Toast 2014 National Draft, pick #50 - Welcome to the Hawks Marc Pittonet

wizzard400

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Close to BOG in the VFL grand final. Would have named him BOG myself but Mirra got the honours.

Dominated in the air. Crunched them in the clinches.

Has a lot of work to do but I think he can make it. If he doesn't it wont be for a lack of trying. Gives it his all.
Came here to post this. Close to 60 hitouts today, was unstoppable in the ruck, easily could've got the Norm Goss.

He's getting there. Slowly but surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rogiebear93

Premiership Player
May 17, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Needs some games, look what Grundy is doing at 24, mind you Pies force fed him games and he'd played over 50 senior games by Pitts age.
I compared him to Grundy early on in this thread. Grundy two years older and with the benefit of having played a lot more senior footy, not saying Pitts would be the same calibre of footy player but it's clear all that is standing in the way of him and being a solid AFL ruck is the opportunity.

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
I compared him to Grundy early on in this thread. Grundy two years older and with the benefit of having played a lot more senior footy, not saying Pitts would be the same calibre of footy player but it's clear all that is standing in the way of him and being a solid AFL ruck is the opportunity.
Yeah, I'm not saying he can be like Grundy just that we'd want to start getting senior games into him soon.
You need 50-100 as a ruck in general before you really start playing to your potential

robs_drunk

All Australian
Apr 14, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Time to trade on ceglar while he's got currency of sorts

pitto gets game time and we start on the next one at vfl level.

Hes a genuine ruckman with a fairly good tank and understanding of the game it time for AFL challengers he's not going to learn much more in the vfl

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Amazing that he's played 68 VFL games now. Expect to see some gains in the seniors next year.
Yep, everyone matures at their own pace, think after this preseason he's ready for a block of games to see where he is at.
His biggest issue getting senior games at the moment is his forward craft.

Top Bottom