Draft Review 2014 - Redo the 2014 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Saints weren't sold on picking Patracca @1, it really did give them every reason to do the picks 4 and 7 for picks 1 and 21.
If your not going to take the standout prospect with pick 1, then that pick doesn't really have as much value.
Patracca was the consensus number one pick, once they knew they wouldn't take him at pick one, trading pick one would have been the smart play, they potentially could have even got McCartin at pick 4, if not Wright would have still been available.

If the Saints weren't sold on picking Patracca @1, it really did give them every reason to do the picks 4 and 7 for picks 1 and 21.
If your not going to take the standout prospect with pick 1, then that pick doesn't really have as much value.
Patracca was the consensus number one pick, once they knew they wouldn't take him at pick one, trading pick one would have been the smart play, they potentially could have even got McCartin at pick 4, if not Wright would have still been available.

That scenario wouldn't of been on the table.

Another concussion and saints fans are getting restless.

There's going to be a lot of pressure on this poor kid. Maybe a change of scenery would be good for him to reset.

Would gladly have him at the dogs for the right price. McCartin and st kilda's third for redpath and our second pick?

There's going to be a lot of pressure on this poor kid. Maybe a change of scenery would be good for him to reset.

Would gladly have him at the dogs for the right price. McCartin and st kilda's third for redpath and our second pick?
I would not. Regardless of the fact that I can't really see him breaking out at all into an easy best 22 player, I'd be very surprised if he ever makes it to 100 games. His concussions are now a serious issue.

Don't think your subtle troll has slipped through the cracks. Gutless timing considering the poor kid (he's only a kid ffs) has some serious concussion concerns that could effect his longterm health. But yes, a fresh start closer to family & old mates may just be he best thing for him. Geelong would be the only club he would go to imo.

Still a big Paddy fan but with the recent concussions, he really has no value worth St Kilda considering - you'd have to find a buyer willing to accept the risk he presents.

His health is clearly the most important thing and I'm sure we'd all love to see him get a run at it.

The kid's had a s**t time of it.

So I just saw the vision from GameDay and as an aside, if Paddy wants to contest the ball and lead with his head, he's going to spend a lot of time on the bench.

I didn't know how he was hurt and I was staggered with what I saw, which is a natural full forward who has literally no idea how to contest the ground ball.

IMG_9103.jpg IMG_9104.jpg IMG_9105.jpg IMG_9106.jpg IMG_9107.jpg IMG_9108.jpg

Come on Paddy, for your health, stop this garbage.

Helmet a must or is it past that stage now?

Helmets don't stop concussion. They protect from laceration and fractures but concussions are caused by the brain shaking inside the skull. The brain is effectively a lump of jelly floating in water so any head impact can result in concussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing that two of the top 3 from that draft might both have to write their careers off due to concussion.

You already have Mckay, Curnow, Jack SOS and Big Casboult.

Big Cas will likely go.

Jack is a third tall
Curnow is a second tall

McKay is a Key Tall but far away. We have no key tall depth we only have it in defence - a new scenery might do him good. I would take the punt

A change of scenery won't do him good unless he's able to head home. Could see him at Geelong in 2019, but he'll surely be at the Saints next year. They'll do whatever they can to get him right.

Brayshaw for McCartin - straight swap?

So I just saw the vision from GameDay and as an aside, if Paddy wants to contest the ball and lead with his head, he's going to spend a lot of time on the bench.

I didn't know how he was hurt and I was staggered with what I saw, which is a natural full forward who has literally no idea how to contest the ground ball.

View attachment 385390 View attachment 385391 View attachment 385392 View attachment 385393 View attachment 385394 View attachment 385395

Come on Paddy, for your health, stop this garbage.

Certainly needs to look at the way he attacks the contest. Throwing yourself in headfirst not ideal at every contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back