Toast 2014 National Draft, pick #50 - Welcome to the Hawks Marc Pittonet

Welcome Marc

Ruckman who is highly competitive and aggressive in the contest and directs the ball well at stoppages. Has good skill set, including his overhead marking. Covers the ground well and represented Vic Metro in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 11 disposals, five marks, three tackles and a goal at 81 per cent efficiency in two matches. Averaged 12 touches at TAC Cup level in 12 games. Finished equal-second in the clean hands test (25/30) at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-16/draft-prospect-mark-pittonet

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperV10

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Colorado Avs
Having watched his highlights package on the AFL website I must say I do like his taps to advantage and his ability to hit the ball at maximum stretch at centre bounces (I.e. he seems to read the ball very well and hit it at the peak moment). Welcome aboard Marc.

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very impressive and huge unit. Turn him into a forward with those hands. How is he for pace?

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can he jump or is he a lumbering type? Seems like he could eventually go forward? Michael Gardiner?

HawkintheTuarts

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wolves, Flyers
Well we need a ruckman now that two failures (at ruck for us) are gone. He was clearly the best rated of the pure tap ruckman (not including Wright here) so it's good he's at the club. He will take that depth project spot that say, Lowden was taking, and then when Hale retires and Ceglar takes his spot, he will move up a rung and may get a game or two if/when Cegs or Big Boy are injured.

But I must say, feel disappointed here. Apparently the club were always going to pick a ruckman in the Rookie, so I don't get why that plan had to change in order to grab this bloke, or change our plans from whoever pick 50 was going to be. Time will prove whether this is founded or not, so just have to wait and see.

Back