Mod. Notice 2014 player sponsorship drive

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in previous years, it would be fantastic if the Box Hill Hawks BigFooty Board could raise sufficient funds to sponsor at least one VFL-listed player playing with the Box Hill Hawks.

Like previous years, there are two levels of sponsorship. Silver level sponsorship, for $400 (inclusive of GST), means that the sponsor receives the following benefits:

1. Two (2) Adult Box Hill Hawks Season Memberships
2. Your business name under the sponsored player’s image on the interactive display at club functions
3. One ticket to a President's Luncheon at a home game of your choice
4. Ability to purchase additional President's Luncheon tickets at $65 (reduced from $70)
5. Invitation Sponsors Function at end of 2014 with players and staff
6. Your very own signed and framed photo of the sponsored player for display at your work place or home

Gold level sponsorship, for $650 (inclusive of GST), means that the sponsor receives the same benefits, and the additional money goes towards paying the player's apparel expenses.

We have a surplus from previous years' sponsorship of, if memory serves, $20 or thereabouts.

The way the sponsorship drive will operate is in the following stages:

1. If you wish to contribute to the sponsorship, please reply to this thread, indicating the number of units (worth $20 each) you intend to pledge to the sponsorship.
2. Once we reach the right amount, we will decide on which player(s) we would like to sponsor.
3. Money is deposited into the BigFooty account used for player sponsorships.
4. The sponsorship is paid.

In order to fairly allocate the sponsorship benefits, the more units you pledge, the more "tickets" you have in the benefits draw. Accordingly, if you have pledged one unit, then you receive one ticket. If you pledge five units, you receive five tickets.

In addition to being in the running for such benefits, we will arrange for each sponsor to sport a shiny sponsorship badge similar to the sponsorship badges in previous years. Further, I believe (subject to confirmation from the powers that be) that if you contribute $50 to the sponsorship, then you receive a BigFooty Gold subscription for 12 months, and if you contribute $100 to the sponsorship, you receive a BigFooty Platinum subscription for 12 months.

Well, the drive is open now, much earlier than last year. It's up to everyone to pledge and pay. People don't pledge and pay, then no sponsorship. I'm monitoring the thread closely, so I'll strive to keep delays from my end to a minimum.

We have 11 units pledged to date, with the season starting tomorrow fortnight. I'm happy to chip in a unit (maybe more, seeing how we go), so we're down to eight units required.

Six units left to go but we're in mid-May.

We don't have the units pledged within a week, I'll close the drive and we won't sponsor anyone this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Due to a lack of sufficient pledges, we won't be proceeding with the player sponsorship this year. Those that pledged units, thanks for your pledges but it seems there isn't the interest this year, so no need to follow through with the pledges.

We'll try again next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back