2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the Kenmore vs Burleigh game.

Thought it would be closer, but Burleigh just clinical in their dismissal of the Kenmore side, who appeared tired after a couple of big clashes in previous 2 weeks.

Danny Wise a jet, just too good.

Tips for GF mine is Springwood in a close one by 12 goals

Well Puma's come up with the goods as expected 1st off congrats well deserved, gee the score line could of been ugly for Burleigh if they were accurate. The ressies congrats to Springwood again must of been a cracker of a game!!

Well Puma's come up with the goods as expected 1st off congrats well deserved, gee the score line could of been ugly for Burleigh if they were accurate. The ressies congrats to Springwood again must of been a cracker of a game!!

The ressies was indeed a cracker of a game, see sawed all day and good sklls and intensity for that level. Played in good spirits too. The seniors was pretty much all Springwood they controlled it all day and could have/should have won by plenty. Hats off to Burleigh though they had a crack and never threw it in. Got a bit ugly in the last quarter with a few incidents but apart from that it was a well spirited game too. Some stuff going on as the Pumas players left the ground at half time, from members of the Burleigh supporters, was a bit ordinary but no dramas after that.

congrats to Lenny and his crew - still pretty average now the hangovers have started to fade that we have to deal with being 7 points up with 45 seconds to play and getting dusted.

From what i understand Lenny u made a pretty selfless decision so props for that.

great effort by burleigh to come from winless last year to play in a GF.

time to focus on Vegas - no one there is going to question it when we tell them we won the comp hahaha

will be involved as part of the 10 year reunion I believe - imagine he would be pretty handy out of the square with Sully!

congrats to Lenny and his crew - still pretty average now the hangovers have started to fade that we have to deal with being 7 points up with 45 seconds to play and getting dusted.

From what i understand Lenny u made a pretty selfless decision so props for that.

great effort by burleigh to come from winless last year to play in a GF.

time to focus on Vegas - no one there is going to question it when we tell them we won the comp hahaha
45 seconds to go AND the ball down the other end of the ground!!!!! Sorry Brother of Chunk but it really was quite incredible. All Puma fans thought it was over when that point dribbled through to put you up by 7!!. Funny old game. And yes Lenny a true legend, one of the great GF stories.

45 seconds to go AND the ball down the other end of the ground!!!!! Sorry Brother of Chunk but it really was quite incredible. All Puma fans thought it was over when that point dribbled through to put you up by 7!!. Funny old game. And yes Lenny a true legend, one of the great GF stories.

Buyip we could talk about this for hours - we already have!!!!

yeah I kicked the point and have to admit I thought it had got us home - hindsight if it goes out of bounds we get another stoppage etc etc

should we have locked down better in the middle? all questions everyone of us has gone through a million times but plenty of moments throughout the 4 qtrs both teams no doubt would like again.

would have been interesting if it was a draw - goal umpire I asked didnt know whether it was extra time or a replay next week- can imagine that would have been fun getting an official ruling on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ta. Sucks but less so than playing, being no good and losing by a kick.

I'm still not quite sure how we got up. That ******* ball just kept rolling and when it went through I couldn't see a way.

Great day obviously and the body hurts from three massive days but worth it for us. It's amazing how different everything would be if the umpire calls play on to probably a 70/30 call.

FWIW we were told back next week. As I said to our boys just needed 5 or 6 more of those and I'd be right to come back :D

Ta. Sucks but less so than playing, being no good and losing by a kick.

I'm still not quite sure how we got up. That ******* ball just kept rolling and when it went through I couldn't see a way.

Great day obviously and the body hurts from three massive days but worth it for us. It's amazing how different everything would be if the umpire calls play on to probably a 70/30 call.

FWIW we were told back next week. As I said to our boys just needed 5 or 6 more of those and I'd be right to come back :D

Yeah I had visions of grandeur of a running bounce and then slotting it from 45 when i saw the contest was under it - but the old 75 mongrel almost got it done!!

really liked the way the umpired the 8 or 9 minutes of congestion on the wing just letting it go - most of our boys have said that free kick was there - im not going to pot the umpires as like i said 100 minutes of play there were plenty of opportunities for us to change the result - actually im joking - WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE OUTCOME ALL ABOUT U - just call play on and im a retired premiership player!!!

cant bring ourselves to watch the dvd - and would suspect its going to be a while yet!

Oh im sure there were probably plenty of technical free kicks in there both ways!

Gee they put the holding the ball decision away for the day didnt they? cpl of the ones they did actually pay were a bit wtf - but overall thought they did a pretty good job.... well until the last 15 seconds obviously!!

i was standing in the square up the other end - how far out was bridge's kick? I just remember the whistle going and knowing we were done - i didnt even watch it.

Oh im sure there were probably plenty of technical free kicks in there both ways!

Gee they put the holding the ball decision away for the day didnt they? cpl of the ones they did actually pay were a bit wtf - but overall thought they did a pretty good job.... well until the last 15 seconds obviously!!

i was standing in the square up the other end - how far out was bridge's kick? I just remember the whistle going and knowing we were done - i didnt even watch it.

He'll tell you he was 80 (it will be growing by about 10 metres every day) but it was about 30, 45 degrees, no gimme , especially under pressure like that, but most full forwards should kick those 9/10 times.

yeah right - i only found out yesterday that the free kick was even stiffer seeing we had the footy at the time and was a holding the man off the ball situation.

so its 1 all for kicks after the siren to decide the game - there's obviously a double or nothing decider scheduled isn't there? hahaha

yeah right - i only found out yesterday that the free kick was even stiffer seeing we had the footy at the time and was a holding the man off the ball situation.

so its 1 all for kicks after the siren to decide the game - there's obviously a double or nothing decider scheduled isn't there? hahaha
The free kick happened right in front of me and technically it was definitely there but I have seen lot's worse not paid, and given how the play was left to go in that last 10 minutes, rightly or wrongly, it was a courageous call! The right one in my opinion. Put it this way if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Robina in Springwoods position you would want that free kick paid and be pretty dissappointed if it wasn't. I know it doesn't make it any easier but that shouldn't detract though from what was a ripper game of footy. I think I would rather get belted by a hundred in a GF than lose in the last seconds like that. Having been in that same position as you as a coach I know exactly what you are going through.

Maroochydore Australian Football Club - QFA (North) Competition
The Maroochydore Roos are currently seeking expressions of interest for the following coaching positions:
  • Senior Assistant / Development Coaches 2015
  • Reserve Grade Coach 2015
  • Reserve Grade Assistant Coach 2015
  • Colts/U19 Coach 2015
  • Colts/U19 Assistant Coach 2015
All interested applicants should forward a letter of "Expression of Interest" accompanied by your coaching credentials to Brendan Mason, Football Manager, Maroochydore AFC (coach@maroochydoreroos.com)

For any further information please contact Brendan directly on 0439 434 223.

All Expression of interest must be received no later than 10/10/2014

Any word on anything exciting in this comp? Will Springwood cover the loss of Hooper and Proud (if he is actually leaving)? Any other movements?

Any word on anything exciting in this comp? Will Springwood cover the loss of Hooper and Proud (if he is actually leaving)? Any other movements?

Geez, they were so far ahead of the other sides this year, loosing Hooper and Proud, wont hurt them at all in terms of remaining competitive.

Geez, they were so far ahead of the other sides this year, loosing Hooper and Proud, wont hurt them at all in terms of remaining competitive.

Didn't mean in terms of staying competitive. They will obviously be a good side again, will those loses bring them closer to the field I guess I was saying...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back