2014 NTFA Season

Remove this Banner Ad

leb16

Senior List
Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
heard from an someone involved with the tamar v suns game and that there were quite a few "dirty" acts happening.
wickham leading with his elbows also kicked 6 in the first 10 mins.
danny bennett tagged savage and pinching him all day.
josh bennet did his ankle bad

Love_Grove

Debutant
Sep 27, 2012
Tasmania
AFL Club
Collingwood
From all reports the Sharks had about 6 quality players out and played terrible Football! Hillwood still a top 3 Team at this early stage!
How much have Scottsdale improved is the question?

While it might seem far fetched Scottsdale could possibly play finals this year. If they can win most of their games at the fortress over the sidling and get 2-4 wins away it could happen.

Jan 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
heard from an someone involved with the tamar v suns game and that there were quite a few "dirty" acts happening.
wickham leading with his elbows also kicked 6 in the first 10 mins.
danny bennett tagged savage and pinching him all day.
josh bennet did his ankle bad

By the sounds of it wickham had all 6 backman on him at times! as for danny bennett tagging someone is laughable! did here savage twinged his hammy early and only played the first qtr!

Jan 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
While it might seem far fetched Scottsdale could possibly play finals this year. If they can win most of their games at the fortress over the sidling and get 2-4 wins away it could happen.

I think that 4th and 5th spot will be a tough one to claim! with scottsdale,longford,delcity and rocher all evenly matched! not sure about bracknell,they got close to longford at the weekend!

leb16

Senior List
Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
By the sounds of it wickham had all 6 backman on him at times! as for danny bennett tagging someone is laughable! did here savage twinged his hammy early and only played the first qtr!
he did it in the 3rd im pretty sure, was evenly matched between the two apparently. maybe the hammy may have been the reason

leb16

Senior List
Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think that 4th and 5th spot will be a tough one to claim! with scottsdale,longford,delcity and rocher all evenly matched! not sure about bracknell,they got close to longford at the weekend!
i dont reckon scottsdale will be quite up to the longfords, dels and rockapes.

Love_Grove

Debutant
Sep 27, 2012
Tasmania
AFL Club
Collingwood
i dont reckon scottsdale will be quite up to the longfords, dels and rockapes.

it will be interesting to see this weekend exactly how much Deloraine have improved

Also are South exceptionally good or are George Town going to be very poor?

The Voice of Sport

Senior List
Mar 19, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
it will be interesting to see this weekend exactly how much Deloraine have improved

Went out to watch Deloraine are they are going to go ok, pretty strong across the ground and could be a potent forward line. Young Larby looks like he can play and could dominate the weaker defensive sides, pretty strong in the contest for a young fella.

Very interested in the Div.2 comp, and will be interesting to see how St Pats and Fingal go today, I reckon they both will be thereabouts come the pointy end of the season. I know it is only early but looking at the scores it would appear there are 3 or 4 good sides and the rest will get belted. Not sure about Tamar yet, want to see them against a decent opposition.

Scotch dished out a lesson to Evandale, haven't they dropped off pretty quickly, money must have dried out, never works.. Scotch have some quality new players from all accounts. Perth are going to be in for a very very long year, and I am interested to see if OL's can make the finals, I think they can and may cause an upset or two.

Uncle Bully

Draftee
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Went out to watch Deloraine are they are going to go ok, pretty strong across the ground and could be a potent forward line. Young Larby looks like he can play and could dominate the weaker defensive sides, pretty strong in the contest for a young fella.

Very interested in the Div.2 comp, and will be interesting to see how St Pats and Fingal go today, I reckon they both will be thereabouts come the pointy end of the season. I know it is only early but looking at the scores it would appear there are 3 or 4 good sides and the rest will get belted. Not sure about Tamar yet, want to see them against a decent opposition.

