Review 2014 - Redo the 2014 AFL Draft

Checkered

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dockers & Eagles
He sits in top 10 easliy. I hope in some way you are involved in recuiting for the lions please continue on having no clue.
This really. Peter Wright lol
You two wanna talk about having no clue but you both ****** up quoting a post hahahaha

You two very biased fans might have him in your top ten and that's great, but the rest of us probably won't. Maybe you guys see him more and have noticed elite traits or intangibles that the stats don't show, but more than likely you're both just overexcited fanboys.

As for Wright, I did clarify that I would pick him as a prospect - implying that he isn't currently a better player. Cox proved this year that he was the real deal after years of people thinking he was only getting a game because of his height. Plenty of time for Wright to do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baird

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
You two wanna talk about having no clue but you both ****** up quoting a post hahahaha

You two very biased fans might have him in your top ten and that's great, but the rest of us probably won't. Maybe you guys see him more and have noticed elite traits or intangibles that the stats don't show, but more than likely you're both just overexcited fanboys.

As for Wright, I did clarify that I would pick him as a prospect - implying that he isn't currently a better player. Cox proved this year that he was the real deal after years of people thinking he was only getting a game because of his height. Plenty of time for Wright to do the same.
I mean the most memorable thing Maynard has done was to get crunched by Ryan in the grand final lmao
That's ok, not all of us can have the right opinions

RoversFC

Senior List
AFL Club
West Coast
I mean the most memorable thing Maynard has done was to get crunched by Ryan in the grand final lmao
And then cry about it even though it was one of the perfectly timed/placed bumps you will see.

If I’m being honest though I really do rate Maynard. Think he’s got a great brain and I love his left boot. Top 10? Maybe not yet but can definitely see him getting there.

Checkered

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dockers & Eagles
And then cry about it even though it was one of the perfectly timed/placed bumps you will see.

If I’m being honest though I really do rate Maynard. Think he’s got a great brain and I love his left boot. Top 10? Maybe not yet but can definitely see him getting there.
He's also famous for hitting Rioli high while Dom Sheed was busy taking the match winning mark/goal

4tone

Club Legend
AFL Club
Collingwood
I feel sorry for people who embarrass themselves with stupid comments like that
No i was there. I clearly remember a trio of monkeys, offciating some version of the rules that clearly favoured the demons that day. Funny thing is since that day, the umpiring has been spot on and pies have dominated the demons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
No i was there. I clearly remember a trio of monkeys, offciating some version of the rules that clearly favoured the demons that day. Funny thing is since that day, the umpiring has been spot on and pies have dominated the demons.
still embarrassing yourself champ

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4tone

Club Legend
AFL Club
Collingwood
still embarrassing yourself champ

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This embarrassment yes self inflicted, but its the truth. But seriuosly how good is when you go to the footy expecting a win waving your little dees flag and then guys like Buckley, Cox, Howe, and Dunn hand your arse to you.

Checkered

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dockers & Eagles
This embarrassment yes self inflicted, but its the truth. But seriuosly how good is when you go to the footy expecting a win waving your little dees flag and then guys like Buckley, Cox, Howe, and Dunn hand your arse to you.
Or guys like McGovern, Vardy, Ryan and Sheed :(

Jesslc

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yet you follow up with a post thats probably not good for any board.

Do you remember the post you made that provided more input than his? Nah, me either. Considering how much you have just been trolling this thread, I'd be wary of calling out the quality of any other posters.
Lol nah actually he responded with a full list so it improved the thread. Maybe speak for yourself regarding useless comments. ^^^

Judd2Sewell

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
This was alot harder than i thought i had to extend it to 25, so this is what i predict for the future not for current output, haven't included any players that where mature age at the time because some of those players are already in their prime. Ive also left out some players that have been injured for alot of their early career since its hard to predict if that injury history will continue.

