Toast 2014 National Draft, pick #31 - welcome to Hawthorn Daniel Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Repeating myself from the autopsy thread. Is anyone else really enjoying Howe's progress this year? What he currently lacks in a bit of polish he is more than making up for in endeavour and going hard at the footy. Really excited about this kid.

Repeating myself from the autopsy thread. Is anyone else really enjoying Howe's progress this year? What he currently lacks in a bit of polish he is more than making up for in endeavour and going hard at the footy. Really excited about this kid.

Me me the progress is real and awesome. :thumbsu:

Showed a fair bit tonight. Would love if he could be a bit more clean with the footy - less fumbles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a really smart footballer. I have been on him since the start and rate him highly. Others will come around soon enough.

Get another 30 games into him and people will see this kid has got the goods

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rated him very highly based on what he demonstrated at Box Hill a few years ago. Clarko trusted him with a big job last night and he got it done with a minimum of fuss and also managed to contribute to Hawthorn's offence through his clearance work.

I doubt he will get to the Fyfe or Mundy level but he is going to be a very solid player for Hawthorn for quite some time.

Did you not catch his chase down on Cameron?

He has a decent turn of speed.

He had about a 20m headstart on him and just got a fingernail on him. Nearly dacked him too.

Amazing effort I was scratching my head at how that was possible.

Just goes to show how strong he was to be able to pull him down.

He had about a 20m headstart on him and just got a fingernail on him. Nearly dacked him too.

Amazing effort I was scratching my head at how that was possible.

Just goes to show how strong he was to be able to pull him down.

The dacking was funny - my wife was upset that he didn't do a better job at it.

The dacking was funny - my wife was upset that he didn't do a better job at it.
Come on, now, be honest.
That is like 'just asking for a friend'.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

What do you think the protocol is on saying things to players when you see them out and about? Have seen Howe out and about a few times on Swan Street, so I assume he lives nearby. I'd be keen on giving him a simple "great game" if I saw him again but you never know how much of that they would appreciate or just feel awkward about. With all the crap players cop on social media etc - would be nice to give them some encouragement but you don't want to invade their privacy.

Howe's pretty low profile. He'd probably be chuffed to be recognised on the street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back