Scotch dished out a lesson to Evandale, haven't they dropped off pretty quickly, money must have dried out, never works.. Scotch have some quality new players from all accounts. Perth are going to be in for a very very long year, and I am interested to see if OL's can make the finals, I think they can and may cause an upset or two.
i went out and watched the game aswel, deloraine are going to be more then ok, thinking anything less then top 3 will be a big surprise!!
still got a few quality players to come back in by the sounds of it and some key players didnt have an impact on the game.
rumour has it that things arent great at the rockapes with coach philpot yet to be seen around the club due to commitments with the western storm, pretty poor on his and rocherleas behalf if that is the case!!
sounds like the hillwood longford game was spiteful, apparently one of the price boys king hit a young bloke from the sharks behind play breaking his jaw and only got 6 weeks with 2 suspended. the ntfa need to be harder considering the young bloke will more then likely miss more then price!!

Uncle Bully

Draftee
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Also are South exceptionally good or are George Town going to be very poor?
i think it is a bit of both, i cant see south being beaten this year. apparently lack height but they have a midfield that will dominate any other team!
gtown sound like they are finally hitiing rock bottom. after all those years of success it time to rebuild boys, its a pity no one went down with the sinking ship!

FearTheRoo

Draftee
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i think it is a bit of both, i cant see south being beaten this year. apparently lack height but they have a midfield that will dominate any other team!
gtown sound like they are finally hitiing rock bottom. after all those years of success it time to rebuild boys, its a pity no one went down with the sinking ship!
Yes it is a shame Uncle Bully..Blokes like Mountney, Noble and Whitmore was very quick to move out once things werent looking too good! Whitmore went to Gtown for what was supposed to be a couple of years thinking was going to win a premiership but BANG! straight out the door he goes! Weak as water Whitmore!!! As for Mountney...GERM!!! Took on the coaching job thinking had a ready made team then BANG out the door he goes when things go bad...Off to the South band wagon he goes! GERM

FearTheRoo

Draftee
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i went out and watched the game aswel, deloraine are going to be more then ok, thinking anything less then top 3 will be a big surprise!!
still got a few quality players to come back in by the sounds of it and some key players didnt have an impact on the game.
rumour has it that things arent great at the rockapes with coach philpot yet to be seen around the club due to commitments with the western storm, pretty poor on his and rocherleas behalf if that is the case!!
sounds like the hillwood longford game was spiteful, apparently one of the price boys king hit a young bloke from the sharks behind play breaking his jaw and only got 6 weeks with 2 suspended. the ntfa need to be harder considering the young bloke will more then likely miss more then price!!
Whats this? Rocherlea??? Whats going on there..surely not..thats disgraceful Rocherlea and Phillpott!!
The NTFA need to harden up and give these thugs what they deserve..Maybe should watch the Danny Green add! more weeks are needed for this attrocious behaviour!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lennys my boy

Draftee
Apr 11, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I agree uncle bully the ntfa need to seriously look at their stance on king hits, I was talking with a person who was watching the cats vs lilydale game and one of the cats boys got king hit and knocked out, he got a bad concussion and has to go to the doctor for daily checks and will miss at least this weeks game. It was seen and reported by the umpire and was sent to the tribunal.
Beacause the Lilydale player and the umpire didnt go to the tribunal he was given a set penalty of two weeks going off the umpires report, the cats asked about an appeal and the ntfa's response was it's going to cost you $500.
Its seems the ntfa doesn't take this to seriously, with all the publicity on one punch king hits you might actually think they would go out of their way to stop this from happening, not charging clubs because the ntfa cant get it right the first time.

leb16

Senior List
Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree uncle bully the ntfa need to seriously look at their stance on king hits, I was talking with a person who was watching the cats vs lilydale game and one of the cats boys got king hit and knocked out, he got a bad concussion and has to go to the doctor for daily checks and will miss at least this weeks game. It was seen and reported by the umpire and was sent to the tribunal.
Beacause the Lilydale player and the umpire didnt go to the tribunal he was given a set penalty of two weeks going off the umpires report, the cats asked about an appeal and the ntfa's response was it's going to cost you $500.
Its seems the ntfa doesn't take this to seriously, with all the publicity on one punch king hits you might actually think they would go out of their way to stop this from happening, not charging clubs because the ntfa cant get it right the first time.
the NTFA have said to take the set penalty so it saves them sitting a tribunal and if any wants to go to the tribunal then will more then likely double the penalty because its wasting thier time. its an absolue joke, especially when you have umpires like d robson who lose control of the game easily and will throw the book at anyone for anything to try and get power. and anderson is a useless fat prick

The Voice of Sport

Senior List
Mar 19, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tribunal for the NTFA is a joke, always has been, always will be unless they get rid of some of the old fogeys that run the place.

