2014 QFA Northern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Luke Faulkner for winning the Duncanson Medal and Shaun Daly 2nd, Caleb Brown 4th. Luke winning leading leading goalkicker with 122 goals. Congrats to the Maroochy boys Hayden Smoothy for the Ressies B&F and Weuffen for the goalkicking great work

:D
And Percy Roberts from Maroochy who finished 3rd I think. Was a good night. Any truth to the rumour that the mayne table was "cut off" during the night?

Well done to Faulks, thought Daly might get him - but nice to see a key forward being rewarded for a dominant season.

Well deserved medal.

Anyone go to the games yesterday? Anything to report? Both big wins. What were the games like?
Roos 8 points down, two minutes into last qtr. The big guns for Maroochy fired but ran out of legs. Kedron very very silky skills, prob best in comp. can take it up to noosa next week in my opinion.

Don't know what happened to Kedron today. Were not in the game from about 15 mins into the 1st qtr. On a day and ground that should have suited their style they never looked like it. None of their guns fired. 7 scoring shots tells the tale. I expected a much closer contest. Credit to Noosa they were by far the better team and could have had the game over at qtr time. Can Noosa beat Mayne? Recent history says no, Mayne have won the last 5 encounters, however its on the day that matters most!

Don't know what happened to Kedron today. Were not in the game from about 15 mins into the 1st qtr. On a day and ground that should have suited their style they never looked like it. None of their guns fired. 7 scoring shots tells the tale. I expected a much closer contest. Credit to Noosa they were by far the better team and could have had the game over at qtr time. Can Noosa beat Mayne? Recent history says no, Mayne have won the last 5 encounters, however its on the day that matters most!
Kedron were patchy all year and got found out when it really mattered those so called names, were soft as butter....Resting guys in the final round vs Mayne what undeserved arrogance...Don't think they wanted it enough...I'm sorry if that offends but all that was heard all year is when Kedron get the best team (has beens) back they will be dangerous blah blah blah...Good to see Kedron improve as a club this season but they were never contenders...Noosa have the hardness and grand final experience to test Mayne for sure it will be a cracking game...Lets hope the umps let em get out and play and don't get trigger happy on the whistle...

Thats a bit harsh tigerhawk, I think Kedron did quite well considering 1st year in a new comp. They put some good performances against Noosa and Maroochy their round 1 match against us was only a 40 point Kedron loss . Finishing 3rd and making prelim I congratrulate them.
On different note my nerves have gone sky high for the GF!!!! Cant wait to watch.... Go Mayne!

4 teams from 2013 Div 1 playing in QFA.

Funnily enough, same 4 teams contesting the 2 GF's in QFA.

Never realised just how big the gap was between the old Piney/AP Cup and Division 2, but its quite significant.

I can tell you what happened to Kedron..............Noosa were extremely well coached from the coaches box! :)

4 teams from 2013 Div 1 playing in QFA.

Funnily enough, same 4 teams contesting the 2 GF's in QFA.

Never realised just how big the gap was between the old Piney/AP Cup and Division 2, but its quite significant.

Yes and 3 out of the 4 didn't even make finals in AP Cup last year. Springwood being the exception.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for GF? Mine Mayne by 3 goals I Hope.......... going to be a tough tight game.

Last edited:
the mighty mayne tigers haven't played in a gf for 29 long years and they lost that gf on the last kick of the day. it's their year and i believe they will win on saturday. us former juniors have been waiting a long tiime for this to happen. the club has been through hell and back. mighty mick nolan will be guiding you home

3 red cards will be dished out on saturday

Yeah reckon it could be a reasonably tough game too damo. Terrible post tiger hawk, kedron came from div 2, have spent the year getting blokes in and out from the army which would be disruptive and still managed to finish 3rd to 2 sides that are very good sides. Reckon mayne will win with a close 1st half followed by a blow out. Last game for a few noosa boys?

Not sure how a tea towel and a pair of marraccas could cause a significant injury, but tough way to miss a Grand Final.

Found form in the 4th. Mayne 16-11-107 Noosa 10-15-75
Tough 3 qtrs where Noosa had Mayne's measure, maybe this where the week off might of come in handy had the legs in the last. Mayne has done this before to Noosa with the big finish. Go mayne broke a 32 year drought and condolences and well done to Noosa for putting up a good fight . Sure made me swallow my heart for 3 qtrs....

Last edited:
Tough 3 qtr where Noosa had Mayn'e measure, maybe this where the week off might of come in handy had the legs in the last. Mayne has done this before to Noosa with the big finish. Go mayne broke a 32 year drought and condolences and well done to Noosa for putting up a good fight . Sure made me swallow my sleave for 3 qtrs....

Cracking game, top effort by Noosa, Mayne had to work hard for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back