont like it. I get that people who go before their time have almost a mythical like aura about them but sometimes it goes too far. Name an award or rising star trophy after him instead.