Toast 2014 National Draft, pick #49 - Welcome to Hawthorn Teia Miles

Remove this Banner Ad

So Teia has been told to explore other opportunities? Article up on AFL.com

Thought he came in and did very well this year, definitely went past Doc. Then with Doc having a medical at Swans, I thought Miles would be circled to have a big preseason and fight for that spot

Not so.....
Wow. That’s quite surprising if true. I’d be seriously disappointed if we held on to Doc at the expense of Miles; I thought he came along in leaps and bounds this year. It seems like the hawks are being fairly ruthless in their player assessments in terms of what we need going forward. Wright & co. have the runs on the board though (with a few major exceptions) so I look forward to seeing what they conjure up.

Keep persisting with glass, has speed to burn and kicks the ball well. Like Nash, still trying to work out the nuances of the game
And CJ possibly

Only reason to trade him is if he is the last piece of the puzzle to get a big fish... was fantastic this year imo and it would be a real shame to see him traded if the reports are true

Must be confident in getting at least 2 more years out of Birchall, with Glass, CJ developing. Unless we plan on picking up a HBF in trade period or at the draft.

And CJ possibly

CJ's ability to close distance and spoil has been hugely impressive.

His ability to mark and take the game on too, we've done well to get him as a rookie pick. Has tricks and speed to burn.

Keep persisting with glass, has speed to burn and kicks the ball well. Like Nash, still trying to work out the nuances of the game
Something else is up.

CJ and Glass are promising but not playing AFL standard yet. Miles would probably sign a two-year extension on peanuts. Just doesn't make sense, we can't bank on Birchall taking that spot back after two seasons out. I hope this is being misreported.

Think his stocks are high atm... I went from start of the year having him as delist to now being quite upset we dont want him... funny how s**t works.

But yes as others have said, if he is a circuit breaker to get a Shiel over the line. We do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was finally finding his place in the seniors. Sad thing is, even if a club really wants him he’s not going to command a high price in terms of a trade.

Hope we hold onto him. Really enjoyed watching him, and have to love those players that have done the VFL grind for a few years and forced their way in to the main squad

Cj has showed signs but is still miles away from afl standard. His kicking and decision making needs alot of work.
Disposal, in general, needs a lot of work. But you can't fault his endeavour.

Impey permanently? Moore or Hanrahan to be given opportunities as small Forward?

Birchall breaks zones with his kicking.

Glass to have another preseason?
That’s actually what I was thinking. Chuck Impey down there

To add: He is brave which is a both a fault and a strength but f*** it I love when he takes it on

Last edited:
No point trading him. Would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder, or clubs get in his ear and take him as a DFA.

We must have some bigger grand plan behind this, but I can't see it yet.

He must be the steak knives in a potential big deal. Only fringe player other clubs would actually take a look at that isn't a FA/delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back