Saw Old Scotch dismantle the new blokes on the weekend even with about 6 players out apparently, I reckon records could be broken when they play Perth.

I think it is time for a promotion/relegation competition between the two grades, because there is a clear difference between the good sides and the bad ones. Looking at both comps and there are going to be some stronger teams that are just going to annihilate some weaker ones. In division two, Fingal, St Pats and Old Scotch seem a step above the others who at this stage seem to be making up the numbers, same in Div 1. How good would it be if these teams could test themselves against the better Div 1 sides.

The under 19's is the issue no doubt, so do you get rid of it or run it as a stand alone competition? Not sure how it could work but time for some change I would have thought.

The Big H

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2004
Launnie
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Yes it is a shame Uncle Bully..Blokes like Mountney, Noble and Whitmore was very quick to move out once things werent looking too good! Whitmore went to Gtown for what was supposed to be a couple of years thinking was going to win a premiership but BANG! straight out the door he goes! Weak as water Whitmore!!! As for Mountney...GERM!!! Took on the coaching job thinking had a ready made team then BANG out the door he goes when things go bad...Off to the South band wagon he goes! GERM
Mountney has a long history of leaving teams mid stride to go to a team where he thinks he'll win a premiership.

topgossip

Debutant
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Hobart
Tribunal for the NTFA is a joke, always has been, always will be unless they get rid of some of the old fogeys that run the place.

Saw Old Scotch dismantle the new blokes on the weekend even with about 6 players out apparently, I reckon records could be broken when they play Perth.

I think it is time for a promotion/relegation competition between the two grades, because there is a clear difference between the good sides and the bad ones. Looking at both comps and there are going to be some stronger teams that are just going to annihilate some weaker ones. In division two, Fingal, St Pats and Old Scotch seem a step above the others who at this stage seem to be making up the numbers, same in Div 1. How good would it be if these teams could test themselves against the better Div 1 sides.

The under 19's is the issue no doubt, so do you get rid of it or run it as a stand alone competition? Not sure how it could work but time for some change I would have thought.

Given the trouble most teams have had in fielding three sides this year, I can see dropping the u19's being a topic for discussion at the of the year.

Perth should forfeit the game against Old Scotch now. Old Scotch don't need the extra percentage boost. The way they are playing, Old Scotch would beat most div one sides apart from maybe Bridgenorth and South.

leb16

Senior List
Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
has anyone else heard that kent wright has chucked it in at tamar, wickham has or is going to bnorth?

blues1411

Debutant
Nov 15, 2010
Mowbray
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
North Launceston
Resigned on Thursday Night! Big Loss for them, Has done a s**t load of work. Any one know what is going on up there?

topgossip

Debutant
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Hobart
has anyone else heard that kent wright has chucked it in at tamar, wickham has or is going to bnorth?

I heard last week that Wickham was going to Bridgenorth. There's nothing in the system yet though. Obviously some problems up there.

Tigerstorm

Draftee
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok, lets try to get somewhere near the truth. Before people mouth off about clubs and people inside those clubs, you should get the facts and the reasons why some people do what they do. From what I know both clubs (Rocherlea & Western Storm) are happy with the arrangement that was put in place earlier this year. This will be Philpotts 7th year at Rocherlea and possible his last, Rocherlea are aware of this and are also aware that he has an interest in state league footy. The Western Storm were after another set of eyes to help out on the bench, and are happy to use him when he is available. The Rocherlea Football Club is his no1 priority for the 2014 season.
As for the NTFA they have some real challenges ahead, the reporting system and the tribunal are a mess. Players getting away with murder while others get long sentences for basically nothing, the NTFA have over 400k in the bank and what do they do with it ?? Its now time to video all senior games div 1 & 2, get rid of the dicks who sit on the tribunal and get some footy people involved, ex players to watch the game every Sunday or Monday night and site any thing they deem not right. This will tidy up our great game and hopefully keep our kids coming into the local comps.
The TFC is a bigger joke and rep footy is basically dead and buried Launceston side of Deloraine, are the NTFA really here for the betterment of football or just some private school stiffs hiding behind the old school tie drinking free BOAGS at the NTCA ground. New faces please for the NTFA board for the 2015 season before it really turns to s**t and before we lose clubs who have held this comp up for years.