1. Jordan De Goey - Collingwood
2. Isaac Heeney - Sydney
3. Jake Lever - Melbourne
4. Christian Petracca - Melbourne
5. Harris Andrews - Brisbane
6. Angus Brayshaw - Melbourne
7. Connor Blakely - Fremantle
8. Kyle Langford - Essendon
9. Jack Steele - St Kilda
10. Touk Miller - Gold Coast
11. Toby McLean - Bulldogs
12. Mitch McGovern - Carlton
13. Lachie Weller - Gold Coast
14. Dan Butler - Richmond
15. Bailey Dale - Bulldogs
16. Nakia Cockatoo - Geelong
17. Peter Wright - Gold Coast
18. Conor McKenna - Essendon
19. Dougal Howard - Port Adelaide
20. Caleb Daniel - Bulldogs
21. Jayden Short - Richmond
22. Brayden Maynard - Collingwood
23. Ed Langdon - Fremantle
24. Liam Duggan - West Coast
25. Alex Neal-Bullen - Melbourne
Langford at #8 ahead of McLean (in particular) and Miller is laughable.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Langford at #8 ahead of McLean (in particular) and Miller is laughable.
It all started to click for Langford in the back half of 2018. Admittedly he still has work to do to be considered a top 10 player out of this draft but if he can get a good preseason under his belt he is a massive breakout candidate for next year.

Hannabal

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Franger Banger
This was alot harder than i thought i had to extend it to 25, so this is what i predict for the future not for current output, haven't included any players that where mature age at the time because some of those players are already in their prime. Ive also left out some players that have been injured for alot of their early career since its hard to predict if that injury history will continue.

1. Jordan De Goey - Collingwood
2. Isaac Heeney - Sydney
3. Jake Lever - Melbourne
4. Christian Petracca - Melbourne
5. Harris Andrews - Brisbane
6. Angus Brayshaw - Melbourne
7. Connor Blakely - Fremantle
8. Kyle Langford - Essendon
9. Jack Steele - St Kilda
10. Touk Miller - Gold Coast
11. Toby McLean - Bulldogs
12. Mitch McGovern - Carlton
13. Lachie Weller - Gold Coast
14. Dan Butler - Richmond
15. Bailey Dale - Bulldogs
16. Nakia Cockatoo - Geelong
17. Peter Wright - Gold Coast
18. Conor McKenna - Essendon
19. Dougal Howard - Port Adelaide
20. Caleb Daniel - Bulldogs
21. Jayden Short - Richmond
22. Brayden Maynard - Collingwood
23. Ed Langdon - Fremantle
24. Liam Duggan - West Coast
25. Alex Neal-Bullen - Melbourne
On what planet is Cockatoo ranked top 20 ? He averages less than 10 disposals.

He's not ahead of Neal-Bullen, who you have to low at 25, nor is McKenna for that matter.

Hannabal

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Franger Banger
What part of “not for current output” did you not take in?
I don't bother reading people's preamble. I expect all lists would be based on an up to date value.

Nonetheless, a bloke that averages 9 disposals after 34 games doesn't belong high up on ANY list.

Last edited:

Hannabal

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Franger Banger
Mckenna is easily ahead of Neal Bullen.
Negative.

They average the same amount of disposals, Neal-Bullen is one of the best pressure forwards in the AFL (ranked 6th in the AFL in 2018) to go along with his 27 goals for the season and he averaged more than double McKenna's tackles.

This year in one game he also covered 17.2km, which was the 10th most since the beginning of 2017 according to AFL tracker.

You may want McKenna to be ''easily ahead'', but all it shows is your own limited knowledge of opposition players in the AFL and your extreme bias.

Last edited:

Andronicus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Negative.

They average the same amount of disposals, Neal-Bullen is one of the best pressure forwards in the AFL (ranked 6th in the AFL in 2018) to go along with his 26 goals for the season and he averaged more than double McKenna's tackles.

This year in one game he also covered 17.2km, which was the 10th most since the beginning of 2017 according to AFL tracker.

You may want McKenna to be ''easily ahead'', but all it shows is your own limited knowledge of opposition players in the AFL and your extreme bias.
Were you going for irony?

Top Bottom