2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Record rainfall would lead to record consumption of alcohol with Silly Sunday/Mad Mondays extended for many clubs!!

Yeah right cheers mate didn't know that.

Fair bit of talk about record rainfall the next 4 days. We would hate to see all games washed out and points shared. "Insert sarcasm here"

If the rain comes as predicted would be very difficult for yeronga to kick the 84 goals I've predicted.

It's amazing we have 22 in the reserves this week someone must of told them that it was silly Sunday this week lol
We actually have our strongest team in the 1's this week we've had all year so will have a crack. Last game we got nothing to lose and hopefully it buckets down haha

As I no the club had some issues getting scores up last week - Robina have beaten springwood seniors by about 20 points.

Yes, unreal to knock off the unbeaten/dominant side.I don't know how wet it was at Robina, but could Robina do it again in the dry.????
See Fults got 4 goals, but the website says hes on 79, still haven't added the 9 he kicked against Alex Hills the other week. so his tally should be 88 . Is this correct?

mate not 100% sure on fults tally - im sure he has a pretty good idea tho!

look it was wet but both teams had to play in it - probably the first full 4 qtr effort the boys have put together. That says means nothing if we don't fire a shot next week against Burleigh.

who would have thought .23% would decide ladder spots!

Any significant outs from Springwood, or is rain the kryptonite?

Happy to be proved wrong, I didn't think anyone would get near Springwood.

Robina was very impressive in heavy conditions.
Springwood tried to play fancy dry weather football while Robina played to the conditions alot better which got them a tough win. Very physical game with both sides not taking a back step.
I still think Springwood is the team to beat in dry conditions. But anything can happen in finals.. so glad to see the comp is now wide open.
Did see an ugly incident in which a former AFL bad boy (won't name names) was upto his old tricks. An unsavoury biting incident this time. Not sure what will come of it but maybe Springwood will be down one prime mover come next week.

Soutar played 2's so if anything says they were pretty strong.
Saw a springwood player get carded but was zero talk from our boys about any sort of biting. Not saying it didn't happen just that if it was significant I'm sure we would have put a complaint in to the league.

We were more worried about Burleigh "finding" an extra goal from the weekend to change % hahaha (firmly tongue in cheek).

Congrats to borto for ur 2's as well. Saw a pic of hawk from last night / today and he looked in all sorts of trouble haha

They were going in thick and fast at times, but there was an QAFL goal umpire who checked scores with me when I did my time as goal umpire....

Went along to see Burleigh vs Robina.

Good hard contest, plenty of niggle. Burleigh probably a touch on the 'dirtier' side, but Robina were no angels.

I think I saw at least 4 yellow cards, and at one point - the Burleigh runner actually put a bump on the Robina half back flanker - not sure how that can go unpunished?!

From what I've heard though, I wish I had gone back to Yeronga again, sounds like the Kenmore/Yeronga game was an absolute belter - can anyone give a report?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some similar questions to what we asked qafl.

4 cards - 3 robina 1 Burleigh also hard to comprehend but we move on to kenmore who knocked out the in form yeronga.

I heard yeronga had a kick after the siren and was touched on the line - fair effort to come back from 3 goals down at 3/4 time!

Yes, my understanding is that Plummer's height was very useful after the siren.

Robina every right to be dissapointed with the officiating, although in general play I thought umpiring was solid - they just didn't handle the niggle well at all.

Knowing Foz, reckon kenmore would be pretty well coached. Sounds like the finals time action will be pretty interesting in both conferences.

robina gave as much if not more cheap shots than they got . the better side won on the day .

robina gave as much if not more cheap shots than they got . the better side won on the day .

Did their runner put any hits on like the Burleigh bloke did? Unacceptable behaviour.

Well done to Danny Wise on winning the medal last night, nice to add a fresh one to put next to his Grogan!

16 matches. Times in best, 16.

Useful player!

I have had some requests of blokes wanting to know if they polled any votes. Does anyone know if AFLQ have put the list up somewhere?

Yeah I was keen to see if I got 3 Votes for our 100+ loss to Robina this year. I was very good at watching the ball sail over my head!

There is no specific reason, but AFLQ have always refused to release the round by round votes in all divisions.

Been going on for years, and it still annoys people. I'm sure is some absurd reason created by some pencil pusher a decade ago, but its never been communicated to anyone.

If I was still a player and I picked up 5 or 6 odd votes, I would really like to know when I got them.

There is no specific reason, but AFLQ have always refused to release the round by round votes in all divisions.

Been going on for years, and it still annoys people. I'm sure is some absurd reason created by some pencil pusher a decade ago, but its never been communicated to anyone.

If I was still a player and I picked up 5 or 6 odd votes, I would really like to know when I got them.
I agree. Would be great to know but I can't see AFLQ doing anything about it sadly.

Would think aflq would just be able to post the PowerPoint presentation as a link for each league on the website.

Divo if u do that, I'll write ur previews so u don't have the bears, devils, gorillas and demons all mentioned in the same game!

I asked this specific question today.

Response was that they don't like to give out round by rounds results, because it leads to the inevitable 'he had 40 that week, umpire X has it in for him'

Also, in some leagues where club umpires are present - they don't like doing it then either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back