Remove this Banner Ad

topgossip

Debutant
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Hobart
Big year ahead in the NTFA with new teams in both divisions and most teams advertising for coaches. Already some news out with Brian Finch appointed at OL's. Heaps of rumuors about coaching and player moves and who's being paid what. Will Rocher' continue their dominance of Div 1? Can Hillwood take another step towards being a real force in the comp? Will Fingal find a coach? Will they even field a team next year. Will South's Bulldogs be competitive assuming they can find enough players?

did hear aaron viney is coaching south, so i would think all the south blokes that went to roacha will go back which will leave a bit of a hole. also clint johnson moving away.

did hear aaron viney is coaching south, so i would think all the south blokes that went to roacha will go back which will leave a bit of a hole. also clint johnson moving away.

Apparently Josh Holton going back to Lilydale as coach and will take one or two with him. Perth looking at someone else from Rocha as playing coach. Might be a few holes in the tigers line-up to fill!

you have to love the silly season and the rumours. why would fingal not field a team?
i have heard of rory mansell to evandale aswell as heath fox, routledge has put in for the coaching job again and requested he finds out asap because scottsdale pies are after him too.
obviously wickham and j savage to tamar and also alex bresner.
i wonder what meander will have, didnt win the flag in leven so couldnt be too strong.
also jade elmer to be head of football at south and willing to play if short along with a few older ex players like the likes of drew alexander and pages etc.

you have to love the silly season and the rumours. why would fingal not field a team?
i have heard of rory mansell to evandale aswell as heath fox, routledge has put in for the coaching job again and requested he finds out asap because scottsdale pies are after him too.
obviously wickham and j savage to tamar and also alex bresner.
i wonder what meander will have, didnt win the flag in leven so couldnt be too strong.
also jade elmer to be head of football at south and willing to play if short along with a few older ex players like the likes of drew alexander and pages etc.

That was one of the sillier rumuors that started before last season finished.
Mansell to Evandale was something I had heard the other week, although i did hear yesterday he may be headed elsewhere. Wickham to Tamar was raised last season as well and another source confirmed to me this morning that it was a definite for next season.
Can't see Meander doing well at all. If anything it will mean Perth won't be at the bottom. I stuill can't see where they are going to get enough players from to fill two sides.
Jade Elmer, Drew and the Page boys might have a few years on them since they last played but they are all still fit and can play. Will certainly make sure that South are a competitve unit. I did wonder if we'll see Jock Dean back in the bulldogs jumper as well.

Wickam on $1000 a game and wont spend a dime at the club, not sure about Sav but i would expect around the $500 mark, a lot of money to waste not to win many games. only have to see last two teams to spend a packet finish second when will clubs start to realise you cant buy a flag, its all about the $$$ for them players not playing as part of a team..

That was one of the sillier rumuors that started before last season finished.
Mansell to Evandale was something I had heard the other week, although i did hear yesterday he may be headed elsewhere. Wickham to Tamar was raised last season as well and another source confirmed to me this morning that it was a definite for next season.
Can't see Meander doing well at all. If anything it will mean Perth won't be at the bottom. I stuill can't see where they are going to get enough players from to fill two sides.
Jade Elmer, Drew and the Page boys might have a few years on them since they last played but they are all still fit and can play. Will certainly make sure that South are a competitve unit. I did wonder if we'll see Jock Dean back in the bulldogs jumper as well.

Jade Elmer and co would all be over 40 by the time the season rolls around so the chances of seeing them play are virtually nil if u take into account there work etc, reckon a lot of clubs may struggle to get enough players to start with especially with 2 teams coming into the league. Also if Josh Holton is heading to the Demons the Wickham may be back at Rockapes, just a theory

I agree airseattle think they would be better off trying to hang onto as many of the current group and keep the younger guys azzy viney will do a great job. Wickham is confirmed at the cats and the whisper is rory mansell will take on deloraine. danny hall is playing coach of south prospect and will get a big shock at life without wayne kirby. I think mick routledge would be ideal at scottsdale he did a good job with evandale when they were terrible but would reckon the eagles will fight hard to keep him as all reports are the players love playing for him. josh holten will lift lilydale back up the top as he's a real target. Whats happening at hillwood and gtown?

If rumours are correct and Aaron Viney is to coach South they are already on the right track. Top footballer and sure to attract good quality players to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Dan Ellis
If this is true, which I have my doubts, this is a great pick up from the club. I'm no longer with the Thistles due to a move interstate a couple of years ago but still keep a keen eye on how they're going. I remember playing with a 15 year old Dan Ellis and his old man when we were short in the 2's against Campbell Town. His old man, who must have been 50 at the time was BOG for us and Daniel was a close second I reckon.

Looks like the club is being run as well as it ever has and next to no player turn over apart from retirements which shows what having a good culture can do.

Anyway, wishing all clubs well in 2014.

How far Old Scotch in 2014 then.
Have to agree, way things are moving the NTFA may be better of just having one league of 20 teams and 19 rounds and find who the true premier is. Standard between the two divisions may be bugger all with both divisions being a case of the have's and have not's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back