Some pre-seaon goss:
  • Hamilton brothers signed at Moyston
  • Glen lost White brothers to Cavendish or somewhere like that
  • Penshurst lost both Everalls and McCormick to WDFL
  • Tatyoon has Cameron return with 2 mates
  • Ex-Bunningyong coach coaching either Rovers or Bolac
  • Chatfield coaching Hawksdale

Coaches and news?

Bolac: J Gilbert, what happened to Wilco after taking them to a premiership?
Ararat Eagles: No Stasse, coach? Recruited any?
Rovers: no Cahir, coach? Marshall returning from Beaufort and Geary from Terang.
Taty building again, Williamson from Ararat and Cameron back, as mentioned.
Penshurst, coach not popular?

Any recruiting news?

Coaches and news?

Bolac: J Gilbert, what happened to Wilco after taking them to a premiership?
Ararat Eagles: No Stasse, coach? Recruited any?
Rovers: no Cahir, coach? Marshall returning from Beaufort and Geary from Terang.
Taty building again, Williamson from Ararat and Cameron back, as mentioned.
Penshurst, coach not popular?

Any recruiting news?

Joey Carmody from Bungaree coaching SMW Rovers.

1. Hawkesdale picked-up 3 more players from Russel's Creek.
  2. Worndoo's coach is Ross Taylor, first year at the club last year, and they have picked up Heath Maloney from the Hampden league.
  3. Ararat have some very good inclusions, players returing from long term injuries, players returning to the club and juniors from thier premiership side-some positives signs.
Could be a very even and interesting year.

A few clubs seem to be recruiting well, Taty, Hawkesdale and Woorndoo. Really hope Woorndoo can improve this year, Dodger and his few helpers deserve some better times.
Whats the go with the U16.5s
Sounds like a struggle for a few clubs.

Truth to Glen/Dunk having majority of their U/16 flag winners from 5/6/7 years ago back? e.g. Wishart, Mcloed, and Ferguson? Was some quality among them when was coaching them back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Year with Moyston accounting for Tatyoon comfortably.

Joshua Pianta is expected to leave Moyston/Willaura after being dropped from the side for darwin import Jamie Elder.

The three Butler players are reported to split with Peter looking at more senior options in the VAFA. No news on the other two.

Ararat Eagles have a new coach (LIam Baker) interesting to see how they go, however it seems they are set for another season as cellar dwellars

Great western to struggle in season 2015. Not sure what they were thinking when appointing andy bach as coach im sure the great western boys will be in for a rude shock I think. I see they have only recruited a couple of 2s players that played at swifts. I don't think they have the coin or facilities to attract big name country players.
Have heard from a pretty reliable source that there has been a massive walk out of players at moysten ! Could this be the end an era at the land of opportunity!

someone should start a 2015 season thread. a former player myself I like to watch the league as close as I can. GO H/M Eagles

Anyone got any footy news of this comp? Anyone got a preview or predictions for season 2015? My only news is pretty much what's been in the addy. Tatyoon have recruited alot of great players, and should be the team for the title. They could be abit top heavy, and in the grand final they looked slow and got tackled all the time. The pumas have lost a third of their premiership side, including Aaron McKinnis, their coach and other very good players. But they are talking to a few potential recruits. Hawkesdale should be strong, confident and determined. That's they only news I can share at this stage. This year should be another great season coming up. What I like about the Mininera league; is the loyalty, passion and the community minded. I love that country atmosphere at the Mininera games. The bigger comps can't match Mininera in those areas. Even though the standard has dropped and the player numbers are a struggle, I think the clubs do very well to keep their heads above water, due to wonderful, loyal, determined, and passionate locals. Local clubs in this comp seem to be the heart beat of their towns, while I noticed in the citys, they treat footy as just a side interest, with little passion and no real atmosphere. Enjoy 2015!
Only two outs for moyston willaura is Fiscalini and McKinnis. Rest of the premiership side has signed on with a few new recruits/players returning. Should still be one of the two or three sides to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back