airseattle

Debutant
Jan 27, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
It's Ok to ask for change but do you want to see change. The reporting system you may not like but where are you going to find the extra people to video 22 games each weekend if doing all 3 grades in Div 1 and 2 grades in div 2. most clubs have hard enough time getting timekeepers,scoreboard operators, Goal and Boundary umpires and all other jobs let alone video games. Tribunal can only give sentences on the evidence given, i believe a player just got 21 weeks for threatening an umpire during and after a game, is that to harsh or not. What you have got to remember is that there are 20 clubs all with their agendas and maybe the clubs need to have a look at themselves and how they are run

The Voice of Sport

Senior List
Mar 19, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ok, lets try to get somewhere near the truth. Before people mouth off about clubs and people inside those clubs, you should get the facts and the reasons why some people do what they do. From what I know both clubs (Rocherlea & Western Storm) are happy with the arrangement that was put in place earlier this year. This will be Philpotts 7th year at Rocherlea and possible his last, Rocherlea are aware of this and are also aware that he has an interest in state league footy. The Western Storm were after another set of eyes to help out on the bench, and are happy to use him when he is available. The Rocherlea Football Club is his no1 priority for the 2014 season.
As for the NTFA they have some real challenges ahead, the reporting system and the tribunal are a mess. Players getting away with murder while others get long sentences for basically nothing, the NTFA have over 400k in the bank and what do they do with it ?? Its now time to video all senior games div 1 & 2, get rid of the dicks who sit on the tribunal and get some footy people involved, ex players to watch the game every Sunday or Monday night and site any thing they deem not right. This will tidy up our great game and hopefully keep our kids coming into the local comps.
The TFC is a bigger joke and rep footy is basically dead and buried Launceston side of Deloraine, are the NTFA really here for the betterment of football or just some private school stiffs hiding behind the old school tie drinking free BOAGS at the NTCA ground. New faces please for the NTFA board for the 2015 season before it really turns to s**t and before we lose clubs who have held this comp up for years.

Couldn't agree more with regards to the reporting system and tribunal being a mess, but not sure what the answer is. I believe those that sit on the tribunal are lawyers around town who probably don't get paid for their work and do it for nothing, I wouldn't exactly call them dicks. I think they have a fair idea on what is bullshit and what isn't and do a reasonable job considering the lack of support they receive. I don't think this is the problem.

Umpires don't want to make reports as they don't want to attend a tribunal on a Monday/Tuesday night, and there is an issue with the set penalties as players take these when the should be getting a lot more weeks for what they do, the Tamar incident a few weeks back a perfect example.

I am not sure where you are getting your funding information from but I would be extremely surprised if the NTFA was sitting on a cask kitty of $400k, I call bullshit on that stat... And I can't see them taping all game of both divisions, you are talking about recording over a dozen games of footy a week, who is going to offer their services for this when we can't even get umpires to help out in a paid role?

What we need are the clubs to take responsibility and weed out the type of players who play this way, the umpires to make the tough calls if they see something and not be persecuted, the set penalties to be higher in order to send out a message, and the tribunal to back them up to the hilt if anything is challenged.

Your snipe on 'private school stiffs' isn't warranted, but agree that some fresh blood on the NTFA board wouldn't go astray. Those on it have been there too long and maybe they need to look at a maximum term of 6 years on the board.

Another issue is the gap between the have's and the have not's is widening and obvious in the 2nd Division where we have 3 standout clubs (from what I see from the results anyway), a couple a tier below that and then the rest including some that just cannot compete. Scores such as that of Wynard's last week are not good for the game, heaven help Perth when they come up against Fingal, St Pats and Scotch...

Back