2014 QAFL | Page 55 | BigFooty

2014 QAFL

Discussion in 'Queensland Footy' started by Sir G, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Nunez

Nunez Norm Smith Medallist

Brisbane Lions
    Still rate Tom? ;)

smy1305 likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Pea Nut

Pea Nut Norm Smith Medallist

Adelaide
    LOL Nice bump.

smy1305 and Nunez like this.
  3. smy1305

smy1305 Premiership Player

Gold Coast
    haha - you have trolled back through to this thread!! :)

I rate him massively and yep, he's picked up a bit of coverage today for sure. Be really interesting to see how it pans out for him. Now that I'm involved with Caloundra I would be even happier to see him buddy up with Hipwood in the Lions seniors in 2019. be great for our footy club to have 2 juniors running around at AFL level in the same team. Caloundra already has more players than any other club on the coast playing AFL footy, Tommy would just be another.. :)

BTW - the big "old style" ruckman I was referring to was Crossley. Have had 2 boys from this U15 group debut so far with a possible couple of others to come in 2018. Reasonable hit rate.

Nunez likes this.
  4. Nunez

Nunez Norm Smith Medallist

Brisbane Lions
    Did a quick search of his name to see if I could find any old draft footage and stumbled on this thread. Quite the interesting read, especially in hindsight.

There's a photo of the under 15s AA team he was involved with and Crossley was there. To my surprise he didn't look like an old tough guy without the moustache ;)

Really keen to see how Tom goes. What position do you see him playing? From what I've seen of his basketball he's very agile. Not quite Hipwood, but if he is a good forward how could any team handle two agile 200 cm forwards? I will enjoy speculating on his potential!

5. smy1305

smy1305 Premiership Player

Gold Coast
    Think he will be a key position at either end but probably fwd. he possibly could play ruck at 200cm and I’m sure he can still jump. Looking fwd to seeing how he goes.

Nunez likes this.