Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say same ability. There a reason why sheringham played more senior games.
He also had more seasons unlike Schroeder. now I'm starting to think we delisted more than our fair share to remove "dead weight" for next year when scott pulls The pin on 3 older players

Did you like Prismall Turbo
Mind if I reply to that too?
When he played that final v Saints in 08, I thought he finally fitted in ; he looked the goods and I really believe if he had remained fit, would have helped us a lot in the GF. Not meant to be, and as usual, he did not hurt us at his new club.

Did you like Prismall Turbo

I guess I would say he the type that I thought could develop given a chance and luck but he also was not an obvious star young kid. We have had plenty of those types , occasionally they go on and become , mostly they fall short cause other players with more to offer come into the club and go past them.
To a degree GHS is like that now , he has something to offer but he deficiencies may end up costing him if he can't become very good at what he is best at. Prismall looked a nice kick but lacked pace imo.

Prismall waited a while for his chance , seemed a bit impatient for the waiting yet just when he seemed to break in, injured himself. Geelong offered a contract yet he took the chance to take a bigger one and to go elsewhere. Fair enough I guess , everyone has the right to take care of their own pocket but not much loyalty. Still Geelong won from it. They moved on , got a late pick ..a bit like the 21 for Chistensen..a bit light underweight compensation .... and used it to draft Motlop

I guess I would say he the type that I thought could develop given a chance and luck but he also was not an obvious star young kid. We have had plenty of those types , occasionally they go on and become , mostly they fall short cause other players with more to offer come into the club and go past them.
To a degree GHS is like that now , he has something to offer but he deficiencies may end up costing him if he can't become very good at what he is best at. Prismall looked a nice kick but lacked pace imo.

Prismall waited a while for his chance , seemed a bit impatient for the waiting yet just when he seemed to break in, injured himself. Geelong offered a contract yet he took the chance to take a bigger one and to go elsewhere. Fair enough I guess , everyone has the right to take care of their own pocket but not much loyalty. Still Geelong won from it. They moved on , got a late pick ..a bit like the 21 for Chistensen..a bit light underweight compensation .... and used it to draft Motlop
Didn't know we got Motlop from it that just makes everything better

Good points.
I seem to recall Buddha Hocking anointing the young Prismall, even saying he would wear the number proudly. IIRC, there was a bit of expectation that he would be a silky skilled tough mid with more time than it appeared. As you said, that ACL was tragic timing for him, as I'm certain he was to be in the 08 GF.There were fears we could lose him BEFORE the ACL, and some thought he'd be a safe bet to stay at Geelong after that injury- after all, which team "poaches" a player with an ACL? That's my memory of his situation anyway.
He never really made it again after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True. The selection committee liked him more. Doesn't mean they were right. Schroder is also a fair bit younger, and actually was a better player in the VFL too. Can't do much more than that.
Younger yes better I wouldn't say so, shez could play back, middle or forward could schredder? So that's why I would say he plAyed more senior games and that's why I'm saying he is better.

It appears that the AFL are listening to their fans, after all :)
Free admission for U15 kids to Sunday games in Melbourne.
Price freeze on GA tickets.
$2.50 fee for online transactions- down from $7.

Good! About bloody time the rip-offs stopped!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...icketing-changes/story-fni5f22o-1227160342471
Just back from the Melbourne Derby A- League game. 27,000 people creating an atmosphere more electric than an AFL game with 87,000!
I can see why the world game is so popular, and you hardly need to score in some games and yet the tension/atmosphere is amazing.
Not cheap ticketing though.

Brad hartman has been charged with a leaving a scene of an accident via GeelongCats website

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

"We are disappointed and frustrated that Brad has been involved in this incident and believe there have been too many motoring related issues with our players in recent years," Geelong CEO Brian Cook said.
So Billie Selfie Smedts, Dawson drinkdriver Simpson and now this , and there have been even more in the past .. .

Clipped a parked car. Hardly running down grandmothers in cold blood.

Brad hartman has been charged with a leaving a scene of an accident via GeelongCats website

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

At least it looks like the grog was not an issue here.
And it seems a fairly minor incident.

Clipped a parked car. Hardly running down grandmothers in cold blood.

But I am sure that if we try real hard we can build up some self righteous rage about the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back