2014 Moto GP

Remove this Banner Ad

Rins was also a major factor in Alex Marquez winning the title. Miller hasn't had a teammate of his quality.

Rins actually did Miller significantly favours mid season, pinching a couple of wins from Marquez. Miller did have Danny Kent as a teammate in different colours. Was certainly helpful in Sepang, almost a big help today.

Well, maybe like that. I don't think Pedrosa has been offensive like littleMark* has been.

*I want to write AM as a reference to Marquez, but we've got a poster named AM!

Yeah, I'm just talking careers not personality. Pedrosa had the superior record heading into MotoGP, no one rates him higher than Stoner now.

He was having a laugh with Luthi about it,which he could afford to do as he wrapped up the title weeks ago

Luthi's reaction was priceless. Couldn't have been more surprised if he was told the last round was winner take all and he was now the champ!

Whilst the season is now over, there's no rest for the wicked (except Marc Marquez!) as they begin testing tonite. I'm really excited to see how Miller goes. He'll only have this years Honda customer bike but his end of the year has dispelled any concerns I had (which weren't many) about his direct move to MotoGP and I think he'll prove very fast. He's a mammoth talent. I'm almost as excited about Maverick Vinales and Scott Redding on factory bikes too. The new order is on it's way.

Miller needs to learn fast, its a massive jump up in speed alone. Still think its a big mistake to go this early but I would love to be proved wrong.

Millers first run out on a MotoGP bike saw him end the day 3.6 seconds behind Lorenzo who was fastest. I was slightly disappointed with this til I saw that to help him learn the bike and not go for lap times, he was running without anti-wheelie or traction control. Couple that with him being on the uncompetitive 2014 RCV1000R and not the drastically updated 2015 model and it's actually quite a solid start for him. Also, he did a mammoth 71 laps in the 5 hour test session! :eek:
Aleix Espargaro was impressively only 1.4 seconds behind Lorenzo on his Suzuki and Vinales only a second further adrift which is particularly good as, similar to Miller, he was running without electronic help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other MotoGP TV news, Dorna commentator Gregory Haines will be switching to World Superbikes in 2015, where he will provide the world feed commentary alongside Steve Day. Haines did a good job as replacement for Gavin Emmett (who moved to BT Sport) alongside Nick Harris in MotoGP this year, with Dylan Gray providing pitlane commentary and technical analysis.
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/212421/1/motogp-pay-tv-something-we-must-face.html

Bugger,I thought this guy was good