thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
Did what he needed too and contributed , I think he has got some ability but still a few years off being full time AFL ready

wizzard400

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I thought Pittonet was colossal against Williamstown. Seemed a bit lost last he played at AFL level but he does appear to have the tools. Would be disappointed if he doesn't start getting more games next year.
I think that's down to the fact that he just simply hasn't played enough AFL games, you're right in that he have the tools but considering he would've done his 50 game apprenticeship in the VFL by now I think we'll start to see him a lot more in the senior side next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sicily

Senior List
Aug 5, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought Pittonet was colossal against Williamstown. Seemed a bit lost last he played at AFL level but he does appear to have the tools. Would be disappointed if he doesn't start getting more games next year.
Was very solid all day against an experienced opponent.

Saw red after being dumped in a tackle and played like a man possessed until the red mist cleared - how do we get him to play with that level of aggression for the entire game as it made a huge difference to his clearance work ?

Frankston Rover

Academy Award Winner
Nov 25, 2005
In the thick of it
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Packers-Spurs-Melbourne City
Was very solid all day against an experienced opponent.

Saw red after being dumped in a tackle and played like a man possessed until the red mist cleared - how do we get him to play with that level of aggression for the entire game as it made a huge difference to his clearance work ?
mp.jpg

rogiebear93

Premiership Player
May 17, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Needs to somehow learn to jump or he will always struggle at AFL level, let's hope I am wrong.
I don't recall Shane Mumford jumping too many times in his career, if he can carve out a career like that I think he'll make it.

They've got a similar style of play, both can't really take a mark but punish blokes at ground level. That's the mold he needs to fit.

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bayswater
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
I don't recall Shane Mumford jumping too many times in his career, if he can carve out a career like that I think he'll make it.

They've got a similar style of play, both can't really take a mark but punish blokes at ground level. That's the mold he needs to fit.
Yeah that's the only way, but Shane Mumford was the most brutal player I've seen play the game in the last 10 years.

daniel23

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Way to slow and doesnt have mcevoy like endurance to at least compensate that. Really think he will struggle to make the grade he would be one of the least athletic rickman on an AFL list atm.

SSSSSS

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination
Close to BOG in the VFL grand final. Would have named him BOG myself but Mirra got the honours.

Dominated in the air. Crunched them in the clinches.

Has a lot of work to do but I think he can make it. If he doesn't it wont be for a lack of trying. Gives it his all.

Top Bottom