Toast 2014 National Draft, pick #50 - Welcome to the Hawks Marc Pittonet

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished 4th overall in the Liston Medal tonight. Fair effort for the big man!
Great stuff.

Does he have a spot in the side with McEvoy playing also?

I'd think he needs to improve his forward craft for that to happen. Potentially some currency in a trade

But not Hawks?

Definitely at the Hawks, I just can't see McEvoy handing over the mantle for another couple of years. We know Clarko rates versatility which Pitto doesn't have a lot of, so it's either replace McEvoy or bust. If he stays with the club to that point and eventually takes over that'd be fantastic but you wouldn't blame a young man for chasing opportunity.

He would immediately soften the blow of losing Mumford for GWS, for example. To go up there and develop with Mumford as his ruck coach, after having Monkey for so long, he would complement their game perfectly.

Very good effort for a big guy to finish that high up, I'd be more than happy to keep him on the list considering he is still only 23. Suppose it may depend on what happens with Ceglar

Got to keep him. Improving each year. Big blokes take longer. Not sure why so many people are out of patience with him. Big Boy might be done at the end of next year who knows. The longer the apprenticeship Pitto does the more rounded player he will be when he plays regular AFL.

I rate Pittonet. Still quite young but dominates the ruck at VFL level. His second efforts at stoppages gets overlooked a bit. I'd be surprised if we traded him out at the end of the year.

Very good effort for a big guy to finish that high up, I'd be more than happy to keep him on the list considering he is still only 23. Suppose it may depend on what happens with Ceglar

If the club Pitt as first ruck potential, then I reckon we will have to let go of either McEvoy or by the end of the 2020 trade period. Cant see Pitt hanging around to be 3rd banana for more than another 12 months.

Showed that he has taken another step in the couple of senior games he played this year.
Having invested the time into his development, would be a shame to let him go now, unless the club considers his peak is not first ruck standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the club Pitt as first ruck potential, then I reckon we will have to let go of either McEvoy or by the end of the 2020 trade period. Cant see Pitt hanging around to be 3rd banana for more than another 12 months.

Showed that he has taken another step in the couple of senior games he played this year.
Having invested the time into his development, would be a shame to let him go now, unless the club considers his peak is not first ruck standard.

Yeah, it's an interesting situation. Still many questions to be answered, which we will get the answers to in time. If big Pitts can keep upping his game as he has the last couple of seasons, who knows what the future holds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back