Toast 2014 National Draft, pick #31 - welcome to Hawthorn Daniel Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Howe was named in the back pocket for the TAC Cup All Australian team.

He was good enough to be picked in the best 18 at TAC level, possibly sliding into one of a number of possies (due to versatility) but slotted at back pocket. That says he has the talent to belong, now he just has to bring it. :thumbsu:

Another BFG Mock:

Dan Howe
Murray Bushrangers
Height: 191 cm
Weight: 84 kg
Position: Utility
Player comparison: Louis Herbert
Strengths: High flyer, run and carry, goal kicking, versatile
Areas needing improvement: Inbetween size.
Lol, comparing Daniel to a guy taken in last year's rookie draft.

I liked the feedback on how Daniel can improve too.

Seriously, who writes these things?

What a debut beautiful kick Beautiful mark beautiful handball only one quarter I know but WOW what he showed was our recruiters got it right there were a couple of other player we could have gone for at our pick but I'm glad we went for Howe..
A couple more pre seasons to get a bigger body and bigger engine and can you imagine him running through the midfield like our very own Mundy like midfielder..Even though we are at the top of the ladder and are getting latter picks we keep getting it right which means we will be continually pushing for Priemierships. It's a good time to be a Hawthorn supporter go Hawks and go Howe I hope we see him a few more times this year...

Anyone know how competitive/aggressive he is?
Def has both those attributes. Always stands up for teammates in push and shoves too. Actually reminds me a bit of Gary Ayres in that when he tackles they stay tackled.

Def has both those attributes. Always stands up for teammates in push and shoves too. Actually reminds me a bit of Gary Ayres in that when he tackles they stay tackled.

If Daniel get be half as good as Ayres, we have a beauty on our hands. Hope this kid continues to improve because i can see him as one of the elite midfielders of the competition in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good decision maker 1:13 or so in the highlights demonstrates that , was under pressure but still hit a target up the ground from a rushed kick . I think he has a pretty big future and internally I feel the club has high hopes seems to have a great attitude also . Few people were dissapointed we didn't take Blakely he has been solid for peel but I thought he would have done better considering he already had senior wafl experience and didn't show nearly as much as howe when he got a chance with Freo , he also seems to be only able to play inside mid and lacks versatility unlike howe so I think we have done well

It will be interesting to see how age related fatigue is managed with our older players this year. They just didn't seem to need much time out of the game (Hodge suspension may have helped him a bit) in 2015.

We need to make top 4, as you do every year. But I wonder if Clarko might start to mix it up more this year with Howe, Hartung, O'Rourke, Anderson (if we can convince him to stay) and Litherland. You could almost certainly throw in Brand, Heatherly, the Boot and Obrien in there as well.

There aren't enough spots for everyone, but there are going to be spots. Injury just happens, and those 3 spaces are there to be grabbed.

Depending on opponent, he has a shot at Lake and Suckling's spot.

2016 is the year for Hartung, Howe, Brand, O'Rourke, and Litherland to step up. And Anderson if he stays.

I dont think Sicily has much chance, outside of injury.

Why do you say that?

Thought Sicily showed a bit when he played this year.

Why do you say that?

Thought Sicily showed a bit when he played this year.

I dont see our forward line changing much. I think Clarko is very happy with Gunston, Schoey, Breust, Rioli, Poppy and having Roughie, Hodge, Smith, Burgoyne, Hill and a few others running through.

Not sure where Sicily fits in there, outside of injuries.

That said, he may well get a few more games this year if players are rested. Poppy would be the most under the gun out of the